Author Topic: More additions  (Read 5974 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
More additions
« on: September 23, 2009, 05:22:07 am »
I'm now seriously planning to do a hygiene/lifestyle thread for newbies. I'll recommend my own suggestions but I will add any other suggestions from others.

What I use:- organic tea-tree deodorant(kills bacteria).

2) Mouthwash(full of chemicals)

3) Dental floss sticks for removing bits of meat from my teeth.

4) Soap(normally use the cheaper soaps, don't bother with organic or whatever as I generally dont' mind as long as it doesn't get into my digestive system, just on my skin).

5) I use speacilised herbal toothpaste(antibacterial).

6) I also sometimes use a deodorant product  called "Trust" antibacterial deodorant, which is herbal-based and lasts for several days after use.

7) I don't bother with shampoo except perhaps once every few years on a whim. My hair can get greasy very easily after eating any cooked animal fat, but since I so rarely eat such fare these days, and my hair tends to self-clean itself quite quickly so  it's not an issue.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: More additions
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 05:25:32 am »
I may also consider introducing semi-legal/semi-illegal food items on the recipes page(re 1 making mead, for example) or making genuinely raw real ale. One of the issues some of us face is that we often have very high-quality foods available most of the time but have to cheat occasionally  with very crappy unhealthy cooked foods due to social constraints. By showing instructions re making good-quality semi-RPD-legal foods/drinks , we can to some extent avoid this. For example, I'd much rather have a bottle of mead on hand or real ale, instead of asking for the least worst alcohol available at some occasion.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 08:06:10 am »
I pretty much never use soap, deodorant, or shampoo.  Neither my hair nor skin ever get greasy, and I have never really had body odor.  I use a Tom's of Maine toothpaste with tea tree oil, and some tea tree oil dental floss.  I used to get greasy hair and skin badly on a SAD diet, but that disappeared when I went raw.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 04:12:02 am »
    Fermented coconut cream is great to bathe with and raw eggs clean the hair well.  Homemade beer should work for the hair too.  I never liked to drink beer, so I used to rinse my hair with it instead.  When I don't clean my face, I get more compliments.  This of course is coupled with not ingesting plant fats (although when my only plant fat was EVOO or avo from my own tree my skin fared well).  I've never used antiperspirant.  I stopped conditioning my hair before I started RAF, but occasionally I use a little fermented coconut cream, and it softens it.   
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 08:43:27 am »
My approach when it comes to using personal hygeine products is to try to find ones that come as close to something I would eat as possible without being too expensive and still work effectively, since scientists have found that we do absorb some of the stuff we put on our skin and it's also better for the environment.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 12:46:21 pm »
    When I was on whole vegan foods, my skin's dry and oiliness was very uneven and I had to use a lot of (natural) lotion to make it normal each day and usually several times per day.  If I stick to my present diet, so far haven't needed any kind of lotion, cream or gloss.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk