Author Topic: Just tried a raw egg. Should I follow my instincts?  (Read 2103 times)

Offline RussianFrog77

• Forager
    • View Profile
Just tried a raw egg. Should I follow my instincts?
« on: March 26, 2020, 03:41:00 pm »
Hello all. This forum has been a great help, have a question about consuming eggs. I consume raw organs, raw muscle, raw dairy and feel amazing. Best digestion ever, clear skin, etc. Today I decided to try a raw egg. This was from a pastured chicken and the yolk was the same color as my grandparents chicken eggs (hens that roam all day in the yard and get barely any feed). I tried it out and found that I really don't care for them. My body rejected the white immediately, the yolk was okay, but kind of weird and I didn't really care for it. I don't think this is a mental thing, as I love the taste of raw liver and muscle, and don't think of eating a raw egg as taboo or gross. I'm just kind of surprised by this. Everyone seems to love them. I suppose the proper thing to do is to listen to my instincts and simply not consume them anymore unless I crave them or something.
Did you guys enjoy raw eggs when you first tried them? Or did you find that it was something that you eventually started enjoying?

Offline stanz

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Just tried a raw egg. Should I follow my instincts?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 06:17:48 am »
I have a couple of raw eggs a day...the whole thing.
I also had just the yoke - passing the white to my ol`lady for cooking.

But yes ~ follow your instincts, that's nudging just for the yoke!

Offline Susadele

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Just tried a raw egg. Should I follow my instincts?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 09:43:23 pm »
I wouldn't say raw eggs are for everyone since there are even people who don't seem to tolerate them. Though I don't know about the eggs quality, how often they tried etc.

In my experience taste / cravings change and I am convinced this usually relates to the current needs of the body.
So if I were you, I wouldn't toss the eggs for all time. Maybe you have vitamin a, selenium or whatever in abundance in your body already and as a result your body is not craving or even kind of rejecting the eggs (for now). So maybe just try a raw egg occassionally from time to time?

Furthermore I react differently towards different food sources. I had raw eggs from pastured chicken, orange yolks, kept by a simple man for self-sustainable living. There was sth about the taste.. I really didn't like it. Tried again another time. Still didn't like. Once I had the same taste in eggs from another source. I had similar experiences with other animal products. What I mean is, your experience could also be due to the egg source? Pastured, organic chicken oftentimes still means they get fed with soy for example, depending on how sensitive someone is, I can even imagine that's why some people don't react well to eggs. Probably it is not optimal for everybody, but maybe some people are not at all affected by it or the benefits of consuming such raw eggs still overweigh.

With some things I have to say it took my body some more time to crave them / learn that I benefit from them. For example I kind of started craving raw kidney maybe after the second time I ate it.

I would definitely experiment a little bit more :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk