Author Topic: Metabolism Boosting Raw Foods for Winter  (Read 3299 times)

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Metabolism Boosting Raw Foods for Winter
« on: October 06, 2017, 10:43:43 pm »
Hey folks,

What foods do you Raw Paleo dieters utilise (or even avoid) to maintain a strong metabolism and keep warm in the winter?

Thanks

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Metabolism Boosting Raw Foods for Winter
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 11:33:58 pm »
I have not found any particular raw foods to be at all long-term effective re boosting metabolism. Given that my metabolism is still  fouled up after c.15 years of RPD, I am soon about to try out the Modius device(on kickstarter)(aka "wristify" on the Internet) to make an effort, and, as of Monday, I am about to try out the Wim Hof Method(c.$200) to see how that can further solve things...
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 11:02:18 am »
back fat ground and melted at 100 F.   Nuts, like this seasons walnuts soaked for at least a day, leeks to feed your intestinal flora,

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 10:29:34 pm »
back fat ground and melted at 100 F.   Nuts, like this seasons walnuts soaked for at least a day, leeks to feed your intestinal flora,

Do you ferment the Leeks first?

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 09:36:13 pm »
I'm becoming less enamored of fermented foods. They are high in histamines, so tend to induce inflammation. They do have some good properties, but for me I think their negatives outweigh their positives. I tend to eat my vegetables raw or very lightly steamed.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 04:32:57 am »
Generally speaking, I have a theory that fermented foods may be much more beneficial to people who eat cooked diets, as a means to balance enzymes and flora... but in entirely raw people there isnt as much of a need for extra enzymes and prebiotics of fermented foods, because those elements have not been cooked out of the raw foods being consumed.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 06:06:34 am »
I respectfully disagree. My own experience and my observations of wildlife(admittedly gained by watching nature documentaries!   -[ ) indicates that fermented meats are a great idea, and indeed to be viewed as a regular delicacy, albeit not all the time.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 08:54:56 am »
Perhaps I should have specified

In reference to the question of fermented foods like leeks, I assumed we were talking about lacto fermented vegetables, which in my experience does not jive well with optimal raw meat based digestion.

The rotten carrion eaten by scavengers, and even the aged highmeat eaten by primal dieters is produced by a naturally occurring process which produces a vastly different probiotic profile than salted fermented vegetation.

I postulate that the lacto fermented vegetation would be far more beneficial to people who consume lots of cooked starches and meats....(such as in traditional cooked dishes like Bratwurst , potatoes, and sauerkraut); than it would be for raw flesh based micro flora that is optimally balanced with the addition of the occasional aged flesh.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:59:58 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 01:51:23 am »
I think sabertooth is probably correct in his association between lactofermented vegetables and a largely cooked food diet. I think the main thing that lactofermented veg provides is at least some uncooked vegetable fiber. Some of the fiber in fermented vegetables is obviously broken down by the bacteria, but not all of it. I think uncooked vegetable fiber is a very important part of a healthy diet, especially from alliums (onion-family, which includes garlic, onions and leeks) and from non-nightshade roots and tubers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk