Author Topic: Chimps Would Cook if Given the Chance, Research Says  (Read 4965 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Chimps Would Cook if Given the Chance, Research Says
« on: June 04, 2015, 09:24:20 am »
Oh, oh! Tyler's gonna hate this one. Bad chimps!  ;D

Chimps Would Cook if Given the Chance, Research Says
JUNE 2, 2015
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/03/us/chimps-can-cook-a-mean-potato-research-says.html?_r=0
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Chimps Would Cook if Given the Chance, Research Says
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 05:38:05 pm »
That's not surprising at all. But I fail to see a connection with Wrangham supposition that "cooking made us humans", as the article states!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 10:18:49 pm »
I saw some mention of this in the Daily Mail but I did not bother reading the article nor did I show it here since it is so laughable as science. For one thing it is well-known that cooked-foods are addictive, and that the more processed a food is the more it activates addictive opioids in the brain of the consumer of cooked foods. And I have already long ago debunked Wrangham's foolish , and fraudulent claims.

Shows how bad nepotism is in scientific circles. I mean this guy simply ignored the fact that Wrangham has no solid evidence backing his claims whatsoever and seems to have done his PHD under Wrangham's tutelage. Utter fraud.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 12:27:20 pm »
I need to revamp rawpaleodiet.com articles I wrote. beyondveg.com seems to have read my riposte years ago and written a highly dodgy but convincing alteration which seems to address many of my points. He is, of course, b*llsh*tting to some extent, but clueless people won't know. Damn, that's a few hundred hours wasted!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:23:24 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 10:02:07 pm »
I need to revamp rawpaleodiet.com articles I wrote. beyondveg.com seems to have read my riposte years ago and written a highly dodgy but convincing alteration which seems to address many of my points. He is, of course, b*llsh*tting to some extent, but clueless people won't know. Damn, that's a few hundred hours wasted!

Beyondveg is not intellectually honest. I wouldn't worry about him.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:01:40 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 12:15:44 am »
Chimps don't eat potatoes in the wild. Try some wild fruit instead. And try with an actual wild chimp and not one that's been in a cage all it's life eating whatever it's given.

Also, just because something is tasty doesn't mean it's healthy. Give the chimp a cheeseburger with fries and a coke and see what happens.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 12:03:00 pm »
Interesting, thanks Phil
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 10:46:32 pm »
glad to be of service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk