Author Topic: Anyone here raise there own meat?  (Read 5535 times)

Offline Chester

• Forager
    • View Profile
Anyone here raise there own meat?
« on: August 05, 2009, 08:25:29 am »
  Hi everyone I'm new to eating raw and have a question. From reading around this forum it looks like people only buy the meat that they consume. I was wondering if anyone here raises there own meat? To me, raising my own meat would make more sense as long as its not to hard. It would cost less than buying meat,I could make sure the animals have a good life[you know up until I whack them in the head],and various other reasons. But if anyone here does raise the majority of there animals I would like to know what they do raise.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Anyone here raise there own meat?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 09:17:32 am »
We tried raising our own chickens as pets then ate them.
We also tried raising ducks as pets then ate them.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline SuperInfinity

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 12:03:22 pm »
We tried raising our own chickens as pets then ate them.
We also tried raising ducks as pets then ate them.

You don't see anything wrong or mean about that?

How would you like if your parents ate you when you reached maturity?

Offline zaida

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 02:02:28 pm »
its called the circle of life, at least the ducks and chickens had a good life instead of living in a tiny cage with hundreds of other ones and got fed crap.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 04:30:31 pm »
    There are so many deer and other animals around here now, true wild ones, and it's a city.  Their starting to make me hungry.  I will likely be raising chickens soon.

You have issues.  You're eating tuna by the tin, then against raising your own fowl.  You say we're not paleo, but many of us hunt.  Did your parents eat you when you reached maturity?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 06:28:25 pm »

Nope, I do not see anything wrong with that.  I taught the kids that it was wrong for them NOT to see the slaughter of animals.  I have shown my kids goats being slaughtered at the goat shop.

When we took care, raised and fed the chickens and the ducks I always taught my kids that this is FOOD.
And I taught them to watch and help in the slaughter of the chickens and ducks.
No watching the slaughter, no eating.

The ducks tasted very very good.  Whenever we ate a duck we knew the names of the ducks we were eating. They were fed organic fruit peelings plus the grass in our garden, the herbs and the insects in our garden.

One big male duck died while being kept in a cage.  I was angry at my wife and the maids for letting such a thing happen (I was out on a trip), such a loss (money).  I set the rest free so they will be healthy and yummy when slaughtered.

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2008/12/01/how-we-slaughter-an-organic-native-chicken-step-by-step-with-pictures/

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2008/12/25/ducks-slaughtered-with-the-kids-watching-with-pictures-and-video/
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:34:12 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 08:06:41 am »
Nope, I do not see anything wrong with that.  I taught the kids that it was wrong for them NOT to see the slaughter of animals.  ....
I agree. We need to willingly re-enter the circle of life, death and rebirth, instead of trying to fool ourselves into thinking we are immortal by separating ourselves from all reminders of birth, aging and death--such as by hiding the butchering of animals, hiding meats away behind closed doors and in packaging, putting childbirths in hidden rooms, tucking old folks away in old folks homes and preserving corpses with toxic chemicals.

Cute photos. You're younger son's toes are nicely splayed. That's a good sign of health, as you may know.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 08:11:46 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk