Author Topic: Air pollution makes cooked foodists crave trans fats and other unhealthy foods  (Read 1301 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6628565/Living-smog-filled-cities-children-make-eat-unhealthily-adult.html

This makes perfect sense as there are 2 addictive heat-derived toxins created via cooking, namely HCAs(heterocyclic amines) and PAHs(polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons) which also form the main toxic components of air-pollution/car-exhaust-fumes). These heat-derived toxins cause addiction in the brain.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I still wonder if this is evidence of causation or just a correlation?

I would agree that air pollution is in part responsible for causing clouded judgement and could lead to making overall poorer decisions,

On the other hand it would seem that people who live in areas of the inner city with the most smog, may also be financially much worse off, while living in the kind of food deserts in which there are overall fewer healthy options available, and so people in the most polluted regions often have little choice but to subsist on what is available within the fast food culture.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk