Author Topic: Eczema and diet  (Read 8160 times)

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Eczema and diet
« on: April 14, 2010, 07:51:30 am »
Hi there,
I have a query, but first of all, just a little bit of back ground info about me. I'll try and keep it short.
I had childhood eczema (E), until I found out I had wheat and milk allergies. So I stopped eating wheat (and anything containing gluten) and dairy and the E went away. But then I got hooked on alcohol around age 18 and started smoking. My E soon came back when I was around 19. I'm now 21, almost 22 and I've quit smoking and alcohol for about 9 months and 6 months respectively and I've still got pretty bad E. I've been on a completely raw, omnivorous diet for about 3 months now. I also did an intestinal cleanse and liver detox last month. At the end of the detox my skin appeared to be slightly better. But after the detox I started eating again and the E got slightly worse again and is still there: so now I'm thinking what am I doing wrong?
The raw beef I have available to me is fed partially with grain, but also on grass. Any other meat or fish I eat is organic or at least free-range. I drink at least a litre of 'green smoothie' a day. This contains green leaves such as spinach, and fruits. I also eat raw ginger daily, aswell as raw garlic every other day and recently started putting ground turmeric and flaxseeds in the smoothies and sometimes olive oil (as many anti-inflammatory things as I can). I eat a couple of avocados every other day. The only thing I drink is bottled water (with the lowest amount of chlorine in i can find)
I was thinking that maybe what I'm doing wrong is eating too much sweet fruit, because I was eating up to a dozen bananas in a single day, which I guess could have too high a glycemic load to be good for the skin. So I cut out bananas 5 days ago, still no improvement, but maybe 5 days isn't long enough. Anyway, do you guys think that it's the sweet fruits that's the problem? And is it true that olive oil could be worsening the problem? (I read recently that it causes drying of the skin longterm).
Thanks in advance,
sorry for the long post.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Eczema and diet
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 09:38:58 am »
If you are eating that much carbs, you may have candida issues. ( a dozen bananas is insane )

Very low carb diet may get rid of candida but it will take a few weeks or more.

VCO detox is powerful but difficult, but it will get rid of sweetness addiction in 3 days.

I advised an eczema sufferer, young 22 year old guy.  He did a vco detox for 3 days.  He woke up the 4th day eczema free!  Amazing.  Wish all illnesses were that easy.

Have you seen Luke's Psoriasis cure Journal?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:49:58 am »
gs, does vco make you feel nauseated?  it does me... even just a small amount. i wouldn't make 3 days on vco, i'd feel to ill.

would be interesting for me to try coconut and fruits from your country to know if i can tolerate them any better? 

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 01:34:35 pm »
i never had E, but judge the foods i eat by my gut reaction.  i did something similar with trying to make some anti-inflammatory cocktail of sorts so i've tried all of the foods you mentioned (not combined, of course).  in short, i react so badly to them that i will probably never touch any again, and that even includes the garlic, turmeric, and ginger.. supposed 'digestive aids'.  idk?.. maybe they work that way for some?  olive oil is the worst offender for me on that list.

gs has had an amazing recovery,though... you can gain much info and inspiration from him!

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 02:19:08 pm »
Thanks for the replies.
I just read the whole of Luke's Psoriasis cure Journal. Seems like liver flushing regularly is very important for a cure!
I'm very interested in doing a vco detox, but I'm allergic to coconut (it therefore seems quite risky to take coconut oil), so I was wondering if I can use an alternative oil?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 04:19:24 pm »
If you're allergic to coconut, then coconut oil is to be avoided like the plague. I've heard that tea-trea oil(?) is used for candida, I think.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 05:49:40 pm »
Allergies to coconut oil exist. If you are allergic, don't take it.

More people are hoodwinked by fake or substandard VIRGIN coconut oil.  Flavoured ones are notorious, they are impure.  Maybe regular heated coconut oil is sold as virgin coconut oil?

Brand I and my family safely ingest is http://www.caricaworldwide.com/

I've seen the video of Tropical Traditions, maybe they export only, they aren't available in my local markets.  They seem to be good.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 06:02:35 pm »
Coconut oil is highly processed and is not really a food. Were mega fauna eaters, this is where we get our fats not plants.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 09:46:26 pm »
I found an alternative to coconut oil:
"And the coup de grace, to put the nail in the coffin of candida forever more is a 3 day virgin coconut oil detox. If that’s not enough, hit it with a 2nd 3 day virgin coconut oil detox. You can supplement with up to 4 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil a day.

For those allergic to virgin coconut oil. Use ever increasing dosages of wild oregano oil in capsules ingested every day some 5 or more drops of super concentrated oregano oil from barefootherbalistmh.com"

The quote is from: http://www.curemanual.com/2008/11/a-combination-of-ways-and-means-to-address-female-yeast-infections/

I don't fully understand that last sentence though, does it mean take 5 capsules or does it mean take 5 drops of oregano oil as well as capsules?

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 04:42:39 am »
After searching the entire city I couldnt find any wild oregano oil, so I checked online and it costs like 12 GB for 10ml!
So after a bit more research I found that the reason for the use of coconut oil in the vco detox is to provide energy, without providing food for the candida (or whatever other harmful yeast, fungi, bacteria), right? So I think almost any alternative oil should do the same. So I'm gunna give it a shot with avocado oil.
One small question though, is rock salt just like pure salt, or is it something expensive that I'm going to have to buy from a health shop? I did google it, but most of what I found said it was used to grit roads and that it was full of impurities, therefore not wise to eat.
Cheers

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 05:03:51 am »
A small handful of berries or other fruits usually triggers in me some cystic acne breakout on my face and zits on chest and back within a day, unless I take high-dose zinc supplements with it, so fruits are a possible source of acne. I don't notice any acne from raw meats, fish or green veggies.

As for fats, I found that the most beneficial for me have been raw animal/fish fats like air-dried 100% grassfed raw suet (perinephric fat), marrow, Green Pastures' raw fermented cod liver oil, etc.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 10:19:15 am »

So after a bit more research I found that the reason for the use of coconut oil in the vco detox is to provide energy, without providing food for the candida (or whatever other harmful yeast, fungi, bacteria), right? So I think almost any alternative oil should do the same. So I'm gunna give it a shot with avocado oil.

Actually, coconut oil has powerful antiviral/antifungal/antibacterial properties.  I think those properties might be partially responsible for the anti-candida effect, though I don't know for sure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk