Author Topic: Pre-Hominid ancestors 25 million years ago had swivel ears like dogs and cats  (Read 1834 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
Is this suggesting we evolved from dogs...

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Is this suggesting we evolved from dogs...

No. If you are joking, use an appropriate emoticon. If you are serious, re-take your high-school science class and pay close attention.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
No. If you are joking, use an appropriate emoticon. If you are serious, re-take your high-school science class and pay close attention.

I didn't even open the article yet, i was asking a question before i possibly wasted any of my time... you should seek some anger management therapy...

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I didn't even open the article yet, i was asking a question before i possibly wasted any of my time... you should seek some anger management therapy...

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as angry. I didn't understand your reply, but it makes sense in light of the fact that you didn't read the article, which was an interesting tidbit about a vestigial human muscle and neural circuits. Nothing earthshaking. The reference to dogs and cats was only to describe the type of ear movement that could be accomplished by that muscle.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
What I find interesting is that they state that a few modern humans still have the ability to, er," swivel" their ears, to some extent....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
What I find interesting is that they state that a few modern humans still have the ability to, er," swivel" their ears, to some extent....

When my second son was about ten years old, he excitedly demonstrated his ability to wiggle his ears. Apparently, he had been practicing for weeks. He had learned to isolate those ear-wiggling muscles so that nothing else on his face moved. He was very pleased with himself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk