Author Topic: Where Have all the Cowboys Gone (Russia?)  (Read 34235 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Where Have all the Cowboys Gone (Russia?)
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2016, 04:14:01 am »
An other underlying sub-current of this thread is the notion that "The American Cowboy" is a dying breed....this trend is not just about the Ranchers on the open range being run off by the BLM and replaced by Big Agra ....its the spirit of rugged individualism that is dying from all across the Land of America, and as a result of globalization and collectivism is in decline in many other places all over the world.  The people that once were able to survive amidst the Boss Hogg corruption and live free and proud without the support and the strings attached of a welfare nanny state, are gone with the wind.

Now there is an emasculated culture spreading across the world like wild fire, most people have never even seen a Bull, let alone try to rope and ride one...Everyone now days eats castrated animals and are represented by castrated leaders. There is no difference between the emasculation and submission of people in the GEO political environment, and that of the domestication and confinement of the people within their local reservational environments. One of the reasons Geronimo left the reservation was because they wouldn't let him Raise Beef cattle....now the US government is making it virtually impossible for the average american to afford quality beef, and now that the entire continent has been taken over by the Federal Reservation, there is no where for the spirit of Geronimo to Run.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2016, 04:27:58 am »
Thats just a little more than the law would allow...

A lot of people from our part of the world come from a long line of honorable criminals. Redneck culture is still strong with many of my kinfolk. 

My Great great grandfather "Ol Daddy" made a living making Moonshine and Medicinal Wines with elderberry during prohibition...My Granny told me about a great many many of his exploits.... During prohibition people would come all the way from Indiana to buy his stuff.....The first time she ever saw a car and black people she was four years old and a group of black Men drove out to pick up some of her Granddaddy's home brew.

We're probably frightening the Norrherners.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2016, 01:18:29 pm »
ys, I've driven through Hazzard and surrounding areas, and lived within 100 miles of there my whole life. Plenty of people in Hazzard don't have hot water, running water, etc..

Is this picture from wiki real?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hazard_main2006.jpg
If so, it looks like a resort town according to russian standards.

One of the primary incentives for the new policies of the Russian government to encourage ecologically grown foods is money....in the next few years as more people awaken to the benefits of more ecologically grown foods there will be a huge increase in demand, which if Russia is able to expand their production of Organics, they will be able to make very good economic gain....Demand already exceeds supply, so I do not see why there will not be an effort to increase production of NON GMOs that can be sold for a much higher price.

Where are you getting this stuff from?  Anyone told you?  Or are you just making this up after reading some articles?
You must be living in another reality.
All of this is ridiculous as ridiculous can get.
Even conventionally raised meat is expensive by today's standards.  Only wealthy can afford truly organic stuff.  Average salary is $350 a month.  And if oil prices do not go recover we'll see $150 average salary in two years and today's tiny demand for organic produce will be virtually wiped out.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2016, 08:35:34 pm »
Is this picture from wiki real?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hazard_main2006.jpg
If so, it looks like a resort town according to russian standards.

Where are you getting this stuff from?  Anyone told you?  Or are you just making this up after reading some articles?
You must be living in another reality.
All of this is ridiculous as ridiculous can get.
Even conventionally raised meat is expensive by today's standards.  Only wealthy can afford truly organic stuff.  Average salary is $350 a month.  And if oil prices do not go recover we'll see $150 average salary in two years and today's tiny demand for organic produce will be virtually wiped out.

That's downtown. The living conditions up in the hills out in the rural areas are 3rd-World bad. No running water, etc..

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2016, 09:55:58 pm »
Well, it's good to hear that moonshine-running like in the movie "Thunder Road" etc. was the norm in the Deep South at one time- which is so very individualist-anarchist in spirit  ;D  . Wish it were still like that, but I suppose the Feds have by now cracked down on all that ever since Ruby Ridge and other odious incidents against US militias. So what are the other Deep South cliches besides moonshine-running?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2016, 09:02:06 am »
That's downtown. The living conditions up in the hills out in the rural areas are 3rd-World bad. No running water, etc..

I now live in Lexington which is one of the wealthiest cities in the state, but even here there is poverty. On one side of the tracks there are gated subdivisions with half million dollar homes, and on the other side there are shot gun shacks and ghetto thugs. I grew up in the working class waste lands right in between the two extremes, having to go to school with rich kids who shunned me for being poor, and ghetto kids who were filled with hate and resentment...I was made fun off for being poor and grew up thinking of myself as poor...I found that even though I had more material comforts than many of the worlds most impoverished people, by comparison to many of my peers I was lower class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3_h_fyc9V0

These integrated societies of the haves and have nots in America, create a situation of structural violence that leads many of the people both rich and poor to be much less happy in general than other in places where everyone is equally poor( as long as their basic needs are met). The standard of living may be sufficient, but somehow people growing up amidst such great inequity are suffering from a different form of poverty. Their bellies may be full but their spirits are empty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5xP6NP5_M
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:18:08 am by sabertooth »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2016, 10:55:16 am »
hmm.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2016, 11:00:11 am »
Well, it's good to hear that moonshine-running like in the movie "Thunder Road" etc. was the norm in the Deep South at one time- which is so very individualist-anarchist in spirit  ;D  . Wish it were still like that, but I suppose the Feds have by now cracked down on all that ever since Ruby Ridge and other odious incidents against US militias. So what are the other Deep South cliches besides moonshine-running?

Many cliches, but Southerners have been oppressed by the British/French/German ruling classes for millennia, first in Europe, now in the US. Some of the stereotypes are pretty accurate, but there are exceptions. Certainly I get stereotyped for my Southern accent as an ignorant hick. Meanwhile, I'm better informed about nutrition than 99.9999% of the human race. LOL So there are huge exceptions to the rules.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2016, 01:00:32 pm »
These integrated societies of the haves and have nots in America, create a situation of structural violence that leads many of the people both rich and poor to be much less happy in general than other in places where everyone is equally poor( as long as their basic needs are met).

There is no such thing where everyone is equally poor anymore.
It was more or less true in Soviet Union and to some extent in Eastern Europe way back.
The only current exception I can think of is N. Korea.

Everywhere else on this globe, pick any medium-sized town, and there will be areas of upscale neighborhoods.  Then, even in the trashiest places, there are numerous business owners, local government officials, and local crime bosses who are much better off than everyone else.  Inequality in the 3rd world is much more pronounced than in US or Europe.  As soon as someone gets a little ahead they are immediately showing it off.  Flashy designer clothing, latest smartphones and other gadgets, cars, etc.  There is such a drive to look well off that many people borrow money just so they can buy the latest iphone to show it off.  I am very familiar with Russian and Filipino cultures and in this regards the two are exactly the same.   Since Russia and Philippines are typical 3rd world countries, I am sure everywhere else is the same way.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2016, 07:18:26 am »
YS:

Inequality in the 3rd world is much more pronounced because the USA and Europe are looting the wealth of other countries through war and financial tyranny.  Do you have anything intelligent to say that doesn't elevate yourself above an entire culture or alienate half of the population?
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2016, 05:22:18 am »
Sorry if I sounded hostile there, I was in a bad mood I guess.  Nothing personal.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2016, 06:12:45 am »
Inequality in the 3rd world is much more pronounced because the USA and Europe are looting the wealth of other countries through war and financial tyranny.

I don't think you read my previous post.  You are bringing up politics into cultural discussion is completely irrelevant.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2016, 06:25:15 am »
Well, when you label Russia as a 3rd world country and act like they are the biggest evil in the world then it is hard to take your opinions on Russia 100% seriously.  I do appreciate your intellectual knowledge of Russia but your opinions seem completely heartless.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2016, 10:07:29 pm »
http://yournewswire.com/putin-human-evolution-under-threat-by-big-pharma-gmo-vaccines/
Sounds like some clickbait story. The article doesn't have a source. Could be genuine though.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2016, 10:16:39 pm »
Ok, other more serious looking websites are telling the same story, so Putin probably said that.
Yeah, I don't trust the ones that have those "secret cure to diabetes doctors don't wan't you to find out" ads :P

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/business/article/russia-to-ban-genetically-modified-organisms-in-food-production/531823.html

Hey GS, you're going to like this one:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/sochi2014/2014/01/19/sochi_2014_vladimir_putin_says_russia_needs_to_cleanse_itself_of_homosexuality.html

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2016, 11:07:30 pm »

Yeah, I don't trust the ones that have those "secret cure to diabetes doctors don't wan't you to find out" ads :P
God I hated those ads in american alternative health magazines etc. in the 1990s, when I was still severely ill. They would inevitably offer their 100% cure-alls for "just 199 dollars 99 cents etc." with multiple extra "FREE  Info-Packs", overall  reduced, of course  l)   , from 1000 etc. US dollars, and would inevitably state that we should buy this before the evil  tyrannical US government clamped down on this product, and even better within 48 hours before the sale ended. Needless to say, big pharma was behind those very ads. Then there were those ads, marketed bizarrely at non-Americans as well, with aajonus-style hokum about the pristine Native American Indians, their supposed "love of Nature" and their supposed fond belief in the relevant product being sold.

Hey GS, you're going to like this one:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/sochi2014/2014/01/19/sochi_2014_vladimir_putin_says_russia_needs_to_cleanse_itself_of_homosexuality.html
Considering that now so many lesbians are having children with heterosexuals more and more remaining childless, it is a bit absurd to suggest that homosexuality would drive down the birth-rate. Putin reminds me of the story of King Canute and the rising tide....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2016, 03:37:30 am »
I always try to encouge people to judge the message and not the messenger, no matter what the media.... I remember years ago when I was ill and there was a large alternative health movement emerging, which was heavily aligned with the early manifestations of the truth movement. The Robert Scott Bell radio show played on local talk stations and he would rail against the Medical establishment. He was entirely right about the criticism of the corruption in the established medical science racket....but in many ways was still blind in the way they pushed largely ineffective nutra-ceutical products on their show. This was before I ever had any exposure to the internet media and regardless of the false solutions presented by the host, I remember it was the first time I was exposed to such radical thinking.

The station was a terrestrial talk radio outlet for pompous ass hats like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Humanity, and Michael savage, but for an hour every Sunday I would listen to Robert Scott Bell and his guest. His show for the first time explained to me the corruption of the Federal Reserve Monetary system...it is ironic to think about how on a mainstream station headlined by juggernauts in the realm of the talking head cabal, somehow managed to broadcast some raw and unfiltered truths which inspired an inquisitive mind to seek out higher truths.

The show was only broadcast for a few years before the station went under, and what mainstream drivel I have found on terrestrial radio since doesn't hold a candle to the kind of material that we all take for granted on the internet. Sadly, though there are growing numbers individual nodes connecting through the web through independent channels and has begun a great awakening, there are the masses which are lagging behind, chained to the dinosaur media. A majority of people continue to informed primarily through mainstream channels which deliberately censor and leave out the profound and often off the cuff proclamations of world leaders such as Trump or Putin, as well as ignoring entirely insights from learned people who participate in these global forums.

The interpretation and reporting of such outside the box material though covered in alternative media much better than in the mainstream, is still spun and misconstrued by the alternative channels, in a ways that can hinder the development of transnational populist uprisings. There still are many great logistical hurdles which prevent the people of the free world from uniting across all national boundaries to oppose the monolithic conspiracy of which JFK had warned.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:50:34 am by sabertooth »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk