Author Topic: Freezing  (Read 3203 times)

Offline ThatWasJustYourLife84

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Freezing
« on: August 29, 2010, 10:07:35 pm »
Does freezing raw meat damage any of the enzymes or nutritional value in it? Just wondering.

Part of some of my raw beef froze because fridge was a little too cold.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Freezing
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 02:19:55 am »
Freezing might denature enzymes slightly but I think that takes time. The cell-walls are broken via freezing so nutrient-loss occurs rapidly once the raw meat is thawed - so, eat it soon after thawing.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Freezing
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 06:22:21 pm »
I know I havn't mentioned this before, such as when I myself asked about freezing...but to be scientifically correct, cells in meat have cell membranes, plant cells have cell walls.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk