Author Topic: Another disturbing story  (Read 4646 times)

Offline DeadRamones

• Bear Hunter
  • My boy eating!
    • View Profile
    • Acumen Athletics
Re: Another disturbing story
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 09:15:33 pm »
The bacteria causes about 30 people a year to get sick from eating raw gulf oysters and half of those die.

Only 30? FDA is choosing the easy fights?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 09:49:32 pm »
This is an absolute disaster! Im going to post this article on the rawpaleodiet yahoo group as it's absolutely essential that people know about this horror. I've been suspecting that the food-industry and the government food-authorities would sooner or later be trying to legislate as much as possible against raw foods. I admit I didn't mind when raw dairy was targetted, but now I realise we have a very, very serious problem on our hands. Fortunately, the US has more freedoms than the godawful EU, so I suggest everybody starts writing to their Congressman etc.

This is an unusual article in that it admits a well-known but little reported fact that the  people who die from food-poisoning from raw animal foods invariably have some serious prior health problem such as diabetes or heart-disease or wrecked digestive system or whatever.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline popeye

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 09:53:38 pm »
Maybe the Food and Disease Administration should leave the oysters alone and if any thing do something about 98% of the food you see at the local market.

alphagruis

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 03:39:55 am »
This is an absolute disaster! Im going to post this article on the rawpaleodiet yahoo group as it's absolutely essential that people know about this horror. I've been suspecting that the food-industry and the government food-authorities would sooner or later be trying to legislate as much as possible against raw foods. I admit I didn't mind when raw dairy was targetted, but now I realise we have a very, very serious problem on our hands. Fortunately, the US has more freedoms than the godawful EU, so I suggest everybody starts writing to their Congressman etc.

Well, I doubt that the EU will ever succeed in legislating against raw oysters. In France, for instance, people are very fond of the unique taste of raw oysters and will never accept it. As they didn't accept any legislation against raw cheeses.

In the US the germ phobia is unfortunately so strong  that the FDA might well succeed.

This is an unusual article in that it admits a well-known but little reported fact that the  people who die from food-poisoning from raw animal foods invariably have some serious prior health problem such as diabetes or heart-disease or wrecked digestive system or whatever.

Yes, even apparently healthy people who eat usually cooked food might get sick from raw animal food. I'm quite convinced that a valuable sign of (really) good health or a decisive health improvement is being capable to routinely eat raw animal foods without adverse reactions of any kind. 

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 04:35:28 am »
  After watching 'Food Inc.'  it's not hard to imagine how large corporations would push for everything to be cooked.  One,  that way they have a hand in a higher processed product, profit, and second that it would consolidate there practices, ie, spoilage, shipping, containers, marketing, advertising, etc., another 'stable' product on the shelf.    You really should check out the movie.  It really is sad.  At least that is how I felt watching it.  Sad especially for those who simply don't have enough information to make a choice, like the Latino family depicted with diabetes.  Good people, simply stuck in a rut.  And then there's all the myriad of low paid workers stuck in horrible jobs, treated like the animals that they process.     It's funny,  'we' use the phrase,  'acting like an animal'.   

William

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 06:49:23 am »

Fact? I had all three problems when I started eating raw ground beef.

alphagruis

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 01:17:06 am »
Fact? I had all three problems when I started eating raw ground beef.

William, no detox reactions by the time you started eating raw meat?

William

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 03:25:47 am »
William, no detox reactions by the time you started eating raw meat?

Can't remember; if there were any they must have been mild and anyway I was not mentally ,ahem, normal at the time. It was 1998.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk