Author Topic: Facing problems starting out...  (Read 3854 times)

Offline hereandnow

• Forager
    • View Profile
Facing problems starting out...
« on: January 07, 2018, 04:29:27 am »
Dear fellow board members,

I recently transitioned from a cooked paleo keto diet to a raw paleo keto diet and am facing issues with my protein intake. I was consuming roughly 200 grams of animal meat protein on the cooked diet without problems. But on the raw diet the same quantity is making me physically stressed and tired and I think taxing my kidneys. This has happened over a period of 2 weeks of eating raw. Now my body is telling me to stop eating the raw meat.

My plan of action is as follows:
1) Take a break from eating raw meat for a few days
2) Increase my fat intake - my current source of fat is raw butter. I plan to add suet/other raw animal fats to my diet soon.
3) Cut down my raw meat intake when I start eating it again.

Can anyone relate with this experience? How should I think about my protein intake? Do you have any tips/suggestions for me?

Thank you in advance.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Facing problems starting out...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 04:31:55 am »
Some RVAFers here view 100g of raw protein consumption to be enough per day. Also, consider trying a 95-98% raw animal food, 2-5% raw plant food diet as another possibility.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline hereandnow

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 05:16:28 am »
Some RVAFers here view 100g of raw protein consumption to be enough per day. Also, consider trying a 95-98% raw animal food, 2-5% raw plant food diet as another possibility.

Thank you.

Another problem I have faced is eating raw meat and raw eggs as a part of the same meal. It stresses me physically and my eyes get dry and reddish. I'm not sure if it is just the excess meat protein or just the eggs or the combination of the two that has this impact on my eyes. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 05:33:31 am »
Everyone is different. For example, if I overeat raw eggs, I usually do not properly absorb them and they just go out the other end quite fast.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 12:04:03 pm »
Raw butter could be an issue, it has always caused me problems? Too many eggs can also cause problems, as well as not getting enough raw animal fat to properly buffer a high protein intake.

I would recommend eating a full spectrum of quality animal fats. Belly fat, backfat, suet, bone marrow, ect.

Im also a fan of using coconut butter as a supplemental fat source, and will eat up to 4 tablespoons a day, along with about a half pound of raw animal fat and over a pound and a half of mutton, with some portion of various organ meats and blood.

Some plant foods might be good to experiment with as well. I do good with most salad greens and some low glycemic vegetables.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline hereandnow

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 11:20:48 pm »
Hi Sabertooth,

Thank you for your inputs. Do you have a Youtube channel called “Derek”. If so, I have really enjoyed your videos.

I don’t believe raw butter is an issue. I have been eating around 100-150 grams of it almost daily for many months without problems.
Perhaps it was the eggs. I stopped the eggs and have lowered my raw meat intake to 100-150 grams a day and the symptoms (physical stress, fatigue, stress on kidneys) have gone away.
I have finally got some raw animal fat and plan to add it to my meals as an additional source of fat (along with butter).

Can I request your views on the below questions? Of course all other members are welcome to opine.

1. What is the difference between belly fat/back fat and suet? I was under the impression that belly fat/back fat was the suet.

2. You state that you eat around 225 grams of animal fat (translates to around 1,900 calories) and 680 grams of raw meat (translates to 1,800 calories). Including the organ meats, this appears to be a 50:50 fat/protein diet in terms of calorie intake. Would you say this is a ketogenic diet? Isn’t your fat intake low compared to your protein intake? Note: My calculations are based on the following: 8.5 calories in 1 gram of fat and 2.7 calories in 1 gram of protein.

3. What is your view on raw vegetable juices? Do you drink any? If so, what recipe do you use? Which salad greens do you do well with?

4. What is your view on vegetable probiotics such as sauerkraut? What are your main sources of probiotics?

5. Do you eat eggs on a regular basis? If so, how many per day on average?

6. Do you add any sauces to your raw meat?

It is a long list of questions, and I hope not too much trouble.

Thank you in advance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk