Author Topic: please help with my eczema  (Read 6494 times)

Offline jeffdamanallen

• Forager
    • View Profile
please help with my eczema
« on: May 13, 2009, 08:08:16 am »
hi everyone,
My name is Jeff Allen, I am from Chicago, IL and am 18 years old. I have Eczema on my face (go me!) I have tried creams, but they don't cure the problem. I am currently seeing a natural path doctor who put me on a cleanse. I have food sensatives to bananas, all the citruses, wheat, dairy, chocolate and sugar. I have been on this diet for 5 weeks now and still have break outs and my cleanse is almost up. any info would be helpful. thank you.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: please help with my eczema
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 08:43:56 am »
I get eczema too and don't do well with bananas or citrus also. The make my face red hot and itchy.

Avoid all carbs as they feed candida (eczema candida go hand in hand) and just eat grassfed red fatty meat and drink water. You skin will calm down and over time you will feel great....but one cheat and you'll know about it.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Raw Rob

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 09:16:55 am »
Yes, avoid carbohydrates in ANY form. I've been doing this lately and my skin has improved dramatically. (I had something called Keratosis Pilaris ever since I was a kid.) It's a skin condition that is just accepted as "incurable." But if you stop eating carbs it will go away. But like Wodgina said, If I have a beer or any thing with sugar in it, sure enough the next day my KP will come back without fail. All I eat now is muscle, fat and organs. It's the way to go.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 09:19:32 pm »
Keep at the raw diet. It took me a couple of months to get rid of acne and similiar skin-conditions(I'm on low-carb rawpalaeo) and time re cure will vary from individual to individual. Perhaps switching to different fruits/veg may be the answer. Berries like raspberries or blueberries perhaps, or cherries? Not strawberries, though.

Be very careful with raw, zero-carb. I, like a number of others, have  done a few trials with it and it was an absolute disaster for me, with me feeling like I was dying before I finally gave it up after c.5-6 weeks, as the upper limit.Then there were other issues such as extreme weight-loss(more than is healthy) etc. etc.It's not an option for everyone.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:34:59 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jeffdamanallen

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 04:46:30 am »
i can't have beer! nnnoooooooo!!!!!!!! damn it! i have to ask though. i have given up on rice and corn, but what about nuts and beans. yes or no. and yes this is going to be a tough journey, but i have a good mind set to do this. i leave for college in like 4 months. the food there is basically shit, so i need to do the best i can now.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 05:07:52 am »
i can't have beer! nnnoooooooo!!!!!!!! damn it! i have to ask though. i have given up on rice and corn, but what about nuts and beans. yes or no. and yes this is going to be a tough journey, but i have a good mind set to do this. i leave for college in like 4 months. the food there is basically shit, so i need to do the best i can now.

Ha ha ha, beer!  It's just commercial junkfood from grains.

Beans. Absolutely no way.

Nuts?  Only if you can pick them and eat them absolutely raw... and just a little... just for taste.  Grass fed raw meat should give you better protein and fat than nuts.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 04:26:33 pm »

Actually, many of us do compromise occasionally  if only for  social reasons. Real ale(aka "cask-brewed ale"/"bottle-conditioned beer") is actually technically (partially) OK as it's raw(unpasteurised) and full of bacteria. You can't get it in pubs/bars these days but you can find them in quality supermarkets - basically if it says "bottle-conditioned" or "secondary fermentation" then it's real ale. Real ale bottles almost always have a metal top with metal wires going from it and going round the neck of the bottle(this is to prevent gas from blowing the metal top off).Obviously, alcohol, however raw, is rather toxic, so just drink it in moderation with friends. If you're in a bar/pub, you will have to look for other choices such as transparent spirits/liqueurs. The coloured drinks like wine or whiskey always have congeners put in them along with preservatives etc. which exacerbate hangovers, but transparent drinks like vodka and some gins/white rum etc. have less of a hangover effect the next morning.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 03:08:17 pm »
Actually, many of us do compromise occasionally  if only for  social reasons. Real ale(aka "cask-brewed ale"/"bottle-conditioned beer") is actually technically (partially) OK as it's raw(unpasteurised) and full of bacteria. ...

I don't drink barley-containing ales, raw or not, because barley is a gluten-grain and I am gluten intolerant. The rawness doesn't get rid of the barley, nor does it get rid of the refined carbs. Everything that's raw is not good (raw fava and castor beans are very bad for you, for example). Barley ales and yeast are also not considered Paleo. The oldest fermented drink is mead and there is no evidence (at least not yet) that it was consumed as a staple beverage during the Paleolithic era. So raw barley ale fails, or is at least questionable, on 5 counts (contains barley, refined carbs, yeast and alcohol, and is not Paleo).

I have seen people claim that raw, sprouted whole grains and raw dairy are not a problem for anyone. That is not true for me, nor for some other people in this forum.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 05:03:48 pm »
I don't drink barley-containing ales, raw or not, because barley is a gluten-grain and I am gluten intolerant. The rawness doesn't get rid of the barley, nor does it get rid of the refined carbs. Everything that's raw is not good (raw fava and castor beans are very bad for you, for example). Barley ales and yeast are also not considered Paleo. The oldest fermented drink is mead and there is no evidence (at least not yet) that it was consumed as a staple beverage during the Paleolithic era. So raw barley ale fails, or is at least questionable, on 5 counts (contains barley, refined carbs, yeast and alcohol, and is not Paleo).

I have seen people claim that raw, sprouted whole grains and raw dairy are not a problem for anyone. That is not true for me, nor for some other people in this forum.

Well, first of all, raw alcohol, such as from fermented raw fruit(which wild animals often get drunk on), doesn't even have to contain grains for it get people/animals drunk. Secondly, many ales are organic and are hardly "refined" in any significant way, so the argument re "refined carbs"(usually applied to highly-processed sugars like fructos/glucose isn't adequate). And yeasts are microorganisms like bacteria so do not count as being non-raw. The only real non-Palaeo aspect is the issue of grains(again not an issue with alcohol from fermented fruit), but there are people, like myself, who are almost neglibibly affected by grain-products but who are extremely badly affected by any kind of dairy or highly-processed/preservative-ridden foods or drinks etc. - in which case, real ale is an acceptable alternative for those people by comparison to lager and other crap (though, by no means, a staple).

You're also forgetting that there are now such things as gluten-free beer. Also, this thread isn't about being strictly rawpalaeo but about how to fit in with SAD-eaters while doing the absolute least re compromising one's stance re a rawpalaeodiet. I daresay, though that any mention of real-ale should come with a warning for the gluten-intolerant.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 08:39:34 pm »
Well, first of all, ...

Addressing all your points directly would produce an overly long and probably confusing discourse--sorry Tyler. Suffice it to say that your assumptions about what I was thinking are off the mark. I rarely intend any hidden additional meanings beyond what I write, so trying to read different meanings between my lines will generally result in a misread.

I daresay, though that any mention of real-ale should come with a warning for the gluten-intolerant.
That is the key point I was addressing--so we agree on the key point. The other details are less important. My post was a warning for the gluten-intolerant, being particularly gluten-intolerant myself. My view is that all human beings are essentially gluten intolerant to greater or less degrees since we are not designed/adapted to eat gluten grains--or any grains for that matter. My understanding was that most Paleo dieters agree on this.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:52:43 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk