Author Topic: Ramblings of a madman...  (Read 89026 times)

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Ramblings of a madman...
« Reply #300 on: May 11, 2018, 10:07:37 am »
I guess 18+ months between posts is a bit excessive. :)

Living life. Eating at least one meal a day raw and truthfully more often than not the second meal is. Just having a hard time sticking to 100% raw. When overloaded with stress from work or life I find myself reaching to more readily available calories like dairy or carbs. Since I have so many allergens this starts a cycle of cravings it takes time to work out of.

I've been doing a lot of reading on the far flung corners of the internet the past few years and have found an interesting kinship with many of the folks out there who have moderate to severe corn allergies. The prevalence of it in (and on) so much we consume is frightening. For example most meat processed in the US is cleaned/wiped down with a corn based vinegar and the soaker pads in the wrapped packages are soaked with corn derived citric acid. Ghosting groups who deal with these issues on a daily basis has given me a lot of insight which helps refine my daily approaches.

For those looking for a input on diet I'm eating two meals, one at 12ish, one at 6ish. 1/3 pound (150 grams) of a moderately fatty grass fed/finished ground beef and up to 1/6 pound (75 grams) beef suet fat. A couple dashes of Redmond's Real Salt as well. Most waters have corn additives in the form of salts or are in corn based plastics. I drink a gallon of water a day from the Poland Spring opaque gallon jugs (like milk jugs). Trying to figure out a way to use a more morally responsible water source but so far none are working for me including my tap. Also drinking a couple cups of coffee a day which I can tell my body does not like but it addresses the constant sleep deficit I run.
Light to moderate exercise at this time. If this goes up I'll probably need to bump the meals to 1/2 pound servings.
Currently overweight at 215ish pounds due to the coffee and the infrequent cooked meals both of which are leading to water retention. Cut both out for a couple months and dropped down below 200 but went back to the coffee when work picked up. For reference fighting weight is 185ish.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk