Author Topic: Hello daoist paleo dieter here  (Read 4968 times)

Offline RawpaleoHealthdiet

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Hello daoist paleo dieter here
« on: August 29, 2009, 11:34:00 pm »
 Hey everyone I am Eric nicknamed sasuke, I am a raw paleo dieter and for about 2 years I had a hobby where I would read about health during my off times. One of the fourms I would read is yours.  Eveywhere I go I call myself a health consultant.I believe that one of the best diets is where you eat all raw organ meat and bone marrow with your only source of carbs coming from the meat/eggs. I am sure everyone here is an expert on that. And why that frees you from the 'mortal diffculties' that others experience.
Twitter.com/healthdiets

My blog
http://freedomforcreation.posterous.com/

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Hello daoist paleo dieter here
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 04:52:12 am »
Welcome, Eric.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 11:32:53 pm »
Hi Eric.  I have to check on daoism.
Is that you on the video?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 11:55:56 pm »
Greetings. So how do you think daoism fits in with raw paleo dieting?

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 06:56:15 pm »
Hi there and welcome.

I'll be interested to see what you make of raw paleo and daoism.

It seems pretty much the opposite of the 'Ch'ang Ming' dietary practises that are recommended in the family style I practise which are lots of wholegrains and bit of white meat and veg, not much red meat and all cooked.

Maybe the ancient daoists were just doing the best they can with what they had available at the time. On the other hand, I suspected that an abundance of 'carbohydrate energy' might be needed for generating 'chi' whatever that is. Time will tell, as I'm not fully adapted to eating high fat yet.

I'm assuming that you do daoist practises, not just religious daoism?

Josh

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 04:56:02 am »
I have a little experience with Daoism and diet.  There are several branches of Daoism.  The one we are talking about  is "the study of longevity", and the Daoists traditionally tended to go in for pretty paleo fare, particularly the ones that secluded themselves in the mountains.  They focused a lot on longevity herbs like Ganoderma mushrooms (Ling Zhi), wolfberries (Goji Berries), wild ginseng, etc.  Many of them were more interested in reducing or eliminating the need for eating versus actually eating, but that's not true of all of them.  Yes, it's possible to pretty much do without food, but I don't know how.  There are plenty of yogis in India/China that have mastered this, particularly India, but I would prefer not to bring the skeptics out of the woodwork, so let's save that for another thread, shall we?  :)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 04:13:33 pm »
Chances are they ate it all with rice porridge though right?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 08:27:12 am »
Chances are they ate it all with rice porridge though right?

That just depends.  When you are far enough up/out in the mountain areas of China, you can't grow grains, and carrying big sacks of rice/wheat that far up/out into the mountains is a big, big hassle.  It's easier to just hunt and gather your food, is my understanding. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk