Author Topic: Human farming claimed to have created the Sahara Desert etc.  (Read 1537 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Human farming claimed to have created the Sahara Desert etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 04:01:15 am »
I'm not surprised at all. It's well known that the desert in what was Mesopotamia and Assyria (today Irak, Syria, Jordan) is due to agriculture. Sheep and goats herds do the final work. 

The original article of David K. Wright "Humans as Agents in the Termination of the African Humid Period"
is here http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/feart.2017.00004/full
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 10:42:37 am »
Sounds like a bunch of nonsense. Even the article itself claims they believe the amount of rainfall went back and forth several times over the past 9 million years. So why do they blame humans for the last of those turnarounds? And why did this not happen in the rest of the world? How long have the east asians been farming? They seem to be doing alright.

And excuse my ignorance, but how is this theory that the more warm the air is, the less rain will fall? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Also, what do they mean by exposing the soil? By farming you cover the soil in green, then you expose it temporarily during harvest/grazing, (except in the case of fruits or nuts in which case you may never expose the soil fully). then you let the green grow back. Also, how does heat turn dirt into sand in so little time?

I think the climate always changes, and these "scientists" can't deal with that fact, so they make up stories and try and find someone to blame. It's what they're paid to do, after all.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 12:40:52 pm »
If you had read the article in full, you would have noticed a reference to East Asians also altering the climate in the past so that monsoons could not reach so far inland(and therefore less water would be dumped inland).

http://www.rferl.org/a/1069318.html

Human desertification has been going on for a long time. Australia, full of desert now,  for example, was heavily forested  in prehistory until the Australian Aborigines arrived and wiped out the megafauna and most of the forests with the help of massive fires etc. The future is dire, with billions of humans destroying the last few outposts of Nature in the 3rd World, and then all coming to the West for handouts.Reminds me of Jean Raspail's "Camp of the Saints".
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk