Author Topic: Animal Medicine Issue  (Read 38872 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Animal Medicine Issue
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 02:34:04 am »
GS and his family consume large amounts of fruit and juice as part of their normal daily diet.

I did fruitarian for 2 months Nov - Dec 2007. 
Since getting into RPD via Wai Diet in Jan 2008 I've progressively lessened the ratio of fruit.
We don't juice vegetables (yuck) - my brother borrowed my juicer and never returned it.
Our idea of "juice" is half a lemon / 5 calamansi in a glass of water.
It's 2009 and I've been on the High Fat - Low carb variant of RPD since Jan 2009.
...Learning from Aajonus' books and the RPD community (all you guys here)
My breakfast these days could be a slice or 2 of papaya, or indian mango or guava + a raw duck egg or two.
Lunch is raw animal food and Dinner is raw animal food ... trying to gain weight and muscle.
(Or just one meal of raw animal food if I pig out in a meal).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 02:39:07 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

JaX

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2009, 03:29:23 am »
there seems to be way too much discussion about rules on this forum. Why so eager to restrict the little activity that's going on anyway?

I agree with Tyler on specific foods for helping with specific diseases. Eating simple raw paleo will help the body maintain homeostatic balance but if the body is way out of balance (diseased) it often needs a "push", as in specific foods, to push it back in balance. This will often speed healing and is often necessary to heal at all.

Raw zero carb on domesticated, vaccuum-packed, vacuum-aged beef is no more true paleo than is including some plant material. some of the beef in supermarkets has been in vacuum bags for months before presented and bought by a consumer and by that time contains plenty of Amines . beef that has been vacuum packed remains nice and pink in color, looking very fresh.

and when did this board become a zero carb one? Isn't that what the zerocarbage board is for?

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 03:38:40 am »
GS, this appears far different than your previous statements that you eat fruit and consume fruit juices for "hydration" in place of water.  It is also counter to your previous post where you put some poor person on a "natural" fruit juice and vegetable juice diet to cure liver cancer.

Please understand that I'm not criticizing your personal choices or your right to make them.  Only that the choices and recommendations you've made are not consistent with the topic of this forum.

I'm also in a similar situation as you've described where I follow an admittedly narrow interpretation of a raw paleo diet, but my family does not.  As an example, my wife is 5 feet tall and weighs about 220 lbs - border line on being grossly obese.  She suffers from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and gall stones to the extent that even though she's had her gall bladder removed, her bile ducts get clogged and she must be hospitalized every couple of years to have them manually swept out.  All of these things cause her great discomfort, headaches, severe indigestion, constant heart burn, sleep apnea, etc, yet she refuses to change her diet.  Her doctor says that her diet is so bad, (gallons of vegetable oils, cookies and cakes drenched in honey, and mostly pasta, rice, and white bread), that even eating hamburgers and french fries would be and improvement.  She insists that the foods she eats are what her culture has eaten for centuries and refuses to change.  Her sisters and brother also suffer similar problems as they eat the same foods.

My wife also insists that the food I eat is totally wrong and she wouldn't eat raw meat or animal fat if it was the last food on earth, she'd rather die of starvation.  She sticks with this even though she's seen that the way I eat has solved my health issues, many of which were the same as hers.  The choices my wife makes are hers and she must endure the consequences just as I must face the consequences of the choices I make.  When she complains of her morning headache, her heartburn and stomach pain after eating, the fact that she can't sleep and is always tired, and the intense pain when her bile ducts become blocked, I never say a word.  She just takes her daily fist full of pills and we head for the emergency room every few months because this is the way she wants to live her life.

Our choices are our own and we have every right to make them, but must endure the resulting consequences, good or bad.  My problem is when we are recommending "medication" to solve health problems.  Like it or not, herbal remedies are nothing more than "medication in the wild" as it were.  As Tyler pointed out, plants contain the same substances as the pills - it just looks different and you may have to consume a bit more of the plant or extract the chemicals as a tea etc.  To pretend that this is somehow better or different than taking a modern medicine containing the same substances seem a bit disingenuous to me.  What I'm trying to do is work through my health issues such that my lifestyle itself will make the need for medications in any form unnecessary.  So far my narrow definition of what constitutes a good paleo diet has served me will in this respect.

Lex  

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2009, 04:21:33 am »
there seems to be way too much discussion about rules on this forum. Why so eager to restrict the little activity that's going on anyway?

I really don't see this as a discussion about any rules other than to discuss each topic within the context of being paleo.  In the current case GS started a legitimate thread asking for comments on specific animal foods having specific curative powers.  What has resulted is a spirited discussion on whether prescribing specific foods to cure a specific illness is appropriate in the context of what living a paleo lifestyle is all about.  I've made it clear what side I'm on, but the wonderful thing about an open discussion, and what makes it different from a blog, is that you have the right to give your opinion as well.  The other cool thing is that everyone can read the arguments from both sides and make their own decisons.

and when did this board become a zero carb one? Isn't that what the zerocarbage board is for?

I don't believe that anyone has suggested that this forum become focused on zero carb.  If you will read my posts I've made it clear that this is my personal choice and I've found it effective.  I've also stated that when asked, I always recommed a more moderate approach that includes a "small" amount of fruit or salad each day.  Again, this is a discussion and anyone may state their opinion on this subject and let the reader evaluate the arguements and evidence themselves.  If, over time, they choose to try zero carb as Satya has, then that's fine.  If they choose instead to add more fruits and veggies, then that is fine too.  The best service we can provide is to argue our positions as persuasively as possible so that readers have the benefit of all sides of the issue.

I also welcome criticizim and discussion that points out where my reasoning is flawed or my behavior is inconsistent with my stated values.  I do this to others and mean no disrespect to them personally, only that I feel their opinions are in error, and I try to provide objective evidence as to why I feel this way.  I'm glad to get the same treatment and seldom take offense.

Lex

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2009, 07:27:07 am »
GS, this appears far different than your previous statements that you eat fruit and consume fruit juices for "hydration" in place of water.  It is also counter to your previous post where you put some poor person on a "natural" fruit juice and vegetable juice diet to cure liver cancer.

The other fruit juice I'm talking about are coconuts.  I don't drink pure water, I do drink water + 1/2 lemon or 5 calamansi when we don't have coconuts.
Coconut water only has a slight hint of light sweetness in it.  Today we have watermelon at breakfast - ultra hydrating stuff.

It is the liver cancer patient who needs extra carbs because of his malfunctioning liver: needs his watermelon or melon juice as needed and can be observed by his wife and his water is 1 orange in 1 glass of water.  Understand that this guy is on the definition of Raw Paleo Diet: raw fruits, raw meat, raw veggies (juiced kamote leaves).  His proportions are different because of his current condition.  He was too weak on low carb... his energy levels improved when his wife added the watermelon and melon juice. His pain disappeared when they stopped feeding him at night.  The liver cancer guy's needs are different.  I already passed them off to a professional healer who attended to him daily, but they ran out of money for that kind of care.  So I just coach them over the phone and visit them when I have the time.  The smelly toxic gunk from his liver is being pooped out daily since I took over his coaching, no need for manipulative coffee enemas.  He's making great progress in the declogging and detoxing of his liver.  Of course this paragraph is about healing a person, not my diet.

I probably have to make a personal journal thread for my paleo life.  This is getting so off-topic.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:17:27 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Satya

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2009, 07:32:41 am »

There is a board on this forum for zero carb.  It happens to be more popular than the omnivorous rpd board here.  Tyler himself has admitted that the vast majority of rpd followers shun plant foods.  It's just the way it is.  I was very resistant to zc, now I have seen the light.  But yeah, the zero carb forum is way more lively.

http://forum.zeroinginonhealth.com

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2009, 07:40:36 am »
Case in point. On the other forum, someone asked about sunburn and aloe vera was mentioned by 1 person and I agreed, having had success with it, myself. So, I don't see how herbal medicine can simply be left out as it's such a palaeo characteristic.
I spent years in the harsh Western Australian sun getting sunburnt when all I ate was SAD and found aloe vera cooled the sunburn down for a few seconds but did nothing really but leave a gummy mess on my face. I find I don't get burnt on RPD and if I did I would use melted animal fat.
A study showed aloe vera to have no benefits on sunburn or wounds anyway so your wasting your time and still overstating the benefits of using herbs in treating what are neolithic health conditions.

Poor posture is caused by our ancestors and our present poor diets not by ergonomically incorrect chairs! The Alexander technique treats a neolithic condition and while it may be slight helpful  it's no where near as helpfull as a mother and father eating RPD before and during pregnancy or feeding a child raw paleo foods.

GS I did find my tooth healed but it was on zero carb and after some time. My experience with 'sugar bombs' on RPD is my face goes burning hot and I start to itch under my chin. I never have any problems on red fatty meat. That is part my bias for zero carb or VLC eating and the other being I took great interest in 'bush tucker' years ago and I bought the plant identification books and spent a lot of time in the bush and there's nothing out there excepty pithy acrid tasting 'fruits'  and it often depended on rainfall or was wrong time of year.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2009, 07:54:56 am »
The other fruit juice I'm talking about are coconuts.  I don't drink pure water, I do drink water + 1/2 lemon or 5 calamansi when we don't have coconuts.
Coconut water only has a slight hint of light sweetness in it.  Today we have watermelon at breakfast - ultra hydrating stuff.

It is the liver cancer patient who needs extra carbs because of his malfunctioning liver: needs his watermelon or melon juice as needed and can be observed by his and his water is 1 orange in 1 glass of water.  Understand that this guy is on the definition of Raw Paleo Diet: raw fruits, raw meat, raw veggies (juiced kamote leaves).  His proportions are different because of his current condition.  He was too weak on low carb... his energy levels improved when his wife added the watermelon and melon juice. His pain disappeared when they stopped feeding him at night.  The liver cancer guy's needs are different.  I already passed them off to a professional healer who attended to him daily, but they ran out of money for that kind of care.  So I just coach them over the phone and visit them when I have the time.  The smelly toxic gunk from his liver is being pooped out daily since I took over his coaching, no need for manipulative coffee enemas.  He's making great progress in the declogging and detoxing of his liver.  Of course this paragraph is about healing a person, not my diet.

I probably have to make a personal journal thread for my paleo life.  This is getting so off-topic.

Water is also ultra hydrating stuff and was around in paleo times unlike neolithic watermelons.

Albert Camus

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2009, 06:38:39 pm »
Regarding sunburn, also being from Australia I spent every weekend getting burnt red raw growing up. My skin already has some significant sun damage but rubbing raw meat/fat (not melted fat, or oils) has helped it. After seeing the improvement in my skin from rubbing raw meat on it, I have a theory that if you eat nothing but raw meat then not brushing your teeth could really help gum health from the raw meat getting on the gums!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2009, 10:01:53 pm »
Water is also ultra hydrating stuff and was around in paleo times unlike neolithic watermelons.

Well, when I was doing my raw, zero-carb trials, water(even the best quality mineral water) didn't hydrate me at all, no matter how much I drank of it. I even resorted to salted water, in desperation - no luck. In the end, fruit did the trick. So, water isn't always the solution, though most of the time.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2009, 10:05:13 pm »
A study showed aloe vera to have no benefits on sunburn or wounds anyway so your wasting your time and still overstating the benefits of using herbs in treating what are neolithic health conditions.
1 study doesn't prove anything. And besides, like I pointed out ages ago, most mderon pills are derived from healthier herbs(eg:- aspirin from white willow bark etc.), so there's ample evidence to support herbal medicine.

Poor posture is caused by our ancestors and our present poor diets not by ergonomically incorrect chairs! The Alexander technique treats a neolithic condition and while it may be slight helpful  it's no where near as helpfull as a mother and father eating RPD before and during pregnancy or feeding a child raw paleo foods.

"poor posture is caused by our ancestors!" That's just absurd! There's no genetic link to poor posture as it can be vastly improved if one changes one's lifestyle, it's due to neolithic behaviour re sitting in chairs, lying on beds etc. And a RAF diet did nothing to improve my posture, on its own. That required exercise, among other things.

[/quote]
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2009, 10:08:03 pm »
Thanks for the tooth decay tips guys. 
I'm not the one with the tooth decay, it's my 7 year old who has tooth decay.
I wonder if I can get him to go very low carb...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2009, 10:09:28 pm »
There is a board on this forum for zero carb.  It happens to be more popular than the omnivorous rpd board here.  Tyler himself has admitted that the vast majority of rpd followers shun plant foods.  It's just the way it is.  I was very resistant to zc, now I have seen the light.  But yeah, the zero carb forum is way more lively.

The only reason why it's more popular is because it focuses on a cooked diet. Few people are willing to try out a raw diet consisting of raw meat unless they've already exhausted all other possibilities.

And, I should make absolutely clear that I do not claim that the vast majority of RPDers shun raw plant foods. Rubbish. They may have a low plant-food component(usually 5-35%), but most RPDers are certainly not raw, zero-carb, by any means. Quite the contrary.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2009, 10:18:41 pm »
I think think you are correct that the theory of like-cures-like is probably something our paleo ancestors would have believed.  Want a strong heart then eat the heart.  Want to be more virile then eat gonads.  Want to please the gods, sacrifice a virgin...etc... etc.  Silly based on what we know today, but mostly harmless - except of course - if you're the virgin on the chopping block.

I'm not basing this on palaeo beliefs but simple logic and common sense. The nutrients within a healthy cow liver help the liver of a human as well, by implication. To suggest otherwise is to claim that cows and humans have such widely different body-chemistry that they originate from different planets. An unlikely possibility.

The key here is your last sentence. Eating liver alone would not maintain overall health.  As paleo we'd most likely be consuming some liver as part of our diet anyway so it should be a mute point. It's the overall package of what we do, not the fact that we consumed some liver.  My advice to someone asking would be to consume a wide variety of all parts of the animal as we have evidence that our ancestors did this.  If you start to feel better then you've probably filled some of the nutritional gap from your previous diet.  

Yet, in very recently, you claimed that raw organ-meats were supposedly not necessary. Sudden change of tune, there.
I think that what as been substantiated is that many of the alkaloids that we have concentrated into pill form occur naturally in plants.  I think  the point should be that, given proper nutrition, our bodies don't need these alkaloids for health.  All that most of these substances do is mask the symptoms but don't do anything at all to correct the underlying problem.  I suppose that a tea made from crushed willow bark will help relieve a headache since it contains the active substance in aspirin, however, I've found that I no longer got the headaches when I ate a more paleo diet so the 'natural' plant alkaloids were no longer needed to cover up the symptoms of my previous poor dietary choices.

There is an important , really major flaw with this notion, namely, that carnivores in the wild routinely use herbal medicine(raw herbs) to cure their various ills, it's not just a herbivore/omnivore thing -self-medication by animals is a known fact. So, that makes it clear that diet alone cannot possibly achieve 100% health. Exercise, herbs etc. all can play a part.

Most of us have found that libido increases dramatically on a raw paleo diet - including one without oysters.  You may be correct that non RAFers feel that oysters help in this area, however, if they were eating proper foods in the first place, oysters would not be necessary.  They wold just be another raw food in our paleo diet.

I wasn't referring only to non-RAFers but to RAFers as well. Plenty of RAFers have mentioned increased sex-drive as a result of eating raw oysters, and have mentioned a much stronger. more noticeable effect from raw oysters than with other raw foods.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:27:35 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2009, 10:37:29 pm »
What really concerns me is this whole fundamentalist  approach. Most RAFers come to a raw version of the Palaeolithic diet while doing some other raw diet(eg:- raw vegan with a little raw meat or, far more commonly, they are Primal Dieters or weston-price-dieters). Now, if we start banning free discussion by people on issues some of us don't imagine are "palaeo", then we'll have to ban anyone who even vaguely mentions raw dairy consumption etc,. and, may I remind you, that Primal Dieters far outnumber RPDers, so we'd be discouraging many future potential RPD converts. Similiarly, lambasting people for eating lots of raw organic fruit is hardly kosher. After all, even in Palaeo times, it's logical to assume that palaeo peoples in more southerly climes had more access to raw plant-food and made use of it - to suggest otherwise, would be to assume that Palaeo peoples were devoted zero-carbers long before the concept ever existed, rather than just opportunistic hunters who would simply go after any reasonable food, in order to avoid starvation.

Whatever the case, if we are going to insist on a more fundamentalist approach re raw wild herbs, then any condemnation of raw-fruit-consumption should be banned automatically as well, for reasons of balance,  as raw fruit is most definitely "Palaeo"(much like raw herbs are, but anyway). In short, this is all just a bit silly. One of the saving graces of this forum, at the start, was Craig's very loose approach and high level of tolerance, and we should be following that in spirit.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2009, 12:25:26 am »
From my perspective on this forum, and I read every thread, it seems like the biggest problem the "strict raw paleo faction" has is that when people ask questions often GS will post information that can be seen as not raw paleo and a link to one of his websites which can also be seen as not raw paleo. The implication being that the first order of defense (or offense if you like to think of it that way) against illness or to improve and defend health is not simply to eat raw paleo but to use a contrived method of diet and cleanses to clear up health problems and then as maintenance eat raw paleo.

I think the problem might be as simple as about half the active members came to the diet from raw vegan while the other half came from cooked paleo. I sort of came from both, although I attempted raw vegan for much longer and never really went a long stretch trying cooked paleo, I more went into a pseudo Primal diet than removed dairy and green juice to arrive at raw paleo. Either way I think this forum has offered a good place for both types of raw paleo eater to post their experiences and knowledge.

Satya

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2009, 01:10:22 am »
The only reason why it's more popular is because it focuses on a cooked diet. Few people are willing to try out a raw diet consisting of raw meat unless they've already exhausted all other possibilities.

Quite a few eat raw on the more lively forum.  Some, like me, are mixed raw and cooked.  But then, I do not seek out any diet to cure me of anything.  I am feeling better now than I ever have - especially the last 2 days without any tea. 

The forum was much better under Craig, and the rawpaleodiet.com site was much better under me.

Satya

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2009, 01:19:13 am »
What really concerns me is this whole fundamentalist  approach.

What concerns me is this whole fruitarian bend and Bible thumping nonsense that is posted in general discussion boards.  Maybe someone can come up with a loose definition of what paleo is and isn't.  I don't think it's a majority fruit diet in the first place.  It is a majority animal foods diet.  I also don't think it concerns the Judeo-Christian texts.  So talk of floods and sperm counts (as Nicola brought up) just really makes this place surreal lately, imho. 

And speaking of fundamentalist:  Isn't 100% raw pretty extreme too?

JaX

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2009, 01:50:21 am »
I thought we were supposed to be supporting each other, isn't that what this forum is about? Who cares what is the most extreme. Zero Carb or Raw are both very radical compared to "average" but I don't think the members of this board are looking for "average" health (or to return to their previous health problems).

Besides I thought this was a RAW paleo forum, with the focus on RAW, since "paleo" is tough to define exactly, and even tougher to sustain (a "true" paleo diet would consist of nothing but wild, non-domesticated foods)

Satya

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2009, 01:55:34 am »
Yes, of course.  The focus is and should be raw.  But it should be noted that a raw plant-based diet is not paleo.  So it must be both raw and paleo.  And yes, let's get on with the fun and support.  I am all for it.  Why don't you post a picture or recipe or something?

Offline rafonly

• Buffalo Hunter
  • fpc=811
    • View Profile
Issues...
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2009, 02:15:54 am »

"the zero carb forum is way more lively"

what i've found in that forum is a focus on:
~ cooked meat strategies
~ weight loss strategies

of course, since 99.9% of the planet's population resonates w/ the 2 issues it's easy for that forum to have become more lively than this

if charles would allow a raw meat section in his forum (without scaring people w/ microorganisms = evil type of concoctions) it might perhaps become more interesting for some people
or perhaps some kind of collaboration between the 2 forums would expand the horizons of both crowds...

now re. this raw paleo forum, if due to social pressure or other perceived external forces some1 feels like claiming they do not eat fruit but next time they post we learn they just had watermelon, then it'd seem that lex is right in expecting that kind of revelations to go into the personal journals section rather than in "hot topics" -- incidentally, up to now i had never heard before that eating python or crocodile body parts was a hot topic... you never stop learning new tricks... such as the hotness of cold blooded animals

rather, i'd love to see a discussion of "rabbit starvation" & the fat:protein = 80:20 ratio -- personal experiences, research findings, urban legends...
that would be really useful i tend to think

"time & gradient precede existence", me

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2009, 03:15:02 am »
I pinched this quote from the zerocarb forum just for you to consider

Studies of wild animal populations since the 1950's has revealed a continuous increase in the rate of cancer. Given that these wild animal populations are in their natural environments, eating their natural diets, the most obvious culprit in the increasing rate of cancer is environmental toxins, including pesticides.

Nicola

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2009, 06:40:28 am »
What concerns me is this whole fruitarian bend and Bible thumping nonsense that is posted in general discussion boards.

Where's the fruitarian bend?  I don't see it.  Where is it?
In the barefoot says humans are fruitarian thread? Which we all debunked? 
Anne the fruitarian vs Scott the primal dieter video?  Hands down Scott is the healthy human!

Bible thumping? Me?  The comparative flood mythology?  The integration of worldwide mythologies with the electric universe?  Hey, this is cutting edge science.  Including and accepting catastrophic times in history and pre-history based on evidence is a marked valid improvement over uniformitarian darwinian slow evolution hypothesis.  Evolution still happens, but on a noted faster pace during catastrophes.  Check out www.thunderbolts.info all evidence based, laboratory replicatable plasma science and comparative mythology.  This is science vs science in lively debates.

The significance of why I post the www.thunderbolts.info videos and information on floods and catastrophes is that I want to investigate and home in closer to what paleolithic conditions truly were.  And it appears that assuming today's 365 day calendar, single sun, planets far apart, night and day conditions, dry air, big swaths of oceans, 4 seasons per year, are not what our paleolithic ancestors may have experienced before the worldwide floods. 

Isn't the exploration of what may have been paleolithic conditions truly may have been like very interesting?

Seems the darwin uniformitarian slow evolution may be wrong about assuming the same earth conditions for millions of years and us humans evolving from life beginning within the oceans, then we should find sea food more compatible... but instead most of us... me included find raw beef to be most health giving.  Then the pre-flood earth may indeed have had more land than oceans and more beef like animals that sustained human life in the low carb / high fat manner.

Investigating www.thunderbolts.info seems to be reasonably valid and touches and changes all the sciences and theories held so dearly... true scientific inquiry holds no sacred cows (darwinian slow evolution is not a sacred cow)... and should be open to new investigations all the time... including our presumptions of what paleolithic earth conditions were.

I would never ever bible thump as I've always been 100% atheist and curiously scientific.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 07:00:58 am by goodsamaritan »

Satya

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2009, 07:46:09 am »
But GS, #1, I did not address my post to you.  #2, the catastrophic crap is so unbelievably unbelievable that anyone with any science background can see it's bunk.  Same with Tyler lately, I just can't respond to these reports of herbs being in modern primates therefore we all were herbalists in the past.  If the logic is lacking, then I can't make reason understood by using it.  It is absolutely pointless to comment here now! 

Finally, the reason why I am so turned off by this forum now is this comment you made to Elainie, which probably scared her off for good.

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/welcoming-commitee/hi-there/msg9619/#msg9619
"It's 1:30am.
An idea popped in my mind and I just had to type this so I can get back to sleep.
After your fifth child, did you get a ligation / have your tubes tied?
Did you get into any kind of contraception?
Did you get into any maintenance drugs or shots?"

You should delete my account now.  (I had big problems doing it in the past, as it does not happen in any reasonable time).  Thank you. And may the force be with you.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2009, 08:52:11 am »

"poor posture is caused by our ancestors!" That's just absurd! There's no genetic link to poor posture as it can be vastly improved if one changes one's lifestyle, it's due to neolithic behaviour re sitting in chairs, lying on beds etc. And a RAF diet did nothing to improve my posture, on its own. That required exercise, among other things.

I disagree and you misquoted me for starters.

'Poor posture is caused by our ANCESTORS and OUR present POOR DIETS not by ergonomically incorrect chairs! '

So I blamed it on our ancestors and parents poor diets every time a baby is conceived it's not a clean slate. Look at pottengers cats. There's numerous studies which show what your ancestors ate affects your DNA.

Price showed poor diet caused flat feet, bowed legs as well as poor facial development including narrow palet, under developed maxilla, lower jaw underdevelopment, he also mentioned poor pelvic development from what I remember. I think what your ancestors ate (which includes your parents) not only affects your posture but your nervous system and immune system too.

Check out 'adaptive capacity' in this Weston Price article. http://nourishedmagazine.com.au/blog/articles/is-it-mental-or-is-it-dental-cranial-dental-impacts-on-total-health

So poor facial cranial development/mouth breathing leads people to have that stooped head in front of the body posture, no amount of Alexander technique is going to correct that.

Poor posture has nothing to do with how you sit in a chair.If you want your child to have good posture eat healthy during preconception and for the nine months after and throw out Alexander technique books.

Albert Camus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk