Author Topic: Peace,  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Ayla

• Forager
    • View Profile
Peace,
« on: September 28, 2009, 04:29:04 am »
Hi everyone! Love to be here, love to have an opportunity to reflect, ask questions and make raw friends! :)

I'm not all new to this, but have never found concept so completely logic...simply love this way of eating and thriving even though I miss bakin' and cookin' from time to time. But the benefits over shadows it all. I really hope that all of us here at the forum; may keep up the good work and find time and strength to help our fellow man and planet for a healthy healing and living; long term.

My status is alsmost as good as I wished for, but I did have some trouble stayng raw paleo this summer. No understanding from friends and family but I'm sure that will change over time; seeing my health improvals and all.

As long as I stay 100% raw paleo, I feel totally great! I'v never felt so blessed in my whole life. I actually recall how I always felt drawn to play outside and pretend I was a caveman/woman and drove my siblings nuts picking leaves, building stone age 'houses' etc. All that was missing was the hunting part!  ;D

I have tried other diets with some great results - in the short run and unfortunately sticked to the diet and just couldn't understand why I kept loosing teeth....I'll tell you more about that some other time. All I can say is; the more FAT I eat, the better my teeth and gums are doing and the more raw meat I eat; the better it is for my joints, skin, weight and mind  ;)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Peace,
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 09:35:34 am »
Welcome Ayla, and peace be with you too.

My dental health also suffered greatly from modern foods. If I cheat even a little bit by having some wine or a handful of french fries or fruit I get morning breath and film on my teeth, dry skin and chapped lips the next day.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Ayla

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 03:46:09 am »
Thank You, Paleo Phil  :)

Oh, it sounds as if you are as sensitive as I am. I had very small bite from a loaf of raw, sprouted sunbaked wheat the other day, and my inflammation in my jaw popped up, so I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and have them make a cut outside my jaw, in order to let the fluid out...right now it hurts a little bit. Typical; I thought it wouldn't hurt; raw and everything... :(

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 07:10:32 am »
Yeah, I used to get painful cystic acne from carbs and modern foods. Wheat was the worst. It's gone now and I only get a zit or two popping up if I eat some carbs again.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 08:33:20 am »
I'm glad that's working for you, Ayla.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk