Author Topic: Beef alternatives?  (Read 4326 times)

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Beef alternatives?
« on: March 21, 2018, 05:17:28 am »
I have become intolerant to beef for the time being and am looking for alternatives.
Would anyone recommend, say eating raw farmed shellfish instead for a while?

I only have access to wild seafood on occasion and don't have any sources for fully pastured animals other than beef/lamb.
I digest shellfish like oysters, clams, crab, mussels, lobster, scallops and the likes with ease.

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beef alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 07:58:03 am »
I've lately been eating pretty much just lobster and crap

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 08:21:25 am »
Look into buying raw wild game, either from wholesalers or direct from hunters. If you can, go hunting yourself. As long as you have a large freezer/chill-room you could store a whole carcass, which would last for months.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 08:45:13 am »
Here in Canada its illegal to buy wild game meat unless its farmed and either most or all of the farmed stuff I have available is grain fed.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 09:11:27 am »
When I was in London at the very start of going rawpalaeo, I , like many RVAFers, was absolutely convinced that there was nothing cheap available for me that was of high quality. All I could find was raw, grassfed meat advertised at 4 pounds sterling per 100g or worse. However, just like everyone else, did a lot of searching until I found regular sources, such as the LFM farmers' markets among others, which were all cheap enough. Even people in Kiev can get decent sources, as , under Communism, people were all allocated a small garden outside the city for growing vegetables or raising small animals. The point is, anything is possible. Either you can find cheap, good enough sources, or you can grow your own.For example, casual googling shows:-

http://www.macleans.ca/society/life/wild-about-game/

http://www.eatwild.com/products/canada.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/fred-dardenne-foraging-wild-food-1.4084381

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 01:20:57 am »
You can also try farming insects.

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 08:25:49 am »
Just had some musty dried aged stuff that I tolerate better.  They don't label any of the seafood as wild at my market but most of it apparently is.
I even have easy and cheap access to wild razor clams and sea urchin.  Apparently they don't have enough wild label signs.  Sounds like an excuse to be honest.

I might look into buying dried grass hoppers and stuff eventually though thanks.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 03:15:43 am »
I have become intolerant to beef for the time being and am looking for alternatives.
Would anyone recommend, say eating raw farmed shellfish instead for a while?

I only have access to wild seafood on occasion and don't have any sources for fully pastured animals other than beef/lamb.
I digest shellfish like oysters, clams, crab, mussels, lobster, scallops and the likes with ease.

I wouldn't eat any sea food that's been farmed. Farmed fish are fed grain and unnatural foods. They must be pumped full of antibiotics or they would die from disease from being raised in crowded pens. Swai and tilapia are even worse, instead of cages they are raised in water that is more contaminated than a sewer. I don't know about clams and oysters but I imagine they are raised under the same conditions.

My favorite alternative to beef is wild caught salmon. I get a pretty good deal buying it frozen. Especially when it goes on sale.

Don't buy farmed fish. Farmed salmon isn't naturally pink and they must put red dye in their feed in order to color the meat back to it's natural color. Yuk!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk