Author Topic: More recent evidence debunking Out of Africa theory notions  (Read 2046 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4661834/Neanderthals-humans-split-470-000-220-000-years-ago.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4302008/400-000-year-old-skull-mystery-human-ancestor-found.html

Basically, the Out of Africa theory used to suggest  just one big migration  from Africa c. 60,000 years ago, with humans being considered a separate species from the Neanderthals and other hominids, sort of like Biblical Creationism(with 60,000 BC being cited instead of Bishop Usher's 4004 BC, as a figure for the birth of humanity). More evidence, later on,  over the years  forced OoA proponents to push back the dates to c.200,000 years ago, and it was grudgingly acknowledged that Neanderthals etc. were not a separate species and indeed contributed to modern human DNA. Now, the evidence shows what the multiregional hypothesis always claimed, that there were constant migrations out of Africa much farther back than 200,000 years ago, and that there was  intermittent  admixture between the various different hominid subspecies for 100s of thousands of years, thus suggesting  more complex origins of mankind.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: More recent evidence debunking Out of Africa theory notions
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 08:37:16 am »
Well all apes originated in Africa, so the ancestors of Neanderthals must have migrated out of Africa far, far before the established dates. Furthermore, I remain unconvinced that anatomically modern humans first appeared in Africa, even if Neanderthals were to have played no part in their evolution, which is unlikely.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: More recent evidence debunking Out of Africa theory notions
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 07:55:24 pm »
That's interesting. I could believe that simians originated in Asia, but it's unlikely that apes did as well. The article only mentions simians as a general group, anyway.

Also, the hypothesis seems like they're taking quite a leap. In order for something like this to make sense, we would have to expect that fossils would've been much more commonly formed (and remained) in Africa than in Asia at that time. Or perhaps if Africa had been searched much more extensively by fossil hunters than Asia.

It would be interesting to see if they come up with new finds in Asia for these little critters that predates those in Africa.

We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk