Author Topic: quickly getting rid of flu  (Read 5696 times)

Offline uph0

• Forager
    • View Profile
quickly getting rid of flu
« on: November 06, 2009, 09:13:09 am »
I'm not really on raw diet due to being a minor. But, I got influenza A (probably sparked by  stress, lack of sleep and diet). My parents made me go to the doctor and I've been prescribed tamiflu, antifever medicine, and medicine to stop running nose. I've only been eating blueberries, drinking lots of water, and taking some diluted white wine vinegar (not sure about effectiveness). So is there any effective way to get rid of flu, raw paleo style? I have access to sashimi and raw eggs- no raw fats. Is cheese ok as a fat source? I got some swiss cheese, not sure whether its raw, but I only intend to eat small amounts. Or should I just take the medicine?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:56:02 am by uph0 »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: quickly getting rid of flu
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 10:09:49 am »
If I were you, I'd skip the medicine, skip that cheese (maybe a little if it's really raw and grass grazed), only eat some sashimi if it hasn't been frozen (in Japan it's rarely ever frozen), and eat plenty of raw eggs.  They do have fat.  If the vinegar is raw, you can do a little of it in the mornings.  Blueberries go good with raw eggs.  I have lots of friends who do that.  The idea isn't necessarily to get rid of the flu quickly, but to get well and whole and better immunities naturally.  The flu may be very effectively cleaning toxins out of you.  I hope you feel better soon!
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 02:47:29 pm »
I've been prescribed tamiflu, antifever medicine, and medicine to stop running nose.
These kinds of medicines are the worst things to take.
You should go through the illness in natural way - bacteria, viruses will help your body to get rid of toxins, dead and unhealthy tissues.
Fever, cough, runny nose, etc. are beneficial, because they are the best ways to cleans yourself.
You cannot blame vultures for the carcass they eat!
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 05:05:07 pm »
Yes, getting rid of the symptoms is a bad idea as they're a means of getting rid of toxins from the flu.

Also, try "high-meat" as it's full of bacteria and will enhance your mood. of course, even if you make the high-meat by leaving it outside the fridge, it'll still require more time to make than your period of flu. However, you can try it next time.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline uph0

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 11:11:01 am »
Thanks for the replies- very helpful. I threw the medicines away and ate ~ 60% raw 40% cooked food. Flu is 99% gone!  :D  I'll try high meat for prevention perhaps, and because it sounds sort of tasty.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 11:16:12 am by uph0 »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 05:14:52 pm »

By the way, I'm glad we have more members from Japan, uph0! Other than the Inuit, the Japanese are the 2nd-greatest inspiration for us as regards raw meat -diets by comparison to  any other ethnic population in the world.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline popeye

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 06:35:12 pm »
Yes, getting rid of the symptoms is a bad idea

I totally agree.  I'm now of the opinion that symptoms are produced by the body for a reason, and interfering with them is generally unwise.  If anything they should be helped along, and certainly not suppressed.  The flu virus doesn't give you a fever; the body does.  For a few years now I've avoided using painkillers or over the counter drugs for any ailment I've had.  People think I'm weird but whatever.  :)

Offline livingthelife

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 09:50:56 pm »
If you can sweat, do so - with great care. Try a sauna, a soak in the bath, or breathing techniques to raise your metabolism and break a sweat. Just be gentle and try to sleep afterward.

This is inducing the same effect as a mild fever, which as has been noted here, is a natural mechanism for maintaining health and thus desirable.

Helping the body do what it is attempting to do or should naturally be doing is homeopathy. Blocking the body's natural functions is allopathy. Allopathy is, IMO, best reserved for critical situations such as life-threatening fever or traumatic bleeding.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 10:04:31 pm by livingthelife »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk