Author Topic: what for lunch for raw toddler?  (Read 15911 times)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
what for lunch for raw toddler?
« on: November 26, 2009, 04:19:58 am »
 -[my raw toddler throws up today's lunch. i give him fresh celery juice with freshly grounded flex seeds (he loves this very much), than i give him the super combination of 1)half avocado, 2)one tsp raw soaked sunflower seeds,3)one tsp raw soaked sesame seed, 4)six California raw soaked almonds, 5)very small a pinch bee pollen... all together crush them in a stone and make a paste (this is the way i'm feeding him since he started solid food which is part of his vegan diet). he is so happy drinking the celery, but as soon as i give him that paste, he throws up every thing. he just doesn't like it.  than i give him only avocado paste, he eats that.

:(my questions are,1) what else i can give him for lunch?
                           2)the day i give him fish lunch and steak diner and yolks breakfast, is it too much protein he is taking for entire day?
                           3) he loves pomegranates, cheese, apple, water melon, grapes (i don't like to give these everyday b/c of high content  of suger and they are not local. can i give him only good amount of raw cheese only?

PLEASE, SUGGEST ME TO DRAW A DREAM RAW LUNCH FOR THIS LITTLE TODDLER. THANKS. : -\

important note: he drinks wheat grass juice, carrot juice and 3/4 egg yolks followed by 1 tbsp cod liver oil in the morning. for diner, he eats nice size of raw steak (.2 lb usually) (with pinch of seaweed, raw onion,honey sotimes) with plenty of raw butter or marrows. for lunch, twice a week i give him 2/3 raw clams with wild raw salmon and five days a week he follows the lunch above. he drinks i cup of raw goat milk acidophiles with a blended banana for snack.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: what for lunch for raw toddler?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 07:28:20 am »
That is definitely raw, but nothing near raw paleo. Why would kids need anything different than adults? I figure, as soon as children are weaned, they should be eating what adults eat, since at that point their nutritional needs are about the same.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 07:37:05 am »
... freshly grounded flex seeds (he loves this very much), than i give him the super combination of 1)half avocado, 2)one tsp raw soaked sunflower seeds,3)one tsp raw soaked sesame seed, 4)six California raw soaked almonds, 5)very small a pinch bee pollen... all together crush them in a stone and make a paste (this is the way i'm feeding him since he started solid food which is part of his vegan diet). he is so happy drinking the celery, but as soon as i give him that paste, he throws up every thing. he just doesn't like it.  than i give him only avocado paste, he eats that.

The seeds/nuts could be the big problem.  You could try eliminating them, or using them as a slight condiment rather than a major component.

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 08:30:35 am »
I agree about the nuts/seeds. Those are one of the most concentrated and hard to digest foods in the world, more difficult than cereal grains even. And if there's one thing about kids digestive systems that you want to watch out for, it's hard to digest/irritating stuff.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 09:19:25 am »
meat, fat and organs.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 09:29:22 am »
That is definitely raw, but nothing near raw paleo. Why would kids need anything different than adults? I figure, as soon as children are weaned, they should be eating what adults eat, since at that point their nutritional needs are about the same.
thanks for your valuable opinion and also to my all other friends "thanks" . usually i eat with him. i'll definitely eliminate them from his diet. but what i will replace in that place, organs? he does not like the animal protein that much. so i try that at night. i'm also afraid of too much protein intake. please, help me out little more. thanks.
bugs or country chickens

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 10:54:44 am »
meat, fat and organs.
I eat that too, along with eggs (all of it raw, with occasional cheating for social reasons). I don't tell people what to eat, just say what I eat and report the results in my journal, which have been good so far but are not always 100% good all the time, so reader beware.

I eat around 75-80% of calories as animal fat and 20-25% as meat/fish protein and I drink as much mineral water as I can handle. Water is supposed to be important for carnivores.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 03:21:32 pm »
he is so happy drinking the celery, but as soon as i give him that paste,

Maybe one food should be separate from the next for him.  He might appreciate nuts or paste, if it wasn't so close to celery juice.  In the primal diet, one must wait one whole hour from juice to other food, except coconut cream, unheated honey or a raw egg.  Nuts and seeds are hard to digest, no matter what the form.  To mix most foods makes it harder.  Have you heard of AV's nut formula?  It's not pasty.  It works better in the intestines.  Also Ann Wigmore seed or nut cheese works better for the muscles, skin and intestines than paste or whole soaked nuts.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 08:02:12 pm »
do you have raw animal fats? It would be good to eat fat with the organs or steaks to not get too much protein.

Try to keep foods separate example fruits and juice in the morning, meat for lunch and dinner.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 11:54:46 pm »
do you have raw animal fats? It would be good to eat fat with the organs or steaks to not get too much protein.

Try to keep foods separate example fruits and juice in the morning, meat for lunch and dinner.

excellent idea!!! wow!! i thought about that sometimes but couldn't get that courage.

to rawzi, i never new that before and i think that must be very good because you recommend. i definitely do the research about that more in the future.

THANK YOU TO ALL MY FRIENDS OF PROVIDING ME ALL THOSE VALUABLE INFO. PLEASE, HELP ME A LITTLE BIT MORE AND I'LL BE KEEP POSTING HIS NEW DIET SOON HERE. THANKS. :-*
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 12:06:07 am »
    What symptoms does your little son manifest when he gets too much and too little dietary protein?  Children generally have lots of growth hormone.  Because of this, there isn't as much dire need to eat protein. 

I do know when my son was that little though, that he loved to eat nuts.  He used to crack them open himself.  Actually, he did not like nuts unless he cracked them himself.  He also liked the seed cheese recipe (AW) that I (and others) made.  I made it to taste somewhat like tuna fish salad and also as salad dressing.

Little children usually use a lot of fuel (carbohydrates and fats).  Nuts not only have protein, but a kind of starch (carb).  AV has been prescribing the nut formula (or made with soaked peas rather than nuts) for some people that he sees require starch.  I don't have experience with it, as I don't require starch.  Most people don't.

he does not like the animal protein that much. so i try that at night. i'm also afraid of too much protein intake. please, help me out little more. thanks.

:(my questions are,1) what else i can give him for lunch?
                           2)the day i give him fish lunch and steak diner and yolks breakfast, is it too much protein he is taking for entire day?
                           3) he loves pomegranates, cheese, apple, water melon, grapes (i don't like to give these everyday b/c of high content  of suger and they are not local. can i give him only good amount of raw cheese only?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 12:13:04 am »
P.S.:    The salad was made from 5 - 7 inch chopped hulled buckwheat "sprout"s and sunflower sprouts (same as buckwheat) with (raw peeled deseeded diced finely) tomato, cucumber (same), zucchini and yellow squash (same) and a little ripped lettuce (everything organic).  When given regular salad, he wouldn't touch it.  I think regular was harder to digest.  He must have been low HCL similar to me.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 02:14:36 pm »
i want to update some info here:

1)1 TBSP WHEAT GRASS JUICE WITH 2tbsps romaine lettuce juice, followed by 2 tbsp fresh carrot juice; after that 4 raw egg yolks and 1 tbsp cod liver oil

2)about 3 hrs later 2oz fresh celey juice with flex seeds

3)today my toddler eats very small slices beef with marrows for lunch (blended with little onions)

4)about 5 hrs later i give him another small size of beef with plenty of raw butter and pinch of seaweed. (also blended). he takes 1tbsp of cod liver oil again.

5) i don't think he is that much hungry by than and about 3 hrs later i give him plain raw goat milk acidophiles (half cup)

HE DOESN'T CONSUME ANY FRUIT TODAY!!

please, help me to build for him a dream diet. i need your opinion. what should i keep and what should i eliminate, need to know. thanks. -\
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 04:09:16 pm »
i want to update some info here:

HE DOESN'T CONSUME ANY FRUIT TODAY!!

Special Thanksgiving Day gift!  How did the non-raw in-laws react?  I know some of my family didn't respect food with mine, even as new born the older (than me) ones tried feed cooked just putting things in the mouth while in my lap.  Maybe they liked stepping on me as a mother because I was somewhat young.  I imagine once you get past thirty relatives would respect with a small young child.  Maybe it's the culture too.  Maybe Bangladeshi-Americans are more respectful of what the mother is feeding the child?  Or is the case that it being Thanksgiving Day it helped someway that your toddler was not tempted by fruit?

Does your son drink water?  If so, what kind, how much and when?  What kinds of seaweed do you use?  Does he have a favorite?  Have you tried (raw) lamb or meats from other terrestrial animals?  What do you think of cod liver without the oil extracted?

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 04:17:32 am »
rawzi/ thank you for spare all your valuable time with us for writing.

to day is our Christmas day. we sacrifice animals by the name of god and celebrate all day. i can't do here, but i send some money to my family back home and they do the job and feed the poor. we also have a very blessed thanksgiving diner last night. my in-laws are french and they have all those yummy french dishes. i just lick on some foods to taste that's it. they are always nice to me and respect my feelings.

to day, i give my little boy 4 egg yolks, wheat grass (I believe and it's proven that wheatgrass eliminates the radiation that we are constantly getting from electronics and cell phones, i put his water the juice of wheatgrass to eliminate the chemicals from the water. the brix factor is very high of the wheat grass i grow at home (which is on exclusive on nutritious soil and very hard work, to keep a good health cost more work) and all those benefits i feel that by drinking this, where my other friends in this forum disagree with me( and their growing method is very different than me), but i feel the differences of using this) and romaine lettuce juice with cod liver oil. after four hours later i give him a whole cup of buttery raw goat milk acidophiles.  i give him a cup of water to drink after that. also in the morning he drinks couple of sips of water.  he's sleeping now. i just get the plain water from my osmosis system in the kitchen. i know that this is not a best source of water to drink. i just can't afford all these mineral water at this moment. also cod liver oil i buy from whole food which is not the best one i know.i'm not giving him any other meat than cows. the oyher day i went the union square whole food and i found the lamb from new zealand , but they said they are not grass fed, so, i didn't buy.

i just give him plain muscle meat at this moment, but this weekend i'll shop some organs from internet. i used to give him livers and he hates them.

I believe and it's proven that wheatgrass eliminates the radiation that we are constantly getting from electronics and cell phones, i put his bath water the juice of wheatgrass to eliminate the chemicals from the water. the brix factor is very high of the wheat grass i grow at home (which is on exclusive on nutritious soil and very hard work, to keep a good health cost more work) and all those benefits i feel that by drinking this, where my other friends in this forum disagree with me( and their growing method is very different than me by using those commercial mechine there's no way they will get benefit even drinking tons of it, personaly i'll never consider those machines to grow them), but i feel the differences of using this.
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 05:41:29 am »
http://www.themeterman.com.au/interview.php

Some of us on forum try to deal without money for one reason or another, so don't have brix meters or reverse osmosis systems.  Personally I find RAFs so strengthening that if I eat them, chlorine and other toxins don't molest me as much.  It's one of the reasons I turned to RAF now while I'm still fairly young.  My guy has a very strong constitution, many generations raised in the fresh air out in the country, young mothers, majority etc.  My family is city, minority etc.  We have children much later generally too, my parents were both much older than you at my birth and their parents at theirs.  He applies his needs to me (lots of TV, screwed water filters etc), and his compromises make me very sick.  It's a favor.  It brought me to RAF.  If his path was not a sharp cross one to mine, we would have never met nor become one.  With RAF I can survive even if the way he arranges everything contradicts me.  I used to read about brix meters all the time; I was a member of vegan forums for years.  I think brix meters were invented to measure the sugar in grape crops/vineyards.  Some of the members here who've made the best recoveries are now drinking tap water that has not been treated since coming through the city pipes. 

I used to carefully compost all my own soil from my raw kitchen in the rain forest.  I grew wheat grass from that.  I used nothing artificial.  Wheat grass is a good detergent.  At this point I avoid detergents, solvents and all of the sort if at all possible, artificially sourced or not.  I use raw grass grazed fat and raw grass grazed meat, as it works more naturally with the body.  I can not afford to fool around.  It's the step I'm up to.  If you are up to the step of carefully grown wheat grass, there is nothing to be ashamed about.  Use the grass until it serves you no more.  Know then that there are alternatives.  Wisdom is hard come by.  Suffering is the mother of finding answers that work (even if not popular).

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 05:49:31 am »
again another amazing writing. more i know you, more it makes me hungry to know more.
bugs or country chickens

Offline livingthelife

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 06:37:35 am »
Where are you living now, raw? In India or in the USA?

(I love your av, RawZi!)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 09:59:06 am »
http://www.themeterman.com.au/interview.php

Some of us on forum try to deal without money for one reason or another, so don't have brix meters or reverse osmosis systems. 

You can get a decent Brix meter off of eBay for about $35 or so.  I've gotten 2 for myself from eBay.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 12:05:22 pm »
You can get a decent Brix meter off of eBay for about $35 or so.  I've gotten 2 for myself from eBay.
i paid my $90.
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 12:06:02 pm »
Where are you living now, raw? In India or in the USA?

(I love your av, RawZi!)
USA
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2009, 11:05:58 pm »
the raw toddler didn't eat any fruits yesterday.

1)romaine lettuce juice and wheatgrass juice, 5 egg yolks with cod liver oil.

2)celery juice with flexseeds

3)wild salmon with skin and 3 clams blended with little raw butter

4)2 oz raw goat milk acidophiles as snack

5).1 lb of raw beef with plenty of raw butter, little onion and  pinch of seaweed (diner)

please, need more ideas what to keep and what to eliminate. everyone's opinion is valuable here. he loves to be around computers and other electronics and i'm continuing little bit of wheatgrass for radiation. green leaf is a good source of calcium and vit K. again he is a baby and do you think ZC will work for him! i'm still learning about raw paleo. please leave your opinion here! thanks.
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2009, 11:28:45 pm »
the raw toddler didn't eat any fruits yesterday.

... again he is a baby and do you think ZC will work for him! i'm still learning about raw paleo. please leave your opinion here! thanks.

I had always thought fruit was fine for a child for them to eat before noon each day.  Each situation is different from the next IMO.  I feel children can do fine on an all raw meat diet, maybe better, Idk.  How is your toddler otherwise these last few days as in comparison to last week?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 02:39:57 am »
My biggest negative concern would be the wheat grass juice and then the goat milk, but it looks like a better-than-avg diet overall. Every kid I've seen eat a meat/fat-based diet has thrived and raw meat/fat should be even better. Delfuego at the ZC forum reports his kids have done well for years on nothing but pemmican and water, and they look very healthy and happy (very smiley :) ). GoodSamaritan's son looks healthier after he started eating more raw meat/fat (also smiley :) ).
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2009, 02:14:01 pm »
paleophil, thanks a lot for this important opinion. definitely that makes more sense of raw meat and fat diet. only problem is to feed him raw meat. it seems like, i need one person to hold him while he watches youtube videos and i put that in his mouth. i wait at night for my husband to come to feed him. i realize that he doesn't dislike this meat (fatty lamb), but still doesn't want to eat by himself. i also keep him hungry entire day long and still he does that. but if he sees grapes or pomegranate or apples, he likes that to eat.

goat milk is the only source of probiotic i give him. if i stop giving him that, than i have to count on high meat (i'm not sure he's ready for that). or if you suggest something else. i missed that reading that to live on only pemmican diet. pemmican is completely raw meat? my child likes everything smooth blended. only fruits he likes to bite on.

when i was pregnant, i didn't eat any protein , even a single egg. so he was born very small and struggles with many deficiencies like vit D, zinc, iron...etc. he was born with a very rough skin in some bottom part of his both legs. but now everything has solved. also he was severely  allergic to any diary products up to his two yrs. now he's not anymore and he loves to bite on raw unsalted cheese.  :)
bugs or country chickens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk