Author Topic: Pork - Good or Bad?  (Read 5524 times)

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
Pork - Good or Bad?
« on: August 29, 2018, 07:40:41 am »
What´s ur intake on Pork? I recently stumbled across this article that explains the effect of uncured pork on the human blood system https://zerocarbzen.com/pork/ What do you think about the reputation that they have more parasites than other meats? I found that cooked pork gives me energy, makes me gain weight (in a positive way) and speeds up my digestion. Pork has a bad rep, but is it really that bad? Who of u is eating it raw? The spartans had in in their staple blood soup, the okinawans eat it a lot, so is pork really that unhealthy if its raised on pasture or at least organic? Furthermore, pork liver seems to have the highest heme iron content of any food that is out there, more than double the amount of veal liver. https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/healthlinkbc-files/iron-foods http://www.dailyiron.net/veal-liver/ It seems that I can digest pork very easily on my low HCI, beef and lamb I have issues with, which are supposed to be healthier

Offline Raulik

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Pork - Good or Bad?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 09:03:18 am »
wild pork is red

inside farms and cities its white

like grainfed beef fat.. like supermarket yolk.. like supemarket chicken breast.. like fucking white bread

only wild meat is nutrient dense

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 04:14:58 pm »
I sometimes eat raw wild boar. It's excellent. I will eat raw  pork occasionally if nothing else is available, but avoid raw chicken like the plague.Pigs are usually fed on crap like soy so are to be avoided if you can find something better(ie grassfed or wild).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Mr_Sirloin

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 05:41:52 pm »
I was never so enthusiastic about pork taste wise. Bacon is great, but good luck finding nitrate free in the UK supermarket.
 Most pork is commercially raised pork, and commercially raised pork are walking vessel of trash. Whilst working at a bakery we would wrap all the left over pies and pastries into a garbage bag to be taken to  pig farms. Having seen that there's no way I'll ever be eating their organs or fat where all that disgusting garbage sticks to.

Offline Leonidas

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 04:52:09 pm »
The article says that only uncured COOCKED pork is bad. Raw should be fine. If you eat healthy porks you dont have to worry about parasites. In Germany, Mett is really popular, which is raw pork with salt and spices.  I’ve never heard of negative things about Mett( besides the typical argumentation, that meat should be avoided and so on). I eat pork very often raw and never felt something wrong with it.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 01:02:46 am »
my guess is that it's salted enough to kill parasites. 

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 02:30:52 am »
Have eaten a lot of Raw Pork over several years with enjoyment.    No problems with Raw Pork and Raw Chicken which are grrrreat!    Eating Raw Fish and Rotten Fish at the moment, and trying these for a long period.   Rotten Fish needs keeping for some time to get strong and flavourful, and Frozen Fish takes very long to recover from the freezing before it can start to go high.   

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 07:09:52 am »
Lately I am eating more and more bacon and it seems to be very good for my digestion. However, if it is smoked I have issues, but not when it´s dry cured. I don´t eat pre-packed bacon with all the additives but always get from the pure block. I think that salt cured and later air dried homemade pastured bacon is a great thing. It´s super high in fat, tastes great and is still raw, unless u heat smoke it. However my concern is regarding the Omega 3-6 ratio. If you eat bacon daily you get more omega 6 than 3, but if you let´s say drink a lot of pastured raw milk or beef, which is high in Omega 3, would that counter balance the pork? Another thing that I would like to know is: Does the 3-6 ratio change depending on the feed of the animal? So pastured pork wouldn´t have that high Omega 6 but more 3?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 07:58:41 am »
Omega three for almost all animal/ocean products comes when animal or fish eats green food,, grass, plankton etc.   This time of year, no green grass for most places, hence limited omega three produced.  Pastured pork, mostly hype unless wild, or VERY incredibly well maintained.   Pigs are scavengers.  they will devour crops, but they have to be planted and irrigated and foraged correctly/not over grazed and routed up.   Pork should be the exception or treat not the day to day unless you have found an exceptional source. 

Offline madnomad

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 05:27:10 pm »
I think there is something instructive health-wise relating to the prohibition of pork consumption among the Jews and Muslims. Besides that though, any type of pork raw or cooked, even the smell makes me nauseous. I can't imagine eating it raw but I have a personal aversion to pig meat. My instincts also tell me to avoid it, but to each their own.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 06:30:59 pm »
I think there is something instructive health-wise relating to the prohibition of pork consumption among the Jews and Muslims. Besides that though, any type of pork raw or cooked, even the smell makes me nauseous. I can't imagine eating it raw but I have a personal aversion to pig meat. My instincts also tell me to avoid it, but to each their own.
All very absurd and quite wrong. The ridiculous religious bans against pork came about because they kept pigs in appallingly dirty, unhygienic conditions, generally worse than other domesticated species. In actual fact, pigs are very clean and certainly not dirty when left to themselves. Re Van's comment, the very fact that pigs are scavengers means that, as long as they have some limited scope(such as living in fields, not permanently locked into intensively-farmed sheds, they can get some of their nutrition from insects and worms as well as the usual rubbish fed to them by farmers.

Personally, I find raw wild boar to be 1 of the best types of raw wild game available.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline madnomad

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2018, 06:42:19 pm »
No offense Tyler but I don't agree with your assessment due to my own research. The religious prohibitions are not based on where or how pigs are kept, they apply to all pigs, regardless of how they are kept or not. The cleanest pigs running wild in the bush which could be hunted and the dirtiest urban pig are not differentiated in the religious texts. If the prohibition was solely for domesticated animals and how they were kept as you assert then it would state as much in the religious texts. Even the cleanest bush pig I would avoid personally, as is my right. Others may relish pig and I don't have a problem with that.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2018, 07:46:40 pm »
You are making the false assumption that humans are always being intelligent on every issue. The Jewish and Islamic rules are purely arbitrary and assume that all kinds of animals(dogs/pigs etc.) are somehow "unclean" without any scientific justification whatsoever. The dietary rules in Jewish and Islamic law are laughable, with no innate logic within them. Things like banning anything with cloven hoofs or whatever nonsense. Fortunately, it seems that kosher and halal are largely incompatible with a RVAF diet in terms of general guidelines, so that is a cheery thought.

Oh, and from wikipedia:-

". Although some of the laws of ritual purity roughly correspond to modern ideas of physical cleanliness, many of them have little to do with hygiene. For example, there is no evidence that the 'unclean' animals are intrinsically bad to eat or to be avoided in a Mediterranean climate, as is sometimes asserted."[19]"

Basically, religious sects of all kinds have made up absurd laws to control everything a person does re eating, drinking, sexual activity or whatever. That does not make them logical, it just means they want to be separate from the rest of the herd, by making up all sorts of nonsense.
" Ron Paul.

Offline madnomad

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2018, 08:52:09 pm »
Much of what constitutes the modern-day religious teachings and rituals of Islam and Judaism (and other religions for that matter) is far from ideal and intelligent, I agree with that. However I respect many aspects of human endeavour and experience and give things a fair go before I write them off altogether. I do find that certain aspects of these "teachings" and "wisdom" from ancient sources, including select parts of religious and historical texts, poetry and the like have found a parallel to my own personal experience and observations, this being one of those cases.

I think the wisdom of the ancients has it's place in the modern world, but then I'm a bit of an oddball and eccentric. I find Scientism to be just another cult, one which doesn't answer the questions I need answered for the most part (there are exceptions) and I find more conjecture in scientific literature than elsewhere to be perfectly honest. I also feel that it can be just as controlling as any other cult. Probably even more so actually because it tends to stifle intelligent criticism and debate which is not "scientific" or cannot be reduced to mathematical or scientific terminology and methodology. So for me, sifting through the ancient texts, religious or not, have their place and utility.

I would much rather eat dog than pig, if it came down to it. I recommend norawnofun do his own research and experimentation regarding pig consumption.

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 06:18:20 am »
I think that a lot of people nowadays dont know how to consume pork. Many get tired or lethargic because they dont know how to prepare it. I also used to get extremely tired after consuming cooked pork. I couldnt stand it for a long time and always thought very negative of it. But if you cure it in salt or an acidic brine as explained here https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/food-features/how-does-pork-prepared-in-various-ways-affect-the-blood/ and ur sure it comes from the right source then I think its a great fuel. Pork has the highest fat content of any animal followed by beef, lamb, turkey and chicken. It was a daily staple of the spartans, is consumed by the okinawans and chinese, but they know how to prepare it. Thats the main thing. Its not the pigs fault that it was fed with rubbish and kept in horrible conditions, even in ancient times. Even goats used to contract the so calles maltese fever because they were eating garbage from the streets. And goats have a good rep. Then there are different type of pig breeds, the mangalitza is apparently easier to digest. Lastly I would be careful about religious advice, as tyler pointed out, whenever something was outlawed by a certain religion, it does not necessarily mean that its bad for your health, manipulation has been practiced since ancient times.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk