Author Topic: Pork - Good or Bad?  (Read 260 times)

Offline norawnofun

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Pork - Good or Bad?
« on: August 29, 2018, 07:40:41 am »
What´s ur intake on Pork? I recently stumbled across this article that explains the effect of uncured pork on the human blood system https://zerocarbzen.com/pork/ What do you think about the reputation that they have more parasites than other meats? I found that cooked pork gives me energy, makes me gain weight (in a positive way) and speeds up my digestion. Pork has a bad rep, but is it really that bad? Who of u is eating it raw? The spartans had in in their staple blood soup, the okinawans eat it a lot, so is pork really that unhealthy if its raised on pasture or at least organic? Furthermore, pork liver seems to have the highest heme iron content of any food that is out there, more than double the amount of veal liver. https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/healthlinkbc-files/iron-foods http://www.dailyiron.net/veal-liver/ It seems that I can digest pork very easily on my low HCI, beef and lamb I have issues with, which are supposed to be healthier

Offline Raulik

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Pork - Good or Bad?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 09:03:18 am »
wild pork is red

inside farms and cities its white

like grainfed beef fat.. like supermarket yolk.. like supemarket chicken breast.. like fucking white bread

only wild meat is nutrient dense

Online TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 04:14:58 pm »
I sometimes eat raw wild boar. It's excellent. I will eat raw  pork occasionally if nothing else is available, but avoid raw chicken like the plague.Pigs are usually fed on crap like soy so are to be avoided if you can find something better(ie grassfed or wild).

Offline Mr_Sirloin

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 05:41:52 pm »
I was never so enthusiastic about pork taste wise. Bacon is great, but good luck finding nitrate free in the UK supermarket.
 Most pork is commercially raised pork, and commercially raised pork are walking vessel of trash. Whilst working at a bakery we would wrap all the left over pies and pastries into a garbage bag to be taken to  pig farms. Having seen that there's no way I'll ever be eating their organs or fat where all that disgusting garbage sticks to.

Offline Leonidas

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 04:52:09 pm »
The article says that only uncured COOCKED pork is bad. Raw should be fine. If you eat healthy porks you dont have to worry about parasites. In Germany, Mett is really popular, which is raw pork with salt and spices.  I’ve never heard of negative things about Mett( besides the typical argumentation, that meat should be avoided and so on). I eat pork very often raw and never felt something wrong with it.

Online van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 01:02:46 am »
my guess is that it's salted enough to kill parasites. 

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 02:30:52 am »
Have eaten a lot of Raw Pork over several years with enjoyment.    No problems with Raw Pork and Raw Chicken which are grrrreat!    Eating Raw Fish and Rotten Fish at the moment, and trying these for a long period.   Rotten Fish needs keeping for some time to get strong and flavourful, and Frozen Fish takes very long to recover from the freezing before it can start to go high.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk