Author Topic: Share your successful experiences with Iodine supplementation and Foods  (Read 6741 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Iodine Why You Need It

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj-dwWsm8D0

https://youtu.be/rj-dwWsm8D0

Today I have come to the conclusion that me and my family seem to be iodine deficient.  That we seem to need supplementation and need to make food changes.

Maybe I will find time to write an assembled summary of my thoughts how I came to this conclusion, but for now I am soliciting your experiences, especially successful experiences on Iodine.

What form of Iodine did you use? Share your success stories... point to other success stories... especially paleo dieters even if cooked... my family is mostly on cooked paleo. 

What foods high in Iodine gave you immense benefits?

Share and share please.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Share your successful experiences with Iodine supplementation and Foods
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 03:54:50 am »
Just eat lots of raw seafood. Iodine is only needed in trace amounts anyway.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 04:26:37 am »
http://bembu.com/iodine-rich-foods

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/natural-foods-high-in-iodine.php

Looks like many foods are already high in iodine. Fish, as TD pointed out, but also milk and to a lesser extent eggs.

Another thing to point out is that apart from raw meat I regularly consume starches, potatoes have iodine, I've found them to be beneficial.

AV has recommended pure starches like white wheat, if the family is having issues it might be good to explore options outside absolute paleo.

Sea vegetables are the common suggestion, but to be honest I've have not been a fan of any sea vegetables.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 07:36:38 am »
I have access to whole animals, and will eat raw thyroid, all the other glands , organs and blood.....even still I often wondered about how other elements in the environment could cause myself to need additional iodine.

Most people in the west are exposed to unnaturally high levels of elements like Fluoride,Chloride, Bromine, plastic and other synthetics that could be interfering with idoines function in the body....and there is evidence that suggest higher levels of dietary iodine are beneficial to overall health and wellbeing, so it would be reasonable to attempt to add more Iodine rich foods into the diet.

I am a big fan of dulse...I mix some in my salad daily, and will even throw it into my water bottle on occasion and drink seaweed infused water...

I agree with tyler that it is something that you only need in trace amounts and that its best if obtained in whole raw food form. I have experimented with Lugol's iodine supplements before, and found that very small amounts about two to three drops a day in water seemed to help me in the summer time when working in high heat had depleted me of much of my reserves...but when I took much more I would notice my metabolism would shift into a high gear, where I would feel hot, have elevated heart rate, and have trouble sleeping...which I attributed to a temporary case of hyperthyroidism from too much Iodine.

Its definitely not anything you should take excessive amounts of willy nilly, and for most people without clinical diagnosable deficiency symptoms,  by simply adding iodine rich raw foods into the diet, one should be able to obtain all the iodine one needs
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 07:54:51 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 08:09:08 am »
I am a big fan of dulse...I mix some in my salad daily, and will even throw it into my water bottle on occasion and drink seaweed infused water...
Cool. I hope you will share that in future videos about you. I know the media want to focus on the most controversial aspects of your approach, so it may be difficult to get the message through, but worth a shot.

There is some interesting new research about the alleged ability of humans to obtain energy from light via pigments:

Light-harvesting chlorophyll pigments enable mammalian mitochondria to capture photonic energy and produce ATP
Chen Xu, Junhua Zhang, Doina M. Mihai and Ilyas Washington, 2014
http://jcs.biologists.org/content/127/2/388.full
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:18:53 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 08:00:21 am »
Cool. I hope you will share that in future videos about you. I know the media want to focus on the most controversial aspects of your approach, so it may be difficult to get the message through, but worth a shot.

There is some interesting new research about the alleged ability of humans to obtain energy from light via pigments:

Light-harvesting chlorophyll pigments enable mammalian mitochondria to capture photonic energy and produce ATP
Chen Xu, Junhua Zhang, Doina M. Mihai and Ilyas Washington, 2014
http://jcs.biologists.org/content/127/2/388.full

Yeah some guy mincing up seaweed into a garden salad and telling about how well it complements a raw meat based diet.... even if it is a supremely healthy practice..... will not get much notice in the media, but I will personally vouch for the benefits of dulse. I like it much more than kelp and other seaweeds and its totally loaded in iodine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NR24YG/ref=s9_dcbhz_bw_d0_g325_i1_sh
I can get this at my local coop, it's kind of expensive, but a little goes a long way, and I will go through a bag about every two weeks.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 09:40:38 am »
I wonder if those chlorophyll metabolites can be transferred from the grass fed animal to the raw paleo dieter, allowing even people with meat heavy diets to benefit from photosynthesis....

These revelations are not getting the press it deserves, the mainstream is still telling people to avoid the sun, and even those who do recognize the importance of sun exposure, have a truncated view which is centered around vitamin D synthesis....

What is now being discovered is that vitamin D is not the only essential health promoting factor which we can photosynthesise from the sun.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 10:56:07 am »
I definitely value the time I spend in the sun.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 03:27:15 am »
I wonder if those chlorophyll metabolites can be transferred from the grass fed animal to the raw paleo dieter, allowing even people with meat heavy diets to benefit from photosynthesis....
Maybe. It will be interesting to see what future research finds and whether this study will be confirmed.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline lb_on_the_cb

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 11:49:06 pm »
kelp powder is pretty inexpensive, as low as $5/lb.  The others like Irish Moss, Dulse etc ive seen in the $15 to $20 range, so kind of pricey.

over on another forum they claim that most people are iodine deficient and also toxic with bromine and other halogens and that if you megadose with iodine you can drive these halogens out of the body. Supposedly the halogens compete for the iodine receptor sites in the thyroid and so can affect you negatively with low thyroid function etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk