Author Topic: Fresh Meat  (Read 4061 times)

Offline organick

• Forager
    • View Profile
Fresh Meat
« on: March 03, 2018, 10:32:57 am »
Hi everyone... I’m new to this world. Previously a vegan, then raw vegan, then frutarian—who thankfully woke up from that deep sleep state where I believed those approaches to be “the way”.

I jumped off the vegan ship about 6 months ago, and working within a paleo format since. I recently (two weeks) began this raw journey, and I’m very perplexed!

This makes sense to my human nature. Eating raw flesh foods makes the most sense to me. I have been eating raw eggs, recently started raw milk, raw cheese, raw butter, and unheated honey.

I have had 3 attempts with organic, 100% grass fed raw beef, and all three occasions have sent me into an extreme anxiety state, full with shaking, racing thoughts, rapid heartbeat and a legitimate fear that I am about to have a heart attack. So! Needless to say, I am a bit hesitant moving forward... but I imagine there must be some explanation for this. I imagine that this group of experienced individuals will have some insight to lend. I’m looking forward to regenerating my health and reconnecting to the wonder that is nature!

~ Nick

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh Meat
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 05:42:38 am »
Are you creating the anxiety by worrying, or is it anxiety that comes from within? It's important to make a distinction between the two. For example, whenever I eat high-carb food I get a bodily anxiety. I've learnt to identify this sensation though and now I just tell myself that it's all in my head, which negates it in a way.

Offline organick

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 05:44:59 am »
Hello there, Dingeman! Certainly was true bodily anxiety. I just ate raw chicken and had no anxiety reaction. But my conditioned fear of eating raw chicken was much higher than my fear of eating raw beef. So, these experiences say to me that my body is not quite ready for raw beef. Would you agree?

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 05:52:11 am »
It depends. When I ate raw fat and meat for the first time I started feeling twitches and little shakes everywhere over my body. Looking back, it probably was my body detoxing/getting rid of all the gunk in my veins after years of eating chocolate sprinkles for breakfast and never consuming any anti-inflammatory (raw fat or meat) foods.

Try to decrease your intake and then build up slowly. If it is a normal detox then it should go away over time 100%.

Let us know!

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 05:54:51 am »
Also, are you sure the meat was good quality? I ate meat from an unhealthy animal once and got crazy blurry vision and lightness in my head. Everyone reacts differently so maybe bad meat gives you anxitety?

Offline organick

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 05:59:01 am »
I tried two different sources of organic grass fed beef. One was ground beef, packaged in one of those small block packages. Another was a fresh cut from the Whole Foods butcher counter. Both 100% organic grass fed. And I have a friend locally who buys the same and eats it with no problems whatsoever. So I think it is my individual body, not the product. I will continue with chicken and see if I have any better luck in a few weeks or so with the red meat again!

Offline BlancheB

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 06:26:28 pm »
Hi Nick! Good to see you here.

I also experienced a similar issue. First try with raw beef I bought grassfed aussie beef and got anxiety symptoms. It went for about 2 weeks. I stopped PD for a while. Then just tried local beef (not sure if grassfed) the other day. No anxiety. God knows what might have been in that imported meat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk