Author Topic: Anyone knows what is the best Probiotics?  (Read 15043 times)

Offline vernon

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Anyone knows what is the best Probiotics?
« on: April 06, 2009, 11:11:56 am »
I am looking for a good probiotic supplement. So far the capsules supplements i tried doesnt seem
to help much. Anyone knows of a good and potent probiotics?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Anyone knows what is the best Probiotics?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 11:39:14 am »
OMX capsules, made in Japan.

High Meat.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 05:44:00 pm »
A lot of people make claims re Effective Microorganisms.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 09:20:46 am »
Yoghurt
Kefir
Home made
  pickles
  sauerkraut
  chili sauce
  kimchis
unpasteurized vinegar
Rejuvelac

The book "Live Fermantation" by Katz
Naturally, Don

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 01:05:07 pm »
My guess would be none at all.  I'm sure there are a few critters in the raw meat I eat, but I've never found the need for an added probiotic once I went raw paleo and started severely limiting carbs and other non paleo foods. 

Lex

Offline vernon

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 04:39:33 pm »
Ok. thanks everyone.

Anyway i just gotten myself a probiotic supplement from GNC - Acidophilus.
Hope it will do something.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 05:34:16 pm »
My guess would be none at all.  I'm sure there are a few critters in the raw meat I eat, but I've never found the need for an added probiotic once I went raw paleo and started severely limiting carbs and other non paleo foods. 

Lex

I know it's claimed by many zero-carbers that bacteria aren't needed, but there's certainly no truth to claims by some other zero-carbers  that the guts of carnivores/100% meat-eaters are sterile. So, the way I see it, bacteria are needed on an all-raw-meat diet, but not in the same quantities as on a raw plant-diet.

Aside from the digestive issue, the fact that the Eskimoes and other zero-carb tribes needed to consume "high-meat" to lift their spirits does indicate other potential benefits of bacteria. Here's an article re this aspect of bacteria for those who haven't seen it before:-

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/66840.php
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 01:07:05 pm »
I know it's claimed by many zero-carbers that bacteria aren't needed, but there's certainly no truth to claims by some other zero-carbers  that the guts of carnivores/100% meat-eaters are sterile. So, the way I see it, bacteria are needed on an all-raw-meat diet, but not in the same quantities as on a raw plant-diet.

I agree with you about carnivores digestive tracts not being sterile.  Meat provides nutrients that will support bacteria as do carbs.  The bacteria may be different, but they are there none the less.  High Meat is certainly an example, as is the bloated dead cat on the side of the road.  I think the major difference is that our bodies are able to digest the meat more fully leaving fewer nutrients for bacteria to live on so I would expect the overall bacteria count to be low.  Plant material on the other hand, is full of things that we can't digest at all, thus leaving a large nutrient load for fermentive bacteria (acidopholis anyone?) and yeasts (can you say candida?) that can break that stuff down. 

When doing the vegan thing I found that probiotic supplements were helpful, but once I reduced carbs to a minimum (this was even before I went Zero Carb), I found that the probiotic supplements no longer did much.  I think they were useful on the high carb diet because they helped overwhelm the less desirable bugs like candida, but once I reduced carbs below a certain point there just wasn't enough fuel to support either the candida or the pro-biotics, both of which depend on carbs.

From my experience, the High Meat effect seems to be related to waste products created by the putrefactive bacteria as they break down the meat, as the energy high seems to be rather immediate after consumption - similar to the quick effects of consuming alcohol which is a waste product of fermentation.  It is interesting that the timeframe for the "high" or whatever you want to call it, of the two is similar.  If the energizing effect of High Meat was due to the probiotic action upon the nutrients in our digestive tract I would think it would take a much longer time.

Remember it doesn't require much of some chemicals to create an effect.  As little as 1/2 milligram of some psychotropic drugs like Haldol can lay you out and make you a drooling spastic with little or no muscle control for hours.  Yeast and carbs make alcohol, who knows what those putrefactive bacteria are manufacturing in High Meat?....

Lex

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 05:18:03 pm »
I can't see how high-meat can be equated with alcohol as regards waste-products. I mean, alcohol takes much less time for its effects to be felt, whereas high-meat often takes much longer to kick off(and the boosting effect lasts much longer than alcohol's effect). Plus, alcohol has  a negative effect on the body whereas high-meat has only positive effects, and is certainly not drug-like.

An alternative explanation, given by scientists, is that the bacteria stimulate the immune-system, thus boosting serotonin levels in the body, and improving mood/concentration etc.:-

" A bacteria found in soil, called Mycobacterium vaccae was shown to boost serotonin production in the part of the brain that regulates mood. Serotonin is the brain chemical that antidepressants boost. This research was done on mice, of course. But brain levels of serotonin in the mice did increase when they ingested Mycobacterium vaccae.

Even human cancer patients were treated with this bacteria found in soil, and almost all of them reported an increased satisfaction with their quality of life.

Serotonin levels are also closely linked to immune function. Researchers have known for years that people with an imbalance in their immune system are more prone to depression, and other mood disorders. So there is precedent to consider serotonin levels and immune functions as tightly linked."

taken from:-

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/295267/mood_enhancers_found_in_soil_bacteria.html
" Ron Paul.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 01:06:55 am »
Very interesting Tyler.  My point on alcohol was only related to speed of the effect and not the actual physical effect of the substance.  I've found that the effect of high meat does take just a little longer than alcohol to kick in but not much.  Your explaination makes sense to me.  There is some substance produced by the high meat bacteria that causes a relatively rapid hormone response from the body.

If the magnitude of the response were completely dependent on the amount of a specific substance in the high meat, then either it is very potent stuff indeed, or I would have expected the build up to take far longer (many hours) as the bacteria multiply and the effect is increased.  Seeing it as more of a "trigger" for the body to release a hormone that produces the effect is a resonable explaination.

Lex

Offline letifer

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 02:17:37 pm »
I have candida issues (like almost everyone it seems) so I have gone through some probitoics. The most powerful one I tried was VSL3 which contains 450 billion live organisms per servings. During one streak of probiotics I was taking 1-2 trillion a day. Although this cleared up some candida issues, the candida always came roaring back. Because probiotics are terribly expensive I recommend (and am looking myself) for another approach. I think total avoidance of grains and non fruit/vegetable carbs is the clear recommendation from this forum.
Good things come to those who take the initiative.

Offline vernon

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 04:02:10 pm »
Letifer, i also believe i have candida or yeast issues. Have you heard of Threelac?
Its a potent probiotic. I intend to try it soon.

If you say avoid fruits and vege/carbs, then what kind of food can you eat? You can only eat things like
meat, eggs, and some vege isnt it? How to survive like that? Can we ever beat candida?

Offline letifer

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 11:49:59 am »
I have heard of threelac, it seems to work for some people. Never tried it myself.

As far as avoiding carbs I'm afraid that may be the case. Candida feeds on carbs so I think the only way to beat it may be to strave it. I remember from previous fasts that candida did seem to subside, but again it'd come back as I resumed my normal diet which included grains and alot of fruit. I have read that candida is harvested, or allowed to propagate, by the body because it attaches to heavy metals and toxins. One of the main causes of the candida side effects is the aldehyde it produces. If you take molybdenum (or get it from organ meats) the body can convert the aldehyde into harmless substances.  Check out this page for a better explanation: http://candidapage.com/aldehyde.shtml
Good things come to those who take the initiative.

William

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 03:05:28 am »
EM (Extended Micro-organisms). Was the only did that actually did anything noticeable, but having odourless shit and farts was not worth the trouble of making it.
(No kidding)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 03:06:53 am »
I'm with Lex on this one.  I'll admit, though, that I've never tried some of the suggested products.

I've tried A LOT of stuff though for my ibs issues.  Every probiotic drink (homemade!) that I learned of, fermented foods, supplements, etc.  But nothing worked until I gave up the starches and sweet fruits and focused on raw animal foods. Then I was fine. This is when I decided that I could achieve optimal health without the need for supplements.

Good Luck!

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 04:02:51 am »
EM (Extended Micro-organisms). Was the only did that actually did anything noticeable, but having odourless shit and farts was not worth the trouble of making it.
(No kidding)

I have EM-X keramic added to the water that comes out of my water ionizer.

http://www.mvskincare.com.au/PDF/EMXringstone.pdf

I also have a soap with EM-X and EM salt added (just to try).

Nicola

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 12:38:31 pm »
You may want to try LB-17.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 04:18:29 am »
I just learned about Floraderm. I haven't been able to any information on this product except for this and one other source. However, a bottle of 100 capsules for $30 seems much more accessible than other probiotics.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk