Author Topic: Hi Everyone, Rooster here  (Read 5983 times)

Offline Rooster

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone, Rooster here
« on: September 18, 2016, 10:51:43 pm »
 Hello, My name is Rooster, some friends call me Roo'.  Glad to be here. I need a lot of information on Raw Paleo. I recently dehydrated some ground beef in an Excalibur Dehydrator on 115 degrees . I didn't precook or remove the fat in any way. It taste great but I have read since that I need to remove the fat for safety reasons. I don't want to remove the fat my body likes it. What do you guys think? Thanks, rooster

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Hi Everyone, Rooster here
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:15:24 am »
I gather that removing the fat seems to prolong the lifespan of the dried jerky as some people fear the fat becoming rancid. Not an issue for us, much,  as many long-term RVAFers go in for eating raw, aged meats as well. Come to think of it, some non-RVAFers make pemmican which is full of cooked animal fat(ugh!) which lasts forever, so I don`t know what the fuss is all about.

The key point being that eating raw animal fat is fine provided that it is of high-quality. In other words, grassfed not grainfed, or similiar. Incidentally, while there are many differing views as to what constitutes "raw", imo, I would suggest only dehydrating at  40 degrees Celsius/104 Degrees Fahrenheit or below, as the key enzymes in raw meat apparently start breaking down after that point.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk