Author Topic: Ulcers  (Read 9502 times)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Ulcers
« on: November 29, 2010, 04:12:10 am »
I've been hardcore raw paleo for a few weeks now with no deviations, and have gone VLC - about 30g carb a day.

I feel ok but have had a couple of ulcers which I don't often get. Do you know what could cause this?

Presumably not vit b deficiency as I mostly eat red meat. My diet is mostly beef tongue, hearts, mince/ground beef, bone marrow, suet and for fruit a bit of melon or berries, or sometimes grapes. The occasional beef kidney.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Ulcers
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 04:12:46 am »
Oh btw I think I'm lacking vit D due to sunlight, so trying to address this.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 04:25:49 am »
Perhaps more raw carbs are needed, or you need to cut down on foods eaten each day?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 06:37:46 am »
try primal defence probiotics with hso.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:49:00 am »
I would switch the melons for cucumbers.Cucumbers are very healing to the stomach and intestinal linings.Melons IMHO are problematic due to sugar content,enzyme requirements and lack of compatibility with other foods.

Btw,I would go as far as remove sweet fruits(for a while at least) and go for cucumbers,celery and occasional radishes.Good luck
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 04:00:33 pm »
Sorry, I mean mouth ulcers. Nothing so serious as a stomach ulcer. I was just wondering if it pointed to a deficiency or if it was detox or what.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 02:17:20 am »
Oh btw I think I'm lacking vit D due to sunlight, so trying to address this.

I'm also concerned about a lack of vit D now that winter is upon us. How are you planning to adress this issue?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 04:42:27 am »
I got some cheap cod liver oil, but now I've gone all rp I didn't like the feeling. I found some vit d pills in the cupboard, so just gonna take those for now and maybe buy a better brand of oil later.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 05:48:04 am »
I've been hardcore raw paleo for a few weeks now with no deviations, and have gone VLC - about 30g carb a day.

I feel ok but have had a couple of ulcers which I don't often get. Do you know what could cause this?

Presumably not vit b deficiency as I mostly eat red meat. My diet is mostly beef tongue, hearts, mince/ground beef, bone marrow, suet and for fruit a bit of melon or berries, or sometimes grapes. The occasional beef kidney.

I feel ok but have had a couple of ulcers which I don't often get. Do you know what could cause this? ...
FWIW, in my case the flesh on the inside of my cheeks starts to decay and shred if I eat too much carbs and I appear to become more prone to canker sores if I also eat acidic foods like pineapple, citrus, green grapes, green apples, tomato sauce, green peppers, ..., though wheat was the thing that caused the worst sores for me. It sounds like the only change you made was adding carbs, so that's an interesting coincidence. YMMV
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 03:39:46 pm »
tx, but i went from 70g carb to 30 so it's not that.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 01:53:44 pm »
H. pylori infection are believed to play an important role, also cause stomach and duodenal ulcers.Another main reason is the long-term use of anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin. Smoking is also an important reason, ulcer formation and ulcer treatment failure.

And your raw paleo cure?  What's that website in your signature?  You here to sell airflights?

I had ulcers.  Live a down to earth life.  If you still have ulcers, get more down to earth.  Of course if it's an emergency, see a doctor.  Then when your health is a little more stable, work on the natural cure so you can forget you ever had ulcers, not having to deal with it anymore.

I wonder what H Pylori bacteria help detox people from, heavy metal?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk