Author Topic: Permanent sticky thread on the anthropocene era  (Read 28708 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Permanent sticky thread on the anthropocene era
« on: May 07, 2018, 03:37:30 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5697861/The-riddle-vanishing-sparrows-SOLVED.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5697689/Piled-driftwood-scores-discarded-bottles-car-parts-tyres-choke-Yorkshire-stream.html

Interesting contrast made by the writer comparing  the decline of the sparrows to the cuckoos used in mines to detect any gas. Implying that mankind will be next at some stage.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Permanent sticky thread on the anthropocene era
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 07:14:17 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5736385/A-worlds-protected-areas-risk-intense-human-pressure.html

I regularly visit France's Mercantour national park among others in the SE area of France, and was  routinely appalled to notice the human encroachment on the parks, with full legal assistance from the French government.For example, the approach to the Mercantour park, above Les Menuires, used to have a log across it to prevent vehicles entering the park. For some years, though, the log has been removed, so that vehicles can now reach the Merveilles refuge hut at c. 2100m, thus allowing people to reach the place without having to walk. In addition, farmers have always been allowed to shepherd their flocks of sheep in the national park, thus disturbing wildlife etc. Plus, French farmers are odious people who scream bloody murder if their sheep are killed by wolves, even though they get compensation.Even worse, the beauty of the park was totally ruined by the presence of a hydroelectric dam near Les Mesches reservoir, which drained most of the water from the mountain-lakes above, which had been turned into reservoirs for the dam. The result was that, in August, the lakes would seem really ugly, with huge pale scars showing near the depleted lakes, showing where the water would have been if the drainage had not existed.Admittedly, the area is such a weather-magnet, that, at other times of the year, the lakes are just barely OK, but still. Oh, and France's national parks are often situated only near mountainous areas near the border, so they often look like narrow corridors. Fortunately, often Spanish(?) or Italian national parks of a similiar nature are sometimes situated opposite, or the wildlife would be even more harmed when migrating.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Permanent sticky thread on the anthropocene era
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 02:05:01 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5819395/70-tiny-pieces-plastic-one-plate-shellfish-highlights-British-coastal-waters-contamination.html

I must admit this new anti-plastic theme in the media sounds suspicious. No one cared about it before except a few eccentricts. Now, suddenly, there is a mass movement against plastic in the oceans etc. I do wonder if big corporations are sensing a huge profit in  rousing all this hype.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk