Author Topic: Constipation: Do you ever encounter this problem on Raw Paleo?  (Read 9833 times)

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Let us say a man weighs 85 kg. He eats 300 gm ground meat with 100 gm fats per day.

Are there chances he will encounter constipation?

My problem is this that I have severe problems of Uric Acid. It runs in whole family. If I eat fish or organs, then I always have to pay for it. I only tolerate them if I take them in very little quantity. That is why even after years, I am unable to go to full raw Paleo diet even today.

Does coconut oil help against constipation in this case?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Constipation: Do you ever encounter this problem on Raw Paleo?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 04:57:08 am »
Would aging the raw animal food until it becomes "high-meat" work, perhaps? Or just avoid raw fish/raw organs and eat all other kinds of raw animal foods?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 06:06:11 am »
Without grains and the many forms of processed foods, constipation shouldn't be an issue on the raw paleo diet....

Also, some raw foods like nuts, seeds, and other forms of vegetable proteins may cause constipation in some....is there any possible problem foods still in the diet which may be a factor?

If kidney problems run in the family, then what could be the culprit?
Typically Uric acid should not be an issue on a totally raw diet as long as there isn't food combination issues or irreversible organ damage.

Coconut cream would be  much better than the oil as a natural stool softener, if is it were available.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 08:34:31 am »
Tylor, I have not tried all Hight Meat diet. I can try to increase the amount though.

Sabertooth, I eat absolutely no nuts or seeds as they are super constipating for me.

I eat max. 250 gm to 300 gm meat in one day. Then I am still hungry. For that I eat green Salad leafs and vegetables. But at the end I get constipation (it may be due to vegetables, or due to small amount of raw meat). I also tried steamed vegetables, and they proved slightly better than raw vegetables in case of constipation.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 10:03:40 am »
What are your fats? Meat fat? Just curious.

Try having your meat with ripe tomatoes and avocados together, as well as whatever other fats you have it with. And don't eat green vegetables within at least 1.5hs of your meat meals. And it's generally better to have more meals per day rather than just one.

Also, 300g of meat a day seems like too little for an adult. Is that all the food you eat in a day? How tall are you?

If you are hungry, it's a good sign that your body is telling you to eat more. Salad greens are not for nutritrion, so that shouldn't be what you're looking for when hungry. Typically, however, salad greens would cause the opposite of constipation, so if you're still constipated then that's a sign that your body is trying to hold on to every gram of nutrition you give it. Also, fish is the easiest meat to digest, so it should be the least likely to cause constipation. However, it's also the least nutrient dense meat, so if the problem is being caused by a lack of quantity of proteins and fats, and you're always choosing the same weight of meat (300g), then when you eat fish you compound the problem by eating a lot less actual food. 300g of fish is not the same as 300g of red meat, say. It's more like 200g of red meat or something.

Or another potential problem might be if your body is starved of good organic water and it's pulling it from your foods. If that's the case, you can address that by having milk (if it fits your view of paleo), whole cucumbers/tomatoes/zucchini/bell peppers, and/or vegetable juice like celery, carrot, chard... Or if you can get it, high quality blood.

Finally, you could add some berries. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, they're all good. So are kiwifruits and kumquats. And cherries. And cherry tomatoes.

AV had a remedy for constipation that consists of inserting a combination of liquid fats up the rectum to feed the e-coli directly, and make them no longer hold on to fats, which he said was the true cause of constipation. He said that worked both for the short and the long term. I can give you the details if you're interested. He also had a temporary fix which consisted of soaked chia seeds eaten with a combination of liquid fats. He said that one only worked short-term, meaning on a case-by-case basis, without improving the overall picture. I can give you the details for that too.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:47:35 am by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 09:38:09 pm »
I weight 83-85 kg and my height is 183 cm.

I eat High Land Cattles meat along with it's fat usually. But I rarely eat tomatoes with it or Avocados. I tried Raw Milk couple of times, but I was unable to digest it. Sometimes I eat vegetables and sometimes I also juice them. But one thing I could do is to add the Berries in the diet.

I am very much interested in AV recipes for getting rid of constipation. It is a nightmare for me. Such recipes will surely help me in emergency.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 09:47:05 pm »
Suck a few cassia fistula disks. We talked about it somewhere.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 03:57:22 am »
Here's an an idea:-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8063192

Regular cold baths might be an option....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 05:41:12 am »
I weight 83-85 kg and my height is 183 cm.

Then you're clearly not eating enough food if the meat and the fat and vegetables is all you have. I would look into increasing food intake as the main cause of your constipation might simply be from not eating enough food.

I am very much interested in AV recipes for getting rid of constipation. It is a nightmare for me. Such recipes will surely help me in emergency.

The most extreme and helpful one was the one you should insert up the rectum, and it consisted of 1 tablespoon each of butter, dairy cream and coconut cream, with 1 teaspoon honey, all mixed together and warmed up to body temperature or slightly higher (but under 41C), and the idea is to lay down in such a way that gravity helps the mixture go down, and move your stomach around like a belly dancer to get the mixture to move towards the colon. It's better if the fats are high but not necessary. For most people doing it once a week or even less was enough, while some needed to do it up to once every 3 days. The mixture can be refrigerated, but make sure to warm it up (just not too much) before use.

Then there was the temporary emergency fix, which consisted of 2oz chia seeds, soaked in good quality water for 24hs, and then added to a lubrication formula and eaten like a cereal with a spoon. A lubrication formula consists of blending together 1-2 raw eggs, 2-4 oz butter or coconut cream, 1-2 tbsp lemon juice, 1-2tsp honey. All ingredients should be at room temperature and then warmed up to body temperature before blending for about 10 seconds. You're not supposed to blend the chia seeds though. That would be bad. The whole point is that you won't digest the seeds when eaten like this.

A more aggressive temporary fix was to quickly drink a combination of 3oz stone-pressed olive oil, 2oz milk, 2oz apple cider vinegar, 2oz honey, 2oz lemon juice, and then placing a hot water bottle on the stomach and breathing deeply and slowly.

Other more general recommendations included eating a small amount of high meat twice a week, eating lots of butter, also eating moist sundried clay. Or up to 1tsp moist clay and 1 marble-sized portion of high meat once a day for 14 days, then once a week after that until the constipation is solved. He also said that whole vegetables/greens cause constipation on a raw diet, and shouldn't be eaten more than once every other week, and usually as the last meal of the day only. He favored vegetable juices instead of whole vegetables. (bland fruits like tomatoes are not vegetables in this sense, they are fruits, with all their benefits, and without the detriments of high sugar content, however you still shouldn't eat large amounts of bland fruits like cucumbers with your meat as that would still throw off the acidic digestion required for meat. Tomatoes are ok however, since they require a neutral ph digestion so can be eaten both with acidic or alcaline foods.)

Another temporary remedy he recommended was blending a green apple with 5-8 tablespoons of an oil pressed under 35.5C (which is almost impossible to get nowadays), the juice of half a lemon or lime, and 1-2tbsp honey. Another possible solution is simply to drink grapefruit juice. Another one could be to drink a mixture of 6oz hot water (no hotter than a finger can stand when immersed for 3 seconds), 4tbsp honey, 3tbsp raw apple cider vinegar, and the juice of 1/2 a lemon or lime. Still another one would be to eat unripe pineapple while drinking 5-8 tbsp stone pressed olive oil or 4tbsp flaxseed oil pressed under 35.5C.

Still another one, similar to the high meat, would be to eat high eggs. They can be prepared inside the shell. Poking a hole to let air in would speed up the process. One or two should be enough.

Needless to say, all the ingredients should be raw/unheated/unpasteurized, or they may not help at all or even cause the opposite effects.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:42:59 am by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 08:48:36 am »
Thanks a lot dariorpl. Really helpful.
I have saved all these information and will test them one by one.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 10:48:01 am »
You're welcome. In my personal experience, just having tomatoes (or fresh raw salsa made from tomatoes) and avocados with my meat meals, or as a salad, and avoiding large amounts of cheese, along with having some other fruits at a separate time of the day, is enough to stay regular. Also, there may be a psychological factor. I'm not sure. But it seems that on those days where having a bowel movement would be slightly inconvenient because of my work or social schedule, I tend to forgo having it without even realizing it. Or maybe it's just that on those days, my nutrition becomes less important than whatever else I'm doing, and the result of poor nutrition on those days could be the constipation and then psychology would have nothing to do with it.

Of all those remedies that AV suggested, the only one I tried is the chia seeds, and it absolutely did work. However, I found that having to wait 24hs for the chia seeds to soak defeated the purpose of a temporary fix, since constipation rarely lasts more than 2 or 3 days in my case. Also, the fact that AV said that the remedy only worked short-term, and provided no benefit for the long term, reduces my enthusiasm for using it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:58:13 am by dariorpl »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 01:11:53 pm »
Ever tried large quantities of fruit smoothies?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 07:44:46 pm »
Ever tried large quantities of fruit smoothies?

As RVAF, which fruits should be used for smoothies (In Europe, there are not so many regional fruits available)?
Do I need to still take large quantities of Suet fat if I take these smoothies? At moment I take 100 to 150 gms of fat. Now thinking of adding more Avocadoes in the diet.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 07:45:40 pm »
btw I forgot to mention, in the chia seed remedy, the amount of water to soak them in is 5 ounces

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 07:47:20 pm »
Now thinking of adding more Avocadoes in the diet.

In my experience, while both help, tomatoes do more than avocados for this issue. Just make sure the tomatoes are ripe (soft). Cherry tomatoes are tastier (sweeter) and almost always ripe, however they're harder to find organic in my experience, and because they have more surface area per the same amount of weight, their pesticide load is higher if eating non organic.

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 10:04:58 pm »
dariorpl, I have noted all your suggestions and will definitely follow them. Thanks.

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 12:57:13 pm »
dariorpl,

Could you please also tell me the science behind Tomatoes why they are so helpful against the constipation when used along with meat?

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 01:59:45 pm »
dariorpl,

Could you please also tell me the science behind Tomatoes why they are so helpful against the constipation when used along with meat?

I'm just going by personal experience. If I come across a deeper understanding or theory as to why that happens, I'll let you know.

Also, if anybody finds that it doesn't work for them, let me know as well.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 10:52:20 pm »
Also, if anybody finds that it doesn't work for them, let me know as well.

Just because something "works" doesn't mean that it heals.

I, too, could "cure" constipation with highly inflammatory foods such as tomatoes, bread, and so on. Constipation appears to resolve quickly as my body rushes extra water to the large intestines to flush out the irritant. That's all well and good, if you don't mind solving a problem with another problem. The quick fix may be expedient, but it really doesn't improve one's health.

What's missing in your treatment is a guiding diagnosis. You are reacting to the symptoms alone while rarely looking for the causes. I don't blame you; Aajonus did that all the time, and you seem to have learned a lot from his work. Treating the symptoms is very popular since the advent of western medicine. While it does make things "easier" for the healer, it takes very little healing skill to look up a symptom and read the cure for that symptom.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 05:17:20 am »
I don't know what you're talking about eveheart, how in the world is tomato an irritant, and also, most regulars in this forum including you are always talking about the horrors of dairy and vegetable juice just because they cause detoxes that you don't want to endure. Meanwhile not only do I have those, but more to the point of the discussion here, I know that cheese promotes constipation and I still have it because of it's protective and nutritional properties.

If anything, your criticism applies far more to you and to most other regular posters here than to me.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 03:33:07 pm »
Eveheart was perhaps referring to nightshade sensitivity, and tomatoes are part of the nightshade family:-

http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/nightshades/

Detox does exist, but it is irresponsible and highly dangerous to label absolutely all problems on a RVAF diet as being merely "detox" like Aajonus did. I always recall Aajonus telling me point-blank via e-mail that all my symptoms from raw dairy were just "detox". Shortly after, I cut out all raw dairy from my diet and my health recovered mostly within a further 4 month period.
My experience with raw veggie-juice was different from others. Many people found that they experienced varied symptoms related to nutritional deficiencies if they consumed more than 1 pint of raw veggie-juice every day. In my own case, the RVJ I drank would always just exit the other end within 30-60 minutes without my body seemingly wanting to absorb it - my body's  way of doing a genuine detox, I suppose...

On the Primal Diet yahoo group I used to encounter a number of fanatical Aajonus devotees who kept on talking enthusiastically about the (often very)painful symptoms they got from their so-called "detoxes", which always happened shortly after consuming raw dairy. They were incapable of grasping that they were clearly suffering from allergies to raw dairy.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 08:34:15 pm »
I don't know what you're talking about eveheart, how in the world is tomato an irritant, and also, most regulars in this forum including you are always talking about the horrors of dairy and vegetable juice just because they cause detoxes that you don't want to endure. Meanwhile not only do I have those, but more to the point of the discussion here, I know that cheese promotes constipation and I still have it because of it's protective and nutritional properties.

If anything, your criticism applies far more to you and to most other regular posters here than to me.

Yes, I see where you could have thought I was criticizing you. I apologize for that. I intended to criticize the practice of treatment of symptoms without diagnosis of causes.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 03:35:56 am »
feel compelled to add..  please do consider Not stuffing fats up your butt to counteract .....    Everytime I hear one of AV's 'recipes' i shudder, and think the more out there they are, seemingly the more people must have thought he was transmitting a higher intelligence that only he could achieve.  Hence people would Believe.  And hence the continual outlandish recipes.
    Sucking on a few discs as Iguana has suggested will bring relief very quickly, as will extra magnesium, as will eating prebiotic foods such as leeks, as will increasing an oral consumption of fat ( dictated by taste ) as will fermented foods, as will exercise including sit ups daily, as will getting abdominal body work if you suspect you are holding emotions in your gut throughout the day.  Noticing whether or not you're breathing deeply down into your stomach throughout the day  is a good clue.
  Sorry to those AV enthusiasts.  But please let's not make suggestions here without having some direct experience ourselves. 

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2016, 06:31:28 am »
I find that eating a raw plant salad twice a day is working well.
I read a study that lower bowel microbes feeding on hard to digest plant matter increased acid levels, such as buterates, and this caused a bowl motion to occur.

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2016, 03:00:59 pm »
... feeding on hard to digest plant matter increased acid levels ...

Could you tell me which hard to digest plants are you referring here?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk