Author Topic: He's Stupid.He's Eating RawMeat,ButMeat isMore Digestible Seared.I Won'tTell Him  (Read 5741 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
What would you do if, say.. you've only been eating raw meat a few years, and you find out that behind your back your long time spouse has been saying to people that meat is more easily digested if slightly cooked, but he'll let you have your way with what you eat.  What would you do if eating raw meat helped you recover your health and your life?  I'm just wondering if you react in any particular way, if your spouse never told you they believe you are only lucky you didn't get indigestion from raw meat, but told everyone else while you're at work or shopping or jogging recently.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
What would you do if, say.. you've only been eating raw meat a few years, and you find out that behind your back your long time spouse has been saying to people that meat is more easily digested if slightly cooked, but he'll let you have your way with what you eat.  What would you do if eating raw meat helped you recover your health and your life?  I'm just wondering if you react in any particular way, if your spouse never told you they believe you are only lucky you didn't get indigestion from raw meat, but told everyone else while you're at work or shopping or jogging recently.

This I would expect from my own wives and relatives.  Doesn't matter.  I let them be.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
If eating raw meat would have helped me recover from a serious condition I would be pretty convinced of it's value and in that state I would also be able to convince others who deny it and do not have the experience.

In general, if a person has more experience and is convinced of it, than convincing people that do not have it can be a walk in the park because they do not hold their beliefs strongly.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Frankly, if he's watched how it's helped you this whole time and can't be both supportive and positive about it he's either too blinded by culture to admit it's been good for you or he's a moron.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

alphagruis

I'd be inclined to react with some indulgence. If he concedes that raw is better it'll make him anxious because he eats his meat seared. So most people prefer to deny the evidence, the only way for them to stay comfortable enough. Rational thinking is unfortunately very difficult when dietary habits are involved.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
my own wives
eh?

eating raw meat has done amazing things for me, but it's on the inside and isn't obvious to the world how far I've come with it, so I still don't imagine anyone being accepting.  I'm able to keep it to myself though since I live alone.  I'd be hurt not to have the support of a loved one.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
eh?

eating raw meat has done amazing things for me, but it's on the inside and isn't obvious to the world how far I've come with it, so I still don't imagine anyone being accepting.  I'm able to keep it to myself though since I live alone.  I'd be hurt not to have the support of a loved one.

I think he means he has more than one wife/girlfriend.

Living alone makes it easier, especially as a lot of people have husbands or parents who aren't so cool with it. Ioanna your lucky in a way because you already eat like this and the guy you end up will not feel threatened  like some people do when their sposes improve themselves etci

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Everyone at home knows it was 1 week of raw paleo diet, including raw meats: raw tuna and raw beef that cured my 5 year old boy of a terrible painful eczema that struck his hand:

http://www.eczemacure.info/blog/2009/06/28/healing-my-5-year-old-boy-of-bubbles-on-fingers-and-raw-skin-in-one-web-between-fingers/

My 84 year old grandma keeps telling me to stop eating raw meat when I visit her.  Even if she knows and everyone can see I look my best in glowing health these days and they saw me suffer from eczema at www.eczemacure.info . My grandma thinks I could drop dead any time because of eating raw meat.

I resolved last year to just show off my new look, my glowing health these days.  Relatives are used to seeing me look old, fat and sick. 
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
What would you do if, say.. you've only been eating raw meat a few years, and you find out that behind your back your long time spouse has been saying to people that meat is more easily digested if slightly cooked, but he'll let you have your way with what you eat.  What would you do if eating raw meat helped you recover your health and your life?  I'm just wondering if you react in any particular way, if your spouse never told you they believe you are only lucky you didn't get indigestion from raw meat, but told everyone else while you're at work or shopping or jogging recently.

I wouldn't worry about it. Perhaps he really believes that, and it may be true for him...or maybe he's saying that as a way to avoid a raw approach for himself even though he sees the health benefits.

If he's talking about it, it's on his mind for some reason. Maybe what you're seeing is his sub-conscious defense mechanism against change. Perhaps he needs support from you.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Think about it, nearly every European explorer who encountered first-contact or early-contact Native Americans wrote back about how much healthier the natives were than the Europeans back home. So did the Europeans say to themselves, "Wow, I guess we should emulate the Indians' more natural, primitive diet and lifestyle so we can get healthier"? No, they slaughtered and enslaved the natives and called them "savages." Cognitive dissonance and resistance to change are very powerful forces.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline nurture

• Forager
    • View Profile
Cognitive dissonance and resistance to change are very powerful forces.
exactly. From my experience and observations most people don't even realize when their ego and unconscious defense mechanisms kick in.  Its very hard for most people to objectively see something without comparing it to their own ideologies and practices.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
    He's a really great person in a lot of ways absolutely, but as an aside sometimes still he seems to think I'd be better off eating SAD starches fried in vegetable oil with table salt than eating proteins that I can digest and doesn't want to look at how my health went down from indigestible vegan food and got so better from eating animal food.  Stuck on the dogma that animal food causes cholesterol, so is unhealthy.  I have gotten my cholesterol tested recently.  It's still never been high.  It's not low anymore, and I'm happy about that.  He can get really disappointed when he makes it a point to get me to eat the greasy spoon food and instead I choose other food.  Yesterday he took me to a restaurant for breakfast.  He got toast, hash browns, sweet tea and homefries.  I got an egg (after I looked over the menu a thousand times trying to figure out what I might digest).  He was disappointed in my choosing and wanted me to get similar to what he got instead.  His food is just not food in my metabolism.  I stuck with my menu choice.  I did not get indigestion or lethargy. 

Maybe I shouldn't have eaten.  I wasn't that hungry.  I'm glad I did though; I didn't get protein again for nineteen hours.  It did work too; because he did not stop me from getting all meats for myself this afternoon (to share with our cats too).  Just yesterday he seemed to like to think me and two cats can live on a pound of chopped buffalo between me and them for two days.  I do that and the cats don't even like chop meat much and I wind up eating vegan so they'll have food available.  One of the cat eats a big meal at a time, and the other has a very fast metabolism and needs to eat often. 

I just have to point it out in front of someone like my son.  My son likes my health to be well, and is aware and faces that raw meat gets me well.  He's also aware that one cat cannot see when eating non-raw food, and the other's hips get all arthritic should they eat non-raw.  He realizes I am me and not some figment of an imagination that can eat someone else's diet. 

I don't want to yell and hurt my throat to point out who I am, especially when I am really a quiet person.                   
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk