Author Topic: For those who do not tolerate raw dairy  (Read 7254 times)

Offline Raw in Florida

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
For those who do not tolerate raw dairy
« on: August 23, 2009, 06:03:27 am »
I have done a lot of research and some evidence points to various blood type yielding different digestion results. People with blood type O seem to do the worst on dairy. A's do a bit better and B's do quite well. O's however probably digest meat better than the other blood types. For those who cannot digest raw dairy, what is your blood type?

I have never really had any adverse effect to any raw food with one exception. Green vegetables juices will sometimes send me to the bathroom quickly. However, when I juice regularly this problem goes away. Meat, eggs and dairy never bother me. I have drunk raw milk, heavy cream, and eaten raw cheeses with no adverse effect. Trust me I was not sipping either. I have drank 1/2 gallon of raw milk a day at times and felt great.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: For those who do not tolerate raw dairy
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 09:19:06 pm »
The Adamo blood-type theory has so many flaws that we don't view it as credible. I mean, many rawpalaeos have found that they did better on raw meats than with grains, despite being type a or b or whatever.

I'm blood-type O, and consuming any raw dairy fouls up my glandular system over time. That doesn't prove anything, though, as I've had type As or type Bs also claiming dairy-intolerance as well.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw in Florida

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 10:10:48 pm »
I do think that throughout evolution certain tribes probably grew more accustomed to certain foods than others and may play a small role in the utilization in those such foods. I am not saying his diet is anything but an interesting theory. However, I know a few people who have done the blood type diet with great results. My uncle was very overweight on the SAD diet. When he switched to the blood type diet he lost a great deal of weight and looks 10 years younger. He tries to eat mostly raw and organic. Its hard to preach anything to someone who has gotten great results, is healthy, and happy with what they are doing.

Personally I'd hope the diet has no merit, because I prefer beef to white meats. According to that diet I am not supposed to eat red meats. However, I much prefer it, and never felt any problems when consuming it raw.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 02:19:30 am »
I do think that throughout evolution certain tribes probably grew more accustomed to certain foods than others and may play a small role in the utilization in those such foods. I am not saying his diet is anything but an interesting theory. However, I know a few people who have done the blood type diet with great results.
In my experience, most of the people who do well on the blood type diet do so because they are on the type O diet (which is a pretty decent diet, much better than SAD, and rather similar to a Paleo diet)--not so much with the other blood type diets, though there are some who did well even with those (but we never get to hear from those who did not do so well on those, including one I know who is still obese after years on the type A diet).

The fact that D'Adamo himself has moved on to another type of diet (and only continues to pay lip service to the blood type diet so as not to lose those of his customers who still prefer it to his new diet) speaks volumes about the diet's credibility. If the author of the book no longer recommends that all of his customers adhere to it, why should anyone else?

My uncle was very overweight on the SAD diet. When he switched to the blood type diet he lost a great deal of weight...
Was it the type O diet, by any chance?

D'Adamo and his father accidentally happened upon a near-Paleo diet (type O) through their blood-type diet experimentation. That seems to be the main source of the limited success with dietary therapy they've had so far.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:24:47 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Raw in Florida

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 03:24:50 am »
no my Uncle does very well following it and he is an A. not an O. I am an A as well, and eat raw dairy to no ill effect.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 08:07:33 am »
OK, thanks. You are one of the few successful type A dieters I've encountered. As I mentioned, I know someone who is obese and has other health issues after years on that diet. His wife is on the type O diet and doing much better than he. I'm curious, if you are a type A dieter, what brought you here, as that diet is neither raw nor Paleo?

As for my own experience with dairy, I used to believe that dairy did not effect me negatively until I went on an elimination diet and tried reintroducing first pasteurized and later raw dairy products, with negative results (such as projectile vomiting accompanied by diarrhea). Tests later indicated that I am intolerant and/or allergic to every component of dairy. Some raw dairy advocates say that such reactions are just a "detox" or some such thing and suggest sticking with raw dairy despite its negative effects. I have no interest in suffering through that and don't really see the point. Even if I could tolerate dairy I doubt I would eat it, as pasture-fed suet, marrow and organs like liver are superior foods, in my view, with more bioavailable nurients and less antigenic properties, and are cheaper, easier to obtain (with grainfed-suet and marrow available in my local supermarkets and grassfed suet in a local health food market) and quite tasty (although, I do currently find I need to cook liver to enjoy it and only enjoy it in small amounts). Plus, after being off dairy for a while, I found I no longer was very fond of the taste of milk or butter (the nausea and vomiting probably contributed to that :) ). So I have no need of, or interest in, dairy.

Eating dairy also does not make sense to me for other reasons, but I prefer not to get into debates about dairy, because of negative experiences dealing with dairy advocates in the past who were insulting and impervious to reason. Also, I now live in a dairy state, so I try not to get in the habit of debating dairy too much (in case I should slip up and start ranting about it with strangers or in public), to better get along with people in my area and better assure my economic survival (my employer receives funding from the local dairy industry). Tyler does an excellent job tackling the dairy issue anyway, so I defer to him on the topic and you can debate him if you wish.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 08:36:59 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline Raw in Florida

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 08:43:12 am »
I don't think you are reading carefully. I said my ucle follows the A-Diet and does well. I don't follow the blood type diet. I just stated I am type a and eat raw dairy to no ill effects.

My uncle lost about 60 lbs when doing the A-diet. He looks healthy and says he feels great.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 09:24:20 am »
I don't think you are reading carefully. I said my ucle follows the A-Diet and does well. I don't follow the blood type diet. I just stated I am type a and eat raw dairy to no ill effects.

My uncle lost about 60 lbs when doing the A-diet. He looks healthy and says he feels great.
Well it didn't take long for the critical language to begin. I apologize for my error, but one little slip up is hardly a crime. We are all human after all. You also said that type A's do a bit better on dairy, so I think my mistake was somewhat understandable.

I notice you didn't address the important topics like answer my question about what brought you here, my own and Tyler's horrible experience with dairy (raw as well as pasteurized) and the fact that D'Adamo himself has essentially moved on to the Genotype diet, and instead picked at the details of what I said. You seem determined to promote raw dairy regardless of the facts--such as that this is a PALEO forum and all dairy is prohibited on Paleo diets. Your ignoring of the nature of this forum seems a much bigger oversight than mine. I think there is room for people who consume some dairy here, as I am not an absolutist and some here do eat some dairy products like butter, and there are Primal and Weston Price subforums, but I question why someone who seems to make it a key focus would want to come here. It's especially curious when the question is not responded to. Once again I regret discussing dairy at all and refer you to Tyler for any further debate about its merits.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:18:05 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline Raw in Florida

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 11:11:15 am »
From my post... "I don't think you are reading carefully. I said my uncle follows the A-Diet and does well. I don't follow the blood type diet. I just stated I am type a and eat raw dairy to no ill effects."  You concluded I am using critical language or judging you?

Wow, what is this the douche bag board? You must have some serious issues man. All I said was you misread my post (Which you did). I was not being critical, and there was no offensive language.

But thanks for pointing out dairy speak is prohibited. I am new to the forum. I will read the forum guidelines and won't post anywhere but the primal diet sections if I post again. Sorry dairy hurts your tummy. Your ego seems easily bruised as well.  -\

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 11:25:30 am »
Hah, hah, "douche bag"? At least you used one of the more humorous insults. How fortunate for us that you are correcting our insult deficit here. Let me guess, you have a main forum somewhere else and you've decided to grace us ignorant fools with your wisdom about dairy. Oh, how truly blessed we are!  l)  Whatever would we have done without you?

Oh yes, and thanks for setting me straight on how projectile vomiting and diarrhea are really just cute widdle tummy tum tum issues. How silly of me to think otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 11:46:28 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 12:38:48 pm »
From D'Adamo's Eat Right for Your Type site:

FRANCAIS: LAIT/VACHE/ENTIER
General Description:
Whole milk is the milk just as it came from the cow and contains about 3 1/2 percent milk fat.
Secretor
TYPE A:
Secretor:
AVOID: Flocculates serum or precipitates serum proteins. Inhibits proper gastric function or blocks assimilation.
Non Secretor:
AVOID: Flocculates serum or precipitates serum proteins. Inhibits proper gastric function or blocks assimilation.

Which type A diet are you talking about?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 02:22:34 pm »
I have done a lot of research and some evidence points to various blood type yielding different digestion results. People with blood type O seem to do the worst on dairy. A's do a bit better and B's do quite well. O's however probably digest meat better than the other blood types. For those who cannot digest raw dairy, what is your blood type?

I have never really had any adverse effect to any raw food with one exception. Green vegetables juices will sometimes send me to the bathroom quickly. However, when I juice regularly this problem goes away. Meat, eggs and dairy never bother me. I have drunk raw milk, heavy cream, and eaten raw cheeses with no adverse effect. Trust me I was not sipping either. I have drank 1/2 gallon of raw milk a day at times and felt great.

I'm type B and I did my raw milk experiments and all of them failed.  Goat, Carabao, Cow.  all failed.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 05:46:20 pm »
Raw in Florida:- I should mention that raw dairy-consumption is a bit of a touchy subject to mention on the general discussions forum as so many people here like paleophil or myself have had former very serious health-problems from the stuff. That doesn't mean you can't discuss it. It's just that it's more appropriate to discuss it on the primal diet or weston-price diet forums(or even on the hot topics forum).
 For now, I'll move this topic to the primal diet forum.

Re D'Adamo:- Yes, he now recommends the "genotype diet" or some such, these days. There were some trenchant criticisms made re adamo diet that the blood-types originating during far-off periods in time which were irrelevant to the dates when foods like grains or dairy or beans were introduced into the human diet. I still believe that some people really have no issues with (raw) dairy at all, it's just that, judging from reports of many rawists, most people seem to do better without raw dairy.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk