Author Topic: Beef fat/suet  (Read 2648 times)

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Beef fat/suet
« on: August 08, 2017, 07:16:08 am »
I've got an unscheduled beef delivery and ended up with too much beef/suet.
If anyone in Chicago area needs some you can have it at my cost of $4/lb.  Sorry, no shipping.

The source is Indiana Amish.  At least that's what my delivery guy is saying.
I questioned him about it since I haven't seen so much fat before but he swears it is pure pasture fed.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Beef fat/suet
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 08:42:55 am »
That is odd. Not sure what things are like in Indiana, but we've had a very wet year in Vermont so far and the grass has been particularly lush. I'm friends with several grass farmers and they haven't said anything about their cattle having especially large amounts of fat, but the suet they have had has been of particularly high quality. I've been really stocking up, as summer-harvested suet is my primary source of animal fat. Too bad I don't live in the Chicago area, as I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 01:30:54 am »
Images of a used car/suet salesman come to mind while reading this thead. Ha! Sorry you got stuck with more than you can use though!

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 12:43:25 am »
Don't be sorry.  I plan to use all of it and I do have enough storage for it.  It is the first time I'm willing to offload some in case anyone is interested as I know myself how hard it can be to find quality fat.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 12:51:24 am »
Ha! I still have the image in my mind of a door to door suet salesman... The only thing that gets it out of my mind is the thought of someone wearing a suet suit going out on a date with Lady Gaga in her meat dress!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 12:52:43 am »
What I would like is more RVAFers forming cooperatives like Primal Dieters used to do in California where they would contribute a certain amount per month and get  half a carcass each of grassfed meat etc. Of course, this requires people who are generally solvent and who have vast freezers to contain such monthly shipments.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk