Author Topic: Temperature Tolerance  (Read 3789 times)

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Temperature Tolerance
« on: June 20, 2008, 09:41:27 am »
One thing I have noticed since I went to a high fat all meat diet is that I tolerate heat and cold much better. In the past when the temperature got below 70 or so I was turning on the heat and if it went above 85 I headed for the air conditioner.

Today it got up to 89 in the house and over 95 outside and I didn't even notice it.  Same seems to apply to cooler temps. My wife is grabbing blankets at night and I'm quite comfortable without them.

The temperature range I'm comfortable in has almost doubled. Anyone else experience this?

Lex
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:00:30 am by TylerDurden »

CitrusHigh

Re: Temperature Tolerance
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 09:59:44 pm »
Yeah Lex I couldn't put a number on it but I'd say it has improved my comfortable range as well.

I used to be cold all of the time, my metabolism keeps me very skinny and I have hardly any body fat. I went pd 3 years ago and I noticed a definite improvement in temperature tolerance, though I've always liked it extremely warm since I run cold, now I rock a tshirt or a very light jacket all winter long, this winter was very very cold  here in MN/WI but I found it rather pleasant!

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 10:31:10 pm »
I always was freezing during winter and never liked hot summers. This year (after four years of eating 100% raw) I feel very comfortable even if the temperature is falling under the freezing point. Especially after eating fatty raw meat a wonderful warmth is flowing through my whole body. I'm curious if I also tolerate hot temperatures better than before. Summertime will show it, allthough summer in germany is seldom really hot. ;)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 12:04:48 am »
My temperature regulation is a lot better than it was pre-RPD diet. In pre-RPD days, I would sweat heavily in any temperatures above 10-15 degrees Celsius. Nowadays, I am much better at keeping warm on the ski-slopes, no doubt due to better blood-circulation than in pre-RPD days. That said, if I eat too much in the way of raw animal foods when it's very hot, I tend to sweat overly, so I reduce my daily raw-animal-food-intake during that stage and go in for raw honeycomb and raw fruit more.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 12:31:15 am »
The temperature range I'm comfortable in has almost doubled. Anyone else experience this?

All my family members even see and have difficulty accepting this.  I wear open sandals in deep snow, can wear a heavy coat out on a hot summer day, temperatures just don't affect me as long as I'm eating right.  This was not exactly the case before I started my RAF journey.  I do prefer cold though, and did for about 13 years prior to RAF.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk