Author Topic: Eat healthy, eat fast food!  (Read 13487 times)

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Eat healthy, eat fast food!
« on: March 23, 2009, 05:15:34 am »
This blog will tell you that we have made our body not able to cope with food and the only way to get healthy, loose weight is to eat a lot of food's, just with exception of a few unhealthy ones!

http://tinyurl.com/c9q3fp

Please have a look at the comments belowe; Bruce K. is the guy who runs the AV-Skeptics Yahoo group. He has been going on about PUFA's and eating low fiber, not mixing this and that...all the time. Well now he is binging on fast food and claims that this is making him healthy (weight loss, no bloating and satisfying elimination)!

So now we know; we are detoxing and ill threw "dieting".

Quote:
Low-carb's a disaster in general, esp zero-carb and raw paleo. Those diets are the perfect way to screw up your metabolism. My experience &
Matt's and a lot of other people's is that you can lose weight while bingeing on carbs if you do it right. Like once or twice a week eat huge amounts of hamburgers (with the bun and ketchup and everything (pref no mayo). I lost 3-5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I don't keep track closely, I just go by the overall trends (every week or two weeks). The only thing I did differently was going out on weekends and eating like
3-5 burgers (no veggies, just meat, cheese, ketchup, and maybe some pickles). I eat at a different restaurant every week, so I don't get used to the taste.

Just yesterday I ate sausage, egg, and cheese croissant sandwich for breakfast, 5 cheese burgers for lunch, and 4 bacon cheeseburgers for dinner (just water to drink), then a cup of ice cream (Haagen-Dazs) , and an orange before bed. My weight is 3-5 pounds below what it was 2 weeks ago, my digestion is better, my skin is better, my health is
better. I must have eaten at least 2500-3000 Calories just yesterday as my weekly binge-fest. Now I'll go back to my normal diet - meat, dairy, fruit, honey, and the occasional roots, potatoes, and white rice. Cheating and switching it up is the most effective diet, ever. Matt Stone's ideas are making people like Michael Eades, Robert Atkins, Barry
Groves, Jan Kwasniewski, and Richard Bernstein seem more and more ridiculous and wrong. Their dogma that you have to cut carbs is dead wrong. You can eat carbs all day every day if you eat the right ones, and then eat whatever you want one or two days a week, and still be
losing weight, gaining muscle, restoring metabolism to that of a healthy young child, etc.

Thoughts?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Eat healthy, eat fast food!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 05:47:25 am »
Well, it does look as though he's heading towards a junk-food diet, which is what I expected, sooner or later.

I wonder what the next dietary recommendation will be in c.2(?) years time. Virtually all diets must have been covered by now.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 06:08:30 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 03:05:44 am »
Bruce has mentioned that the whole world and all rawpaleo, zerocarb, lowcarb, Doktors, others...should know they are ill because of the way they eat! I don't know, I really don't know -\

http://180degreehealth.blogspot.com/2009/03/hamburglars-metabolism.html

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 03:38:51 am »
There are obvious concerns re the notion of eat everything all the time and you'll be able to eat everything all the time. One is that people allergic to certain foods will not necessarily develop a tolerance to the relevant allergenic foods if they're eaten in quantity(I'm a case in point).Another concern is that stressing the body in this way, forcing it to adapt to such a wide variety of foods, including processed food, refined foods, is likely to increase the burden on the body, thus leading to swifter aging.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 03:57:04 am »
He only covers carb levels though, not the toxins in certain foods and the other stuff you don't want. Not to mention the good nutrients he's missing out on with cheeseburgers (probably not grass fed burgers I'm guessing).

Satya

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 04:10:09 am »
Bruce has mentioned that the whole world and all rawpaleo, zerocarb, lowcarb, Doktors, others...should know they are ill because of the way they eat! I don't know, I really don't know -\

http://180degreehealth.blogspot.com/2009/03/hamburglars-metabolism.html

Hi Nicola.  Has Bruce posted any data points like Lex has in his journal on this forum?  Has he posted transformation pictures like Charles in his journal on zero carb forum?  If he has, I would be interested in reading more about this plan.  If he hasn't, then how can we know anything about how or what is working?

Also, I wanted to note here that I think you are great.  I have not always wanted to hear your message against all fructose and glucose, but I have a lot of respect for you and your experience.  You ask really good questions.  Asking questions is vastly more important than feeling full of knowledge.  I too think when I am exercising!  It is meditation in motion.  Only, I don't bicycle 3 hours for my meat.  With the quantity I buy for family and animals, I could never carry it all, even if all of us rode down there.

Keep it up!

Satya

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 04:24:02 am »
One is that people allergic to certain foods will not necessarily develop a tolerance to the relevant allergenic foods if they're eaten in quantity(I'm a case in point).Another concern is that stressing the body in this way, forcing it to adapt to such a wide variety of foods, including processed food, refined foods, is likely to increase the burden on the body, thus leading to swifter aging.

I second this.  Sally Fallon has claimed celiacs can eat bread that is properly fermented as sourdough.  I say, why would you even want to try?  Celiac means destroyed villi from gluten consumption.  I would also suggest, Tyler, that trying to develop a tolerance to obviously inappropriate foods for a particular individual is a major stressor on the body, not another concern. 

Finally, I would like to give a general warning against dairy.  My only dairy consumption was raw cream and raw, aged cheese.  With the removal of these products from my diet over the course of 2 months, I no longer have any symptoms of estrogen dominance (which were general symptoms surrounding menstrual cycle).  You may think is only a problem for women, but au contraire!  The estrogens and growth factors in dairy - even the most pristine grassfed raw stuff from cows, sheep or goats - affect men too.  Breast cancer in men is now on the rise, as is general reproductive cancers in both sexes.  I realize this is just anecdotal information, but I would suggest everyone to give up dairy for just one month and see the difference.  If there is none, go back.  But the changes I have experienced are very profound hormonally.

Satya

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 05:30:15 am »
Jeeze, look what the AV-Skeptics yahoo group description has been changed to:

"Eating is Exercise for Digestion and Metabolism. Eating high-starch (50-150g per meal), unlimited fat, moderate protein, and low sugar will build up health, digestion, and metabolism. Periodic sugar binges, like pancakes with butter and maple syrup, or lots of rich ice cream or cheesecake, are interval training for digestion and metabolism. This theory is utterly ground-breaking and paradigm-shifting. All other diets fall apart, like low-fat, low-carb, paleo, food combining, raw food, etc. A healthy person could mix 10 different foods together, all cooked and/or processed, and have perfect digestion, elimination, and energy, no food cravings or obsessions, etc.

"Fast food is healthy - burgers, pizza, tacos, burritos, pasta, hot dogs, etc. Junk food and sugar are healthy - as long as you don't eat them all the time. Fast food can heal you to a degree unattainable by the highest quality foods."

Oh, and Bruce is encouraging emailing by his readers to all diet gurus around (including rawpaleodiet yahoo group owner) to explain his new found ... whatever.  Talk about delusions of grandeur!  He ought to change the name of the group along with the description to "Recipes for Disaster."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 07:20:41 pm »
Well, it was inevitable. I did predict once that Bruce would eventually turn to a junk-food diet because he'd sooner or later run through promoting every other possible diet out there.

It's odd - he seems to have changed the title of his yahoo group. That just fouls up the  rankings(the av-skeptics group is usually the 5th entry if one googles "aajonus vonderplanitz" but now, of course, that link is broken. I suppose he'll change the title yet again when he find some other diet(though there aren't really many other diets left other than the breatharian diet).

Well, I reluctantly had a look and it seems that Bruce has, oddly, introduced some new very strict rules(see below). The one saving grace of that group was that there were all sorts of members with different dietary views(ranging from vegetarian to palaeo to low-pufa to rawpalaeo or whatever) and now it seems he's not even allowing them to discuss any food-limiting/food-promoting  diet:-

"Dear Moderators and Group

In keeping with the new name of the group, there will
be new rules effective immediately.

NOBODY is allowed to post anything promoting any
of the following diets. First violation results in severe
warning and moderation. Second violation results in
immediate banning forever.

The following subjects are now off-topic.
low-fat diets
zero-carb diets
low-carb diets (less than 150g a day)
low-grain or anti-grain diets
anti-dairy diets
anti-meat diets
anti-vegetable diets
anti-fruit diets
anti-lectin diets
vegan diets
vegetarian diets
raw or mostly-raw diets
low-calorie diets
health food diets
anti-fast-food
anti-junk-food
low-fiber diets
food combining fiets
gluten-free diets
lactose-free diets
casein-free diets
FAILSAFE diet
food elimination diets of any kind

Thanks,
Bruce
"

" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 07:36:08 pm »
What I find bizarre about the whole business is that he includes me in his references to the various diet gurus. I have never claimed to be a guru, especially since I have less experience on a raw animal food diet, in terms of years on raw, than plenty other RAFers I've come across - it's Bruce who acts like a guru all the time.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 08:17:26 pm »
NOBODY is allowed to post anything promoting any
of the following diets. First violation results in severe
warning and moderation. Second violation results in
immediate banning forever.

The following subjects are now off-topic.
low-fat diets
zero-carb diets
low-carb diets (less than 150g a day)
low-grain or anti-grain diets
anti-dairy diets
anti-meat diets
anti-vegetable diets
anti-fruit diets
anti-lectin diets
vegan diets
vegetarian diets
raw or mostly-raw diets
low-calorie diets
health food diets
anti-fast-food
anti-junk-food
low-fiber diets
food combining fiets
gluten-free diets
lactose-free diets
casein-free diets
FAILSAFE diet
food elimination diets of any kind

That's one way to kill a group.  That "health food diets" will be enough to drive so many people away, or at least shut them up good.  And I thought Bruce advocated a low fiber diet.  Whackiness beyond belief.  Do you know what the new title is?

Edit: Never mind, I found it: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/High-Everything-Diet/
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:22:27 pm by Satya »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 06:20:34 am »
Interesting discovery this Bruce has found to work for himself.  Wonder how long it lasts for him?
Here is is Yahoo Groups Description of The High Everything Diet:

Description
Eating is Exercise for Digestion and Metabolism. This is why many of the top competitive eaters (like Soyna Thomas, Takeru Kobayashi, and Juliet Lee) are thin. Dieting, as in eliminating food groups, weakens your digestion and metabolism and health.

Eating high-starch (50g or more per meal), unlimited fat, moderate protein (10-40g per meal), plenty of calories, and low sugars will build up health, digestion, and metabolism. Periodic sugar intake, like pancakes with butter and maple syrup, or lots of rich ice cream or cheesecake, are Interval Training for digestion and metabolism. Eating well can improve your digestion, metablism, and health. All restrictive diets fall apart, like low-fat, low-carb, paleo, food combining, raw food, etc. A healthy person could mix 10 different foods together, all cooked, and have perfect digestion, perfect elimination, stable energy, effortless weight regulation, no food cravings or obsessions, etc.

Saturated fat and starch are healthy - even occasional burgers, pizza, tacos, burritos, pasta, hot dogs, etc. Junk food and sugar are healthy - as long as you don't eat them often. Fast food can be more healing than "high quality" foods.

By eating fat and starch with protein, you will be able to attain a level of health that restrictive diet gurus have never heard of. The ultimate secret of diets is that none of them work. High-Everything is the ONLY way of eating that really works. Every diet guru is now dead. In a year from now, they will all be forgotten.

Diets Don't Work. Calories Don't Count.

The High-Everything Diet http://180degreehealth.blogspot.com/2009/03/hamburglars-metabolism.html

Death To Diets. Eat Everything and Heal.

This he probably needs to clarify:

Saturated fat and starch are healthy - even occasional burgers, pizza, tacos, burritos, pasta, hot dogs, etc. Junk food and sugar are healthy - as long as you don't eat them often.

How occasional and how often and at what quantity.  And what kind of junk food is he talking about.

He also has 10 rules. In that link of his.  He promotes an amount of junk food that will make you an Adrenal Type I like what Dr. Henry Bieler describes.

He he, I thought i was adrenal type I in my teenage and early 20s years.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 06:25:38 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 07:27:45 pm »
Why doesn't old Bruce open up a house (all inclusive) for all those slow metabolisms?

It is just a low-carb dogma that you can only lose body fat
by depleting glycogen levels. You should instead ask the
low-carb zealots to give you proof that there is no way to
lose body fat if your glycogen is full. The mechanism for
losing weight on HED is that your metabolism speeds
up when you give the body plenty of natural animal fats
and carbohydrates. The metabolism increases and the
resulting increase burns off body fat
. By eating until the
point where starches are repugnant, you literally put the
metabolism into high-gear. Adding weekly high-calorie
days where you eat even more takes the metabolism to
yet another level of efficiency. I would have to have been
under-eating by 1480 Calories a day to lose 11 pounds
in 26 days. But I was eating at least 3,000. How do you
explain that, along with all the other improvements in my
digestion, energy, mood, skin, etc.? Calories just do not
count, except for people with a bad metabolism. People
like that get fat by thinking about food.

I've never seen any proof that you can't burn fat without
depleting glycogen, except within the context of trying
to exercise or "diet" your weight off. But this ignores a
compelling alternate theory, that by giving the body its
preferred fuels (fat and glucose), you can lose weight
even with glycogen levels over-flowing. Because your
metabolism goes through the roof.

Offline nurture

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 05:23:33 am »
hahahaha  ???

this is super hilarious. Maybe hes just the ultimate internet troll and hes coming up with all these kooky ideas to see how many people he can fuck with.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 06:37:35 am »
hahahaha  ???

this is super hilarious. Maybe hes just the ultimate internet troll and hes coming up with all these kooky ideas to see how many people he can fuck with.
Oh, he definitely is the ultimate Internet Troll. He's popped up on RVAF Forums before, endless times,and spouted all sorts of nonsense. So far, he's come up with pretty much every possible diet-recommendation imaginable, except Breatharianism(won't be long before he recommends that, too!)
" Ron Paul.

Offline nurture

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 03:40:05 am »
I now present to you ... the "all-cake" diet. hahaha  O0

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2009, 04:02:58 am »
How about the all-sulphuric-acid diet? As long as you have the right "attitude," positive thinking and "karma," it's a healthy diet. LOL  ;D
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 01:41:42 am »
How long has he been on his 'junk food diet' before he has started promoting it like this?
I mean its kind of like me when i started say, a veggie diet.. Yeah, you feel great the first month (more-so because if what you're NOT doing, rather than what you are) and running around going ZOMG THIS IS AMAZING, but 6 months later ill be eating my words.
That's not paleo.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 03:04:24 am »
I'm not even sure if he is following the diets he recommends.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk