Author Topic: Does raw beef irritate your system less than cooked?  (Read 4846 times)

Offline kevNPGr

• Forager
    • View Profile
Does raw beef irritate your system less than cooked?
« on: November 12, 2017, 01:12:48 pm »
As far as food sensitivity and ease of getting processed by your system, do any of you know if raw beef or blue rare beef would be much different on your system than cooked?

I have had issues with anal fissures and tension in the past. Going carnivorous over the last four months (meat, cheese, spices) has helped but not completely. I think part of the issue may be the garlic and spices in the sausages, and the non-optimal foods (cheese) but I also wonder if I ate only beef and went raw (grass fed) if that would potentially be better.

Do you think going raw would be different enough to try?

I know I can just try it but I thought maybe someone here would be aware of what worked for someone with a similar issue to me. If I knew it would 'probably' be better it would be easier to force myself to eat only raw meat.

Thanks

Offline Xisca

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Does raw beef irritate your system less than cooked?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 07:54:40 pm »
Spices are supposed to be bad for hemorroids at least! So I would try this first, stop them.
No idea if raw or cooked meat has an effect there, for me it is more noticeable "upward".

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 04:28:33 am »
Most here would say yes to the question. Cooking creates heat-derived toxins of various kinds which cause a lot of inflammation. Inflammation is the key initiator of most diseases/illnesses. Also, the lack of water-content of cooked foods would also increase irritation/inflammation.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline kevNPGr

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 08:15:21 am »
Spices are supposed to be bad for hemorroids at least! So I would try this first, stop them.
No idea if raw or cooked meat has an effect there, for me it is more noticeable "upward".

That makes sense that spices would still irritate. Thanks I'll cut spices out.

Offline kevNPGr

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 08:21:27 am »
Most here would say yes to the question. Cooking creates heat-derived toxins of various kinds which cause a lot of inflammation. Inflammation is the key initiator of most diseases/illnesses. Also, the lack of water-content of cooked foods would also increase irritation/inflammation.

Thanks for the response. I am going to go raw because raw AND no spices seems the best bet to cure irritation. If I get better for a few months I can look into cooking beef with spices ... but I was going light on them anyways.

Offline Qondrar_The_Redeemer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 08:53:17 pm »
I eat lamb (the whole animal) and beef bone marrow. I would say, yes, the less I cooked my lamb, the less I could tolerate cooked foods. Eventually I couldn't eat it anymore. Raw has been better on my digestion, and in my opinion, tastes better as well. There are other things that improved, as well, some things that even cooked Zero Carb couldn't cure.

Offline kevNPGr

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 11:01:23 am »
I eat lamb (the whole animal) and beef bone marrow. I would say, yes, the less I cooked my lamb, the less I could tolerate cooked foods. Eventually I couldn't eat it anymore. Raw has been better on my digestion, and in my opinion, tastes better as well. There are other things that improved, as well, some things that even cooked Zero Carb couldn't cure.

Well I may need to work into this lol ... Raw isn't for me at least for now LOL!

This week I plan to try rare steaks, and see where I can go from there.

Offline Xisca

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 06:43:18 pm »
Look into chemistry, glycation, maillard reaction AGEs, and you will see... then try to not brown any food including onions, then try to cook less and less until new habits and tastes form!

You can try a short slow cooking with coconut oil and some water and covering it. Then see about what spices are not irritant, use enough salt to taste, and use vinegar, lemon juice even orange juice... Eat well preparred tartare in a good restaurant...

My prefered spice is my jar of turmeric slowly cooked in coconut oil and very little pepper, as this is an irritant. Turmeric oils are supposed to be released in oil, thus the tip and the benefit of cooking it.

Also, I use raw good veggies as a mix, for texture reasons and also help to chew and mix with the meat. If you pay attention to tastes and are inventive in your mixes.... then it is a new artistic world opening!

Offline tding

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 12:10:11 am »
For me, raw beef from a good place goes down easy and never causes any problems. Not always true for cooked meat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk