Author Topic: Lex's Journal  (Read 824370 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Re: Lex's Journal
« Reply #1800 on: January 03, 2013, 05:05:12 pm »
IMHO it is just your body that uses the virus to detox a bit. ;)
Remember you have taken massive amounts of Iodine last months... and was also suprized you got no detox.. now you have it! ;)

I myself am waiting to get a cold.. because I want to test if the CT (icecold dips in the river) would help the healing. But none so far. Argh. I would use it as a nice opportunity to test stuff out. :)
The cold is said to activate a pathway in our bodies, it works like a rush of vitamin C. I am very curious if it works.

A Russian family friend told me his mom that grew up in Siberia always took a icebath when she got the flu. They had no doctors there, and that was their own cure. It worked. She was always healthy the next day. Amazing in my view.. and totally the opposite that we learn in western medicine!

Lex, maybe you could do this experiment for me? :)
I do not know though, if it works only if you are cold adapted.. and I do not know if you are living in a heated environment all winter long..
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:37:10 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: January 03, 2013, 11:06:52 pm »
IMHO it is just your body that uses the virus to detox a bit. ;)
Remember you have taken massive amounts of Iodine last months... and was also suprized you got no detox.. now you have it! ;)

I myself am waiting to get a cold.. because I want to test if the CT (icecold dips in the river) would help the healing. But none so far. Argh. I would use it as a nice opportunity to test stuff out. :)
The cold is said to activate a pathway in our bodies, it works like a rush of vitamin C. I am very curious if it works.

A Russian family friend told me his mom that grew up in Siberia always took a icebath when she got the flu. They had no doctors there, and than was their own cure. It worked. She was always healthy the next day. Amazing in my view.. and totally the opposite that we learn in western medicine!

I do not know though, if it works only if you are cold adapted.. and I do not know if you are living in a heated environment all winter long..

Lex lives in San Diego.  It very rarely gets below freezing there, even at night. He could probably still use ice in bathwater, though.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: January 04, 2013, 12:32:06 pm »

Chermioya Kid is right about where I live - well almost right.  I live in Los Angeles not San Diego but it is all about the same.  We think it's freezing when the temperature drops to 50F.  I had a friend in my teens who grew up in Switzerland.  We would take a trip to the snow in Kings Canyon National Park during Christmas break.  A friend had a cabin near a stream with a swimming hole we'd use during the summer.  She'd break the ice covering the swimming hole to go skinny-dipping mid winter.  I was never that brave.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: January 04, 2013, 01:17:54 pm »
Chermioya Kid is right about where I live - well almost right.  I live in Los Angeles not San Diego but it is all about the same.  We think it's freezing when the temperature drops to 50F.  I had a friend in my teens who grew up in Switzerland.  We would take a trip to the snow in Kings Canyon National Park during Christmas break.  A friend had a cabin near a stream with a swimming hole we'd use during the summer.  She'd break the ice covering the swimming hole to go skinny-dipping mid winter.  I was never that brave.

Yeah, I found it funny/bizarre to see Angelenos in heavy parkas in 45-degree weather, looking cold and miserable.

In Costa Rica it's the same way, I walk around in sandals and shorts, and the locals start wearing parkas when it gets below 55 F.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: January 04, 2013, 01:45:03 pm »
Cherimoya Kid,
Again your faith in your assumptions about someone whom you know very little about amazes me.    Experience taught me early on that I can't predict much about another person's life from the limited information they reveal about themselves in public, and that includes forums, blogs, and social websites.  I also learned the hard way, that as a supervisor and manager for 30 years in a fortune 500 company, I couldn't accurately predict much about a co-worker or employee's home life from their behaviour at work.

I wouldn't bet the farm on your assumptions about me.

Lex

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: January 04, 2013, 02:15:34 pm »
Cherimoya Kid,
Again your faith in your assumptions about someone whom you know very little about amazes me.    Experience taught me early on that I can't predict much about another person's life from the limited information they reveal about themselves in public, and that includes forums, blogs, and social websites.  I also learned the hard way, that as a supervisor and manager for 30 years in a fortune 500 company, I couldn't accurately predict much about a co-worker or employee's home life from their behaviour at work.

I wouldn't bet the farm on your assumptions about me.

Lex

Dude, you run your mouth about your wealth here on a regular basis.  It's a turnoff to those of us who live hand-to-mouth.  it's actually kind of disgusting.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: January 04, 2013, 02:54:45 pm »
Lex, you should really do some cold for your prostate. I mean.. I do not want to nag.. but as you talk about your issues with your prostate often this could be a nice and cheap way to help healing.  :)
Cold is amazingly healing for the man parts. Maybe you could sit on a ice gel pack or something when you work? I bet it would help!
It is like.. everybody knows heat is NOT good for the prostate at all.. and as the heat destroys, cold heals.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:22:46 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1807 on: January 04, 2013, 05:25:17 pm »
Dude, you run your mouth about your wealth here on a regular basis.  It's a turnoff to those of us who live hand-to-mouth.  it's actually kind of disgusting.
Err, CK, could you please calm down. This is Lex's personal thread, after all.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: January 04, 2013, 06:00:43 pm »

He sounds like he worked his arse off.

On another angle...was it worth it Lex?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: January 04, 2013, 06:11:09 pm »
He sounds like he worked his arse off.

On another angle...was it worth it Lex?

LOL Wodgina..
 I would say yes to the first statement and no to the second...  ;)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: January 04, 2013, 06:12:31 pm »
We'll see Inger he always has some wisdom which is not lost on me!

Fancy a cold dip?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:58:58 pm by TylerDurden »
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: January 04, 2013, 07:24:59 pm »
Err, CK, could you please calm down. This is Lex's personal thread, after all.

Absolutely.  :o
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: January 04, 2013, 07:58:33 pm »

Fancy a cold dip?

Anytime Wodgina! You want to join me?  :)
It is always more fun to CT with company! My icehole is big enough for two.  :) Although the river has gotten a bit flooded so to say because it has rained and as I dunked my head under the water today I was scared to float under the ice so I had to hold onto the stairs huh it was a bit complicated..
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:25:10 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #1813 on: January 04, 2013, 10:26:55 pm »
Wodgina needs it. Australia's currently in an appalling heat-wave.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1814 on: January 04, 2013, 10:29:57 pm »
Lex, you should really do some cold for your prostate. I mean.. I do not want to nag.. but as you talk about your issues with your prostate often this could be a nice and cheap way to help healing.  :)
Cold is amazingly healing for the man parts. Maybe you could sit on a ice gel pack or something when you work? I bet it would help!
It is like.. everybody knows heat is NOT good for the prostate at all.. and as the heat destroys, cold heals.

Very interesting.  I might just ask my 76 year old father in law to try this.

Anytime Wodgina! You want to join me?  :)
It is always more fun to CT with company! My icehole is big enough for two.  :) Although the river has gotten a bit flooded so to say because it has rained and as I dunked my head under the water today I was scared to float under the ice so I had to hold onto the stairs huh it was a bit complicated..

Send us pics you guys!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: January 05, 2013, 03:00:21 am »
Lex I'm not trying to be pushy either, you could warm up under a blanket or in the sun shine and still have direct benefit of an ice pack. Some surgeries are sadly traumatic to genitalia, and nurses use ice packs to reduce inflammation in recovery. BPH is chronic and non-traumatic, but still inflammatory. So, there is some practicality. I'm super curious to know if it helps. It bothers my sense of rightness in the world that somebody who seems to have such a good thing going for his health would have this problem. I'm glad you've tried the iodine. Some men pee 700ml in there 80's. Hopefully that will be you.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: January 06, 2013, 03:35:05 am »

CK - any wealth I have is due to CHOOSING to live hand-to-mouth for many years and then making good investment choices with what I was able to save.

No matter how little I made - often minimum wage - I found a way to save 10% - 15% which I invested.  I paid cash for everything I bought with the single exception of my house.  Didn't own a new car until I was 48.  I always drove cars that were at least 10 years old and then I drove them until the wheels fell off.  I don't think I owned a car that I didn't have at least 350K miles on it when it finally gave out.  I had one car that went over 750K.  Most of my cars had door panels and roof liners falling off by the time they needed a new engine and I had to find another one that I could afford to pay cash for.

When we bought our house in 1976 we went without furniture in most rooms for 12 years.  I bought used beds and dressers from thrift shops for us and the kids.  We had a 20 year old refrigerator and  a 50 year old apartment sized 4 burner gas stove.  We finally replaced both of these in 1996.  We had a 12" used RCA black and white TV with rabbit ears.  Finally got a used 15" color set in 1984.  We had a cheap plastic sofa that my wife had before we were married.  The kids used bean bag chairs from the thrift store to watch TV which was sitting on milk crates.  Milk crates, cinder blocks and pine boards made up most of the furniture we had. The house was built in the 1950's and it had a "breakfast booth" where we ate are meals.  No living room or dining room furiture until the late 1980's early 1990's after we paid off the house.  Every spare nickel we had went to pay off the house or into savings and investments.  We paid off the 30 year mortgage in 17 years.  Once the mortgage was paid, 2/3's of what had been our house payment went into pension plans and investments. At this time 30% to 35% of my gross salary was going to savings and investments.  We rewarded ourselves with the remaining 1/3 which we used to purchase new items for the house, remodel kitchens and bathrooms etc.  I did most all the work myself, plumbing, electrical, and construction as we couldn't afford to pay to have things done. Neighbors often helped and I helped them in return.

We ate rice, potatoes, beans, veggies, and sprouts for more than 25 years before adding any significant meat to our diet.  At the time I thought this was the right thing to do and it was also very cheap.  Our Grocery bill was $50 a week and often less.  We only ate out once a month when we took the kids to a fast food place as a treat.

While working I only had one car and rode a bicycle and/or took public transportation to work.  My wife needed our only car for the kids.

In 1985 I started my own Telecommunications contracting business which I ran for 8 years while still working full time for my employer.  I would go to work for my employer  at 6:30am and work until 3:00pm 5 days a week.  After work I would drive to my contracting job and work from about 4pm untill midnight.  I would get home at 1am, sleep untill 5:30am to 6am and then do the whole thing over.  I worked every weekend and holiday on my contracting work from 7am untill 11pm.  I did this for 8 years without a day off during that time.  After 8 years of this my wife said "either the job or me, choose".  I quit contracting and went back to just working my normal day job.  It was this contracting work that allowed me to pay off the house so quickly as well as purchase some additional investment property for cash.

Yes, when I retired at age 55 in 2006 I had a good bit of money saved up, and yes I'm proud of that fact.  Today I still pay cash for everything.  If I don't have the money I don't buy it.  I still live in the same house that I purchased in 1976.  I bought my wife a New Volvo S-80 in 2002 which she still drives today.  I purchased a used 2000 Ford Ranger truck  from an estate sale in 2007 and I still drive that same truck now.  As everyone on this forum knows, I now eat ground meat from Slankers as my food and this costs me $300/month.  We live on a fixed budget just as we did when I was working.  The difference now is that if we find something we want or something we want to do we can easily afford to do it.  What is interesting is that as we get older we find we want or need fewer things and so we still spend very little. 

No silver spoon in the mouth here.  We worked hard and sacrificed for everything we have.  Several others that I hired at work have followed my example.  One young man I hired at age 23.  He changed his priorities and after 7 years he paid of $15K of school debt, paid off a $13K new car he had purchased before I hired him, has saved and invested every nickel he could and now has over $150K towards retirement and recently purchased a house.  He works 12 to 16 hours a day at two jobs.

Anyone can do this if they are willing to forego things now to have much more later in life.

Lex

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:32:55 am by TylerDurden »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: January 06, 2013, 03:54:56 am »

Anyone can do this if they are willing to forego things now to have much more later in life.

Lex

There are stranger things in heaven and earth, Lex, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. :)

Have you ever been to eastern Kentucky?  West Virginia?  Rural Appalachia in general?  How about the more depressed rural parts of the rust belt?

There are people who work two jobs in those places....and they barely keep up with mortgage payments as it is.  that's assuming they can even find the first job, let alone the second.

The reason your house is paid off is because you bought it before Cali real estate shot up.  You pay probably 1/10 the property taxes that many of your neighbors do, and THAT'S why you own the same house since 1976....because of prop 13.

Also, the cost of living now is a lot higher than it was back in the 80s, and salaries have NOT kept up with inflation.

I know you don't understand that, because you started out back in the early 80s, but it's very true.  Feel free to research it, or I can provide cites. I respect that you worked hard and saved, but that's not even enough these days, particularly in more economically-depressed places.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: January 06, 2013, 12:03:02 pm »
Wow Lex what a story!
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1819 on: January 06, 2013, 12:14:28 pm »
Thanks for telling your financial story Lex.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: January 06, 2013, 05:23:51 pm »
Yes, thanks to Lex, that's impressive.  8)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:39:12 pm by TylerDurden »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: January 07, 2013, 03:15:47 am »
impressed and motivated, not for the rice and beans, but to try to live within my means, and do without to reap benefits later. thanks for sharing
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline stoneforest

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: January 08, 2013, 10:25:41 pm »
Hi lex, u stated that ur skin feels smoother and some dark spots have lightened. Would u say ur skin is also oilier? 
I dont know if u had this experience when u fasted but in the past, whenever i would start eating again following a fast my skin  always felt oilier, glowing, sort of like when I was much younger. I felt that the fast really was rejuvenating in a sense. But I also feel that my skin didnt stay that way because I didn't follow up with the right diet.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: January 09, 2013, 11:25:19 am »
There are stranger things in heaven and earth, Lex, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. :)

There are people who work two jobs in those places....and they barely keep up with mortgage payments as it is.  that's assuming they can even find the first job, let alone the second.

Have you ever been to eastern Kentucky?  West Virginia?  Rural Appalachia in general?  How about the more depressed rural parts of the rust belt?

I've been to Kentucky and West Virginia as well as Watts in Los Angeles and the Projects in New York.   I started my working life picking fruit, strawberries, cucumbers, and swamping melons with migrant farm workers.   Many of my friends and their families lived in 15 ft travel trailers, often with 5 or 6 children.  We all played in the dirt courtyard of the trailer park.  I lived in a dilapidated old house that was moved to a dirt lot when they built a freeway through our town.  It had been abandoned for 5 years when we purchased it, and it was the only house we could afford.  Nothing in it was straight.  The door frames were crooked and the doors wouldn't open or close. Every window (dozens of panes of glass) had been broken.  The light fixtures had been torn out.  There were large holes in the walls and all the plumbing leaked.  We flushed the toilet by pouring a bucket of water in bowl because the tank on the toilet had been broken and we didn't have the money to replace it.   It is not how you grow up, it is how you think and the choices you make throughout your life that determine how you end.

The reason your house is paid off is because you bought it before Cali real estate shot up.  You pay probably 1/10 the property taxes that many of your neighbors do, and THAT'S why you own the same house since 1976....because of prop 13.

Yes, today I'm able to take advantage of prop 13, but prop 13 made no difference when I purchased the property as I had to pay taxes on the current purchase price and this is true today.  I'm always amused when people think that it was easier to purchase a house years ago than it is now.  Just not true.  I paid $50K for my house in 1976.  At that time I earned 10K a year - about 800/month.  My interest rate was 9.25% and my payment and property taxes were $421 a month - over half my income.  Also notice that the purchase price of my house was 5 times my income.

Today my house will sell for $320K.  My neighbor across the street just sold hers for this amount and we have essentially the same tract house.  The same job that paid me $10K/year in 1976 is now paying $85K/year or $7k/month base salary (yes the exact same job exists and they are hiring).  The cost of the house today is only 3.75 times salary.  Interest rates are less than 4% rather than over 9%  Today's payment including current property taxes is $1,379/mo which is only 20% of today's equivalent monthly pay.  To be in the same financial position that I was when I purchased my house in 1976, where more than half my paycheck went to the house, you'd have to be making less than $15/hr. Purchasing the same house and paying today's property taxes while earning  $15 or more an hour today, and you are in better financial shape than I was in 1976.

Also, the cost of living now is a lot higher than it was back in the 80s, and salaries have NOT kept up with inflation.

I know you don't understand that, because you started out back in the early 80s, but it's very true.  Feel free to research it, or I can provide cites. I respect that you worked hard and saved, but that's not even enough these days, particularly in more economically-depressed places.

You don't need to provide citations as I'm living through this mess, but the truth is that what you believe is true today has also been true for every generation.  Every generation believes that the previous generation had it easier. What you call poor today is not even close to the kind of poor I grew up with.  I still have a darning egg and needles for repairing clothes when I was growing up.  Mom made most of our clothes and taught all us kids to sew and patch our own clothes.   I was still making my own shirts - even T-shirts and boxers - and darning the holes in my socks until I was in my late 20's because I wasn't willing to spend the money on commercially made clothes, which at the time were much more expensive than what I could make them for. That is not true today.

You believe that the cost of living today is much higher than it was when I was during most of my generation and that it is impossible to do what I did.  Not true.  It is how I think, the choices I made, and what I was willing to do without that gave me what I have today.   

Let me give you an example of a choice that I made that I doubt that you would make.  I can say this because over 15,000 people were offered the exact same thing I was and only 3 of us took up the offer.

The offer was made in 1980 to purchase $50,000 worth of a utility stock for 1/2 price or $25,000.  What a deal.  You will make an instant $25,000 profit if you accept this offer.  Sounds great until you find out the conditions. 

Condition 1- you must pay $12,500 or half of the purchase price up front.  It doesn't matter where you get the money.  You can borrow it, take it out of savings, whatever, you just have to pay $12,500 to get in.  Remember this is $12,500 in 1980 - not today's dollars.

Condition 2- you must have the remaining $12,500 deducted from your monthly paycheck. This will reduce your takehome pay by $1,040 per month for 1 full year.  The money you pay into this investment is not tax deductible so the full $1040 per month is lost to you for the full year.  You'll have to live on whatever is left in your paycheck.  Of course you can supplement with money from savings if you have it or take on a second job to cover the shortage for the year.  It is up to you.  In my case I was left with the equivalent of just under the 1980 minimum wage as my takehome during the year.  This just paid the mortgage, utilities, and food.  My wife took a job cleaning tables during the lunch rush at a hamburger stand to make ends meet.  She couldn't work full time because we couldn't afford a baby sitter for the kids so she had to be home when they weren't in school. 

Condition 3- you can't sell the stock or borrow against the value of the stock or get any of the money whatsoever from this deal for a minimum of 25 years.

Condition 4- this is just common stock but from a good Utility.  There is no guarantee that the stock will go up in value.  If it stays the same at least you make $25K but that is only 1K per year gain over the 25 year duration of this investment and you would make far more in a common bank CD.  The stock could easily go down to where you lose money, or it could go up and you'll make a good return.  The point is, you assume all risk and your hands are tied for 25 years.

Would you join me and my two other friends and take the offer? 

Again remember that all the sums above are in 1980 dollars.  If you want to judge this against the $85/K salary I said my job at that time pays today you must also increase everything else by 5 or 6 times.  In other words, today the initial payment would be between $60,000 and $72,000, and the monthly deduction from your check would be between $5,000 and $6,000 per month leaving you between $1,000 and $2,000 per month to live on.

If I were 29 years old today, would I take this deal if it were offered today and have to live off of $1,000 to $2000 per month ($6-$12/hr) in today's dollars for the next year, sacrificing cell phones, cable TV, grass-fed beef, riding a bicycle and not owning a car, and all the rest?  The answer for me is an unqualified yes - in a heartbeat. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:17:36 pm by lex_rooker »

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: January 09, 2013, 12:02:41 pm »
Hi lex, u stated that ur skin feels smoother and some dark spots have lightened. Would u say ur skin is also oilier? 
I dont know if u had this experience when u fasted but in the past, whenever i would start eating again following a fast my skin  always felt oilier, glowing, sort of like when I was much younger. I felt that the fast really was rejuvenating in a sense. But I also feel that my skin didnt stay that way because I didn't follow up with the right diet.

I hadn't thought about this until you asked the question.  No, my skin is not oilier, just some, but not all of what one might call age spots have gotten noticably lighter.  None of the spots have disappeared completly, and maybe only 25% of them have gotten lighter.  This makes me think that not all age spots are caused by the same mechanism.  Some might be a result of a deficiency of some sort but others have a different cause as they are not affected when the deficiency is corrected - assuming that the spots that have gotten lighter were caused by a deficiency of iodine or one of the supplements I'm taking for the iodine protocol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk