Author Topic: 22y old girl going Paleo, please help!  (Read 3957 times)

Offline coolbarby20

• Forager
    • View Profile
22y old girl going Paleo, please help!
« on: April 28, 2015, 06:19:38 pm »
Hey all,

I've decided to lose some extra pounds, so I'm going to use the Paleo way, as it seems the best diet out there.

But I'm new to all this and the more I look, the more I get overwhelmed with various solutions.
So, I need a complete but affordable package to kick start my new Paleo lifestyle and I'd like to get some info on solutions I found so far, if you please.

paleodietmethod (dotcom) (it looks really cool, an all in one package, I think)
ultimatepaleoguide (dotcom) (great resource, but a bit too much for a newbie like me, I'm afraid)
paleodietrecipecookbook (dotcom) (although nice, I'm not looking for recipes alone).

So, could you please recommend me any of the above, if you have experience with it? Or, add your solution.

Thanks and have a great Paleo day :)

Barby

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: 22y old girl going Paleo, please help!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 09:19:37 pm »
Avoid all of them.

We recommend a raw, palaeolithic diet. Here are various posts on the subject:-

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

Just read the 1st post in each thread above.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 02:04:47 am »
If you're coming from a SAD diet, simply adopting raw paleo foods will help weight loss.

i dropped 20lbs in 2 months when i went raw paleo. 210 down to 190. I do exercise everyday though. i am currently 185ish.

this is currently how i eat. 

Breakfast - I usually go for fruit or eggs. I practice food combining as well, so never both in the same meal.

Lunch - usually a simple salad. Just some lettuce, tender greens, cucumber, avocado.

Dinner - RAW meat/fish

Water - 3 to 5 Liters a day. I try drink 1 hour before meals, never with or shortly after. But drink when you feel the need!! everyone is different. 

i try to eat within an hour of waking up, and 3 hours before bed.

in my experience, waste of time to count calories. Eat till satisfied, never more, never less.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 11:51:31 am »
The vast majority of my diet is fruit and fish, with plenty of shellfish. I'm in excellent shape as a result, and look 8-10 years younger than my age.

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 12:05:16 pm »
The vast majority of my diet is fruit and fish, with plenty of shellfish. I'm in excellent shape as a result, and look 8-10 years younger than my age.

What are some of your favorite raw sea foods? i really enjoy sashimi at our local Japanese restaurant. Salmon, Tuna, and Halibat are my favorites!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 12:09:53 pm »
Sashimi is 90% cheaper when I buy it from the wet market rather than from a Japanese restaurant.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 12:24:07 pm »
What are some of your favorite raw sea foods? i really enjoy sashimi at our local Japanese restaurant. Salmon, Tuna, and Halibat are my favorites!

I like the fattiest stuff, and the mineral-rich stuff, like shellfish. Escolar and fatty tuna are maybe my favorite, but scallops and clams are close behind. Swordfish gets a mention, too.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 04:19:52 pm »
Yesterday I saw a nice vacuum packed fresh tuna fillet on a fish stall. There was still the sticker on and it said under “Contents”: “Tuna, salt, E300, E301, E311, vegetable condiments”. Origin wasn’t specified. So, beware! 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk