Author Topic: Anthropomorphistic Intent...  (Read 14003 times)

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Anthropomorphistic Intent...
« on: December 03, 2009, 06:15:09 am »
Well, school's closed today, so I thought I'd begin my foray into journalistic anthropocentricity.

Nature proving to be the chief undertaker, I'm int'rested in the various schools of naturalism as far as I can be self-sufficient and altruistic without proving to be oppressive to my kinfolk.

My burgeoning dietary funk has brought me to this compassionate nexus of the paleorati, for which I'm thankful...;-)) Actually really thankful...(thank you for having me!)

It's actually one of the best communities I've been a party to, which is a strong testament to the original paleolithic mindset (orgiastic!).

---

Most of my youth was misspent, although instead of dying young, I decided to explore the possibility that most people are digging their own grave with their teeth and various less-than-benign pharma-peddling industrial complexes are profiting somehow. Misinformation abounds, even in the counter-counter communities...

I seem to have an (accultured from the womb?) affinity for the sweet and the sour, so as a long-term citrus junkie, my tooth enamel has been subjected to some demineralisation and as a family member who faithfully trimmed the fat off his meat and passed it on, I could imagine that the combination of sugary-acid payloads and lack of fats has severely diminished my dental sufficiency. Ignorance was bliss...now not so!

Nevertheless, in my stumbling, meandering manner, I happened upon the work of Weston A. Price, which proved to be a revelation of sorts - something that I did not value highly enough at the time, given the advocation of dairy, which I had long been avoiding. I was also not much of a cook, so I couldn't imagine boiling bones, plus I knew that most cod liver oil was already rancid and heat processed. In a twist of madness, I happened upon the raw plant-based community with its anecdotes of tooth healing and the power of greens etc. (hehe), which ushered in a retrospectively futile two year pursuit of the hallmarks of healing. I'd read about the raw paleolithic approach almost at the beginning, but concluded immediately that it was impracticable (what, meat, raw?!).

Although I've disposed of the temporal dimension in my realisation of the intensity of the here and now (which is all we have), I'm beginning this chronicle as a means to facilitate my recollection of experientially-realised states of health-reclamation - something that I've not necessarily fully realised thus far (and wouldn't necessarily expect to either!). Damned if I do, damned if I don't!

My staples are currently raw grass-fed rump/chuck steak, lamb chops, brisket fat, creamy marrow fat, lamb's/cow's liver and other select cuts when I feel the urge. I like to lacto-ferment my liver in sparkling water kefir, so it usually has a fizzy tingle (maybe my teeth are affected by that though). I consume F-CLO, raw butter oil and krill oil, along with sporadic GLA oils etc. I enjoy odd fruits including cucumber, avocado, coconuts and various berries (sometimes half a mango or papaya, if I feel like it).

I continue to attempt to transition to RZC as a means for healing my teeth, which are compromised to the extent that anything other than meat/fat feels like it's penetrating the dentine and irritating the nerve tissue. However, since maturing into RVAF, I've noticed a strengthening of feeling in the teeth, as if the roots are held in tighter or something.

I respect circadian rhythms and it's ~22:00 here, so I'm ascending to my darkened, electrically-silent room for the matter of deep, deep sleep (sleeping with no clothes seems to be even more effective for the deep delta brain wave state).

'til the next time...
When hungry eat, when tired sleep - this is the essence of Zen...

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anthropomorphistic Intent...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 03:31:05 am »
There've been few saccharides in my daily dose t'day and I've found two plates of meat+fat+marrow to be nicely satiating (roughly 400g fatty meat and 100g brisket fat), although I've eaten a couple of avocados, mainly because they were softening.

I took the afternoon off work and purposely had left my pre-prepared dishes at home, knowing that I would be home by ~13:00 (especially given that it's a 10k off-road bike round trip, where I try to minimise load). I ate the first plate at ~14:00 and the second plate at ~17:00. Otherwise, I simply sipped herbal teas and raw coconut juice (topped up with distilled, re-mineralised water) throughout the morning (no breakfast) and afternoon. I've also had a few teaspoons of coconut butter, palm oil and palm kernel oil, as well as some fresh bee pollen and lecithin.

I'm wondering to myself if anyone else ever drinks while eating, or waits maybe until an hour later. Typically, I avoid drinking around a meal.

My resting heart rate is currently 70-80bpm, which doesn't seem particularly elevated. My digestion is effortless, with the exception of the sensation up my right shoulder blade whenever I'm consuming fats (or anything that invokes biliary activity like liquorice tea or some kind of bitter). The weird sensation (along the liver/GB meridian line) started following my 10th biliary flush, whereby a considerable quantity of stones and sludge were passed, allowing more upstream debris to shuffle from its residence into a new, less-accommodating space (I've done subsequent flushes and the sensation is diminishing with each productive flush).

I'm consuming tinctures (ethanolic extractions) of gold coin grass (from TCM) and bupleurum in the mornings, followed by turmeric and bupleurum in the evenings (when the stomach is empty). My long term plan is to completely dredge all debris from the biliary system, facilitating optimal uptake of my prized/sacred/ancient raw nutrition, of which I should require less.

I'm also int'rested in colonising my gut with a more paleolithic biodiversity of organisms, which means minimal exposure to surgically sterilising agents (in my house, car etc.), although I do use eco-detergent to wash pots/pans. I can't really escape chlorinated water, so I embrace it where necessary (handwash basins, showers etc.). I've read something about these mineral deposits spewed out of rock faces, which sound interesting (a source of minerals, fulvic/humic acid, rich diversities of probiotics etc.), although I tried to order some via eBay from this tricky company in Belgium and it never arrived. I bought some shilajit capsules from this online Ayurveda shop, but I didn't really notice much effect.

I'm wondering if anyone uses these sun-dried clays, with complexed bio-available minerals (for mineralising, as well as detoxification)?

Typically, when I wake up, I piss my midstream into a glass and drink it (shivambu shastra), although I didn't this morning because I arose a little earlier (05:30) and wanted to rest longer back in bed without having to fetch a glass from downstairs (I don't bother to pre-organise one!). I'm interested in the notion of rightly-stimulated healing - in this case, the consumption of a so-called waste product (plasma ultrafiltrate), so I engage in the practice. Maybe there's some concentration of HGH in there from the night's repairs (particularly with a sufficient dive into delta-nowhere-land and various dreamscapes), I don't know...

Is anyone here a so-called lucid dreamer?

Currently, I'm paying £7/kg chuck and £12/kg rump, with free brisket fat and marrow bone(s). I spend roughly £5 on fuel to fetch the meat, so my weekly spend with various extra cuts and chicken eggs approaches £40.

I've just opened a new bottle of the "cinnamon tingle" F-CLO and the taste seems much nicer than the last bottle (I've noticed that stevia is on the list of ingredients). I'd recommend this flavour over the others, although, of course, it's a matter of taste. I've not tried the gels...

I'm also popping 5000IU of vitamin D3/cholecalciferol from UVB-irradiated lambs wool (lanolin) during the dull winter season.

'til the next time...

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 10:34:44 am »
I used to practice Shivambu as well, but I eat so much seafood that I'm afraid of the extra mercury that I'm excreting.

I would be careful with the Vitamin D-3.  Don't consume 5000 IU every day unless it noticeably improves your health to do it, and makes your health noticeably worse NOT to do it.  You might want to try 5000 IU every other day. 

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 12:04:22 pm »
MrBBQ, you're the first person who drinks urine and also eats raw meat that I've heard of. According to this source - http://www.satori-5.co.uk/word_articles/alt_health/healing_with_urine_therapy.html - urine is consumed to get the following nutrients and some other ingredients:

¥ Alanine
¥ Arginine
¥ Ascorbic acid
¥ Allantoin
¥ Amino acids
¥ Bicarbonate
¥ Biotin
¥ Calcium
¥ Creatinine
¥ Cystine
¥ Dopamine
¥ Epinephrine
¥ Folic acid
¥ Glucose
¥ Glutamic acid
¥ Glycine
¥ Inositol
¥ Iodine
¥ Iron
¥ Lysine
¥ Magnesium
¥ Manganese
¥ Methionine
¥ Nitrogen
¥ Ornithine
¥ Pantothenic acid
¥ Phenylalanine
¥ Phosphorus, organic
¥ Potassium
¥ Proteins, total
¥ Riboflavin
¥ Tryptophan
¥ Tyrosine
¥ Urea
¥ Vitamin B6
¥ Vitamin B12
¥ Zinc

Most of those nutrients are obtained from raw meats, so why would someone who eats raw meats and doesn't eat nutrient-binding foods like grains need to drink urine? Which nutrients or other ingredients do you believe you need to get from urine?

Re: D3, the recommended dosage of multiple physicians and scientists has been increasing dramatically in recent years. After reading Stephen Guyenet, Dr. Harris, Hyperlipid, Lex Rooker, Tyler Durden, Dr. Ron and other sources on D3, I decided to try 5000 IUs per day myself. That's no guarantee it's a good idea, but it's not unheard of.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 12:07:32 pm »

Re: D3, the recommended dosage of multiple physicians and scientists has been increasing dramatically in recent years. After reading Stephen Guyenet, Dr. Harris, Hyperlipid, Lex Rooker, Tyler Durden, Dr. Ron and other sources on D3, I decided to try 5000 IUs per day myself. That's no guarantee it's a good idea, but it's not unheard of.

I think it's fine to take that much, so long as it keeps your blood levels around 50.  I notice that, when I take too much, the benefits actually decrease.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 12:18:09 pm »
Most of those nutrients are obtained from raw meats, so why would someone who eats raw meats and doesn't eat nutrient-binding foods like grains need to drink urine? Which nutrients or other ingredients do you believe you need to get from urine?

Two things:

1. Vegetarians drink first morning urine; because they need hormones.  Meat eaters can never drink first morning urine; because it has two many hormones for that (even if all the meat they ate was raw and non-hormone injected).

2. A raw meat eater's urine can contain ammonia.  I'm not sure which or all, but if you poison a raw meat eater, taking ammonia in the form of their urine can help them counteract the poison.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 06:20:14 am »
I think it's fine to take that much, so long as it keeps your blood levels around 50.  I notice that, when I take too much, the benefits actually decrease.
50 ng/ml was at the low end of the range of recommendations that I found in my research. I'll post a summary at my journal.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 07:12:10 am »
You can escape chlorine by filling a big pail in the evening with faucet water.  Let it evaporate overnight.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 12:36:11 pm »
50 ng/ml was at the low end of the range of recommendations that I found in my research. I'll post a summary at my journal.

It was at the high end of my research.  I found a range of 45-50 to be considered ideal.  I know that the vitamin d council recommends 50-70, but I think that, given those two ranges, I'll stick with aiming for 50. Truthfull, though, I just try to take it whenever I find myself having symptoms of deficiency, which means I end up skipping a day or two here or there.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 02:07:56 pm »
You can escape chlorine by filling a big pail in the evening with faucet water.  Let it evaporate overnight.

If you live indoors, in this "robotic antiseptic" US society, you may have your doors and windows shut all day and night in the house or office with everything sealed so no little drafts.  In this case. I think the chlorine would go in the air we breathe.  I've always liked the windows open, but my family has always much preferred them closed.  I would have to leave the pail outside over night. 

I used to air out water for my fish tank and I do it for my cats too.  I used to give them filtered water, but my filter doesn't work.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

William

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 11:25:06 pm »
  I used to give them filtered water, but my filter doesn't work.

I've been using this one for years, it always works, and you can get an additional filter for it that removes compounds of fluorine.
http://www.jmccanneyscience.com/SecWebOrderPg.htm

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 11:30:46 pm »
Int'resting comments, thanks (really appreciate the time/consideration that people take/make).

It's strange because I'm sat here replying with a runny nose and a sinus-related headache, which is something that I've not experienced in years since being a raw vegan. Was anyone else immuno-suppressed/weakened while initially transitioning to RAF? I'm wondering how beneficial RAF is, given the initial effects I'm experiencing (heart racing/aching, slow bowel, weakened immunity, dark circles). Conversely, I'm considering that the "cold" symptoms are RAF-related/seasonal detoxification.

On the matter of Shivambu Shastra, I'd drink my own urine throughout the day if it wasn't so unacceptable/inconvenient at my workplace. I tried just a drop in water initially and gradually increased the amount (also tried homeopathic multiple dilutions in the beginning) until I was drinking a full glass. I noticed very pronounced detoxification effects in the first couple of weeks, with a sense of wellbeing thereafter. Urine is filtered blood (plasma ultrafiltrate), so it's mainly well-structured water+salts+urea including the de-fibrinolytic enzyme urokinase, plus possibly some HGH (human growth hormone) from the night's repairs or post-workout (and more, including those substances enumerated previously - so kind).

There is no logical "need" to consume my own blood product, but I simply intuit it whenever it's appropriate. Do you know about the theories of homeopathy/isopathy? Quite int'resting methinks (and a testament to the structure potential of water).

My other question would be - why not recycle these almost haphazardly-dumped urine-dissolved nutrients? Maybe the kidneys are not so discriminate in their electrolyte/fluid balancing, detoxing discretion. What says you?

Typically, all of my water for consumption is distilled/evaporated (like rainwater), carbon-filtered and then remineralised/restructured (with salts and piezoelectric quartz), so I don't consume chlorine in that way, although I use the showers at my workplace after biking there in a morning, so ultimately, I'm bathing in chlorinated water and effectively breathing the outgassed chlorine in the steam. Chlorine impacts the body ecology (which is significant, considering we're more foreign DNA than native DNA), so avoidance is best wherever practicable. Funnily enough, I love to swim but I can't find any natural lakes (or a nearby ocean/cost) where I could swim without "disinfecting" myself!

Previously as a raw vegan, I had no real body odour, even when consuming onions and garlic, so I could've gotten away with showering at home, where I might have a chlorine filter, although as a RAFer, I really have a very pronounced body odour (like sugary fried beefburger+onions!). This is another aspect I wonder about concerning RAF, because before as a raw vegan, I could wear my clothes without constantly having to wash the stink off them all of the time.

I recently went to my local general practitioner (doctor), which is state-funded in England and asked for that 25-dehydroxycholecalciferol test (given the compromise of my tooth enamel), but the result came back as simply "not deficient" instead of a mg/dl reading -very typical covert finding! I've seen the home test kits, but figured it would be appropriate to take 5000IU during the winter, given that my sun exposure is minimal (office worker with rigid work/break schedule, and less-than-understanding management culture - yes, I should leave but the labour market is tricky in my region for IT professionals and I'm currently renovating my house).

Also, I might put forth the incidental fact that I measure out 2ml of F-CLO each day with one of my meals (along with the centrifuge-span raw grass-fed butter oil), as well as maybe a couple of tablespoons of lacto-fermented land-animal liver (rich in the carotenoid vitamin A1/retinol, but not D3/cholecalciferol). I'm speculating that maybe the D3 hit brings some more balance to the land liver, hence affording me the opportunity to have it nicely complemented on a regular basis for facilitating tooth healing.

It's well-established that photosynthesis of vitamin D3 from cholesterol is diminished during the months around the winter solstice (where shadow is longer than top-to-toe), so I find it prudent to address that somehow in the absence of vitamin D-rich food (I don't eat fish eggs or fish at the moment).

I read that lard (rendered pork fat) is rich in vitamin D if the pigs have had great exposure during whichever seasons, so I'd like to ask if anyone secures a fair amount of pork fat for mincing or whatever as a vitamin D source?

Going back to the tooth healing (I've heard a few mention it around here), some of the WAPF-types (like on the comments posted in response to various www.nourishedmagazine.com.au articles) mention that after consuming a glut of raw milk and bone broths, along with F-CLO+butter oil, their dental fillings literally start popping out, whereby the tooth dentine is remineralising/glazing itself from within. Has anyone had this experience on any paleo protocol, or is it simply sensationalised story-embroidery? I also read this kind of thing (chipped teeth completely reforming) on raw vegan forums and I couldn't help thinking it was in the foodlement-promoting culture.

Although I insist on wholefood-complexed supplements (foodlements), I tried (in desperation) experimenting supplementation with pharmaceutically-produced vitamin K2 (menaquinone) and it transpired that the dose of each capsule was really high (I think the brand is banned from market now), which seemed to precipitate in cerebral hypoxia (oxygen starvation to the brain tissues) after only a few days of taking it (the dose was 5mg, instead of a more normal 1mg, so I should've taken one per week, or at least emptied and weight-divided the capsule contents). Retrospectively, it was an unusual mindset to engage in that practice, for which I've forgiven myself, but it left me with a slight motor disturbance (tremor) and cognitive insufficiency (brain fog), from which I've not completely recovered. As soon as I realised that my blood coagulation (where K2 is implicated) may have been affected, I administered wholefood B3/niacin (e.g. cayenne pepper), garlic, onion, shivambu shastra, natto, ginkgo etc. to try and get the blood moving. Funnily enough, I visited the emergency room (we call it A&E) and they tested my oxygen saturation, which was 95%, where that's the very bottom end of the scale (ideally should be 99%). The moral of the story is, don't ingest man-made/uncomplexed molecules (that's the 20/20 hindsight!).

---

My body really can't seem to take excess fat, whenever it's not burned in my energy cycle. Once again, I've experienced rapid heart rate and chest ache at an unwelcome time (sometimes, I wake up with it during the night as well). I've heard/read Lex mention that this subsides after months (the cardiovascular system somehow coming to terms with high fat consumption -> fatty blood) but I wonder about the organ/circulatory strain, mainly because it's totally unnatural to have a racing heart at rest.

I was hoping to fast on fluids and herbal teas today, given my seasonal detox symptoms, but frankly, I felt/intuited the need for some substantial nourishment...

So, today, I began my foray into raw pork after buying a pork fillet at my local farm shop (from free-range Tamworth pigs), which I've thinly carved into slices and seared for 15 seconds each side. Usually, if I'm going to try something, which may involve a little cheating (or at least I fancy cheating), I do it on the weekend, so it's psychologically outside the staples (habit-forming) category. I also complemented the dish with some lightly poached egg whites and raw yolks, although cooked egg whites are a re-tangled/coagulated protein, so they're a rarity (still appealing to my umami-love along with the soft yolks though!). Best to be relaxed about things, especially when you're trying something new like raw/semi-raw pork (hence the nod to the traditional cooked English breakfast, albeit without a grilled/chopped tomato etc.). I thoroughly enjoyed the seared pork, so I'll gradually transition that to raw. My favourite farm girl told me that the pork is always very fresh and the animals are extremely healthy with their woodland and open forage, so I'm happy to include that as a raw staple.

On the matter of cheating, I'll also sometimes have a nut milk (very few nuts like macadamia, pecan, hazel) with a cold-brewed (low-caffeine) organic coffee base mixed with raw cocoa+carob and a little cold-pressed local+biodynamic honey (strictly only containing monosaccharides). I'm completely anti-caffeine (typically drink only overnight herbal infusions like nettle, red clover, dandelion leaf etc.), although I occasionally enjoy this beverage as an exceptional non-paleo divergence back into the zeitgeist. Apparently, the theobromine in the cocoa re-balances the metabolic impact of caffeine (they're both xanthines), so with only cold-brewed coffee, the jitter never happens. Like I said, this is an exception, not a staple.

Returning to the weather, it's often rainy/drizzly, cold, windy and grey outside in England, so there's little incentive to even open the curtains, nevermind stepping out during the winter. I'm not afraid of these conditions because I cycle to work in all weather, but given the opportunity of retreating to a warm, sheltered "cave" with lots of nice food/beverages, and the serenity of my own space (I live alone), that is where I dwell. I'm not the type to walk around naked in my house, but my property has very large windows, whereby nosey people are always looking in, so I often keep the blinds/curtains closed. Also, many of my non-paleo but boho friends favour the indoors for self-abuse (smoking, drinking etc.), so that culture prevails (I don't drink, nor do I actively/passively smoke, considering that I only meet them in public places where smoking indoors is prohibited, thankfully!).

Does anyone here from the UK know a good source for healthier, traditional, unpasteurised beer? I have real/pale ale pubs in my locality, as well as international pubs, but I can never identify what's pasteurised/processed or otherwise...(sometimes I'll do the ethanol thing intermittently in social scenarios - like drinking wine on a date, for instance).

Maybe I should volunteer for some humanitarian work in a more equatorial clime, but I'm not a very forceful person when it comes to moving out of my comfort zone (I'm just a homebod!), so catalytic happenings are sometimes the only means for major personal shifts. Notwithstanding, I have a great capacity for introvert activity like exploring the various spiritual dimensions, psychedelic/ethnobotanical shamanism, nutritional experimentation/health activism and engaging my wider communities of friends (like www.rawpaleoforum.com). Terence McKenna once quoted someone saying "find the others", whereby the Internet provides a means by which we can find those with which we have a true kinship, who we would never otherwise encounter in our daily footwork/headwork (maybe just through literature in the past). If one is a subversive individual (true rebels always walk alone), not necessarily accepting the norms of one's cultural/social nomenclature (e.g. relying on dentists for tooth health!), forum technologies facilitate the nexus for perpetuating one's almost innately-natural course (and giving hindsight). I know that certainly, none of my friends or family are practicing these marginalised, yet effective/self-sufficient lifestyles. Thankfully, I like to dispose of political correctness at each and every opportunity!

What's everyone think about the archaic practice of self-mutilation, as demonstrated by tribal cultures on every continent? I personally have no markings, piercings or insertions (hehe!), plus I've retained my foreskin(!), but I just wondered how everyone reconciled it with early/late paleolithic lifestyle intent...I trust that nobody collects the scalps of their opposing tribesmen! ;-))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:45:05 pm by MrBBQ »

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 01:33:03 am »
I've just watched this multi-part raw vs cooked debate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nRwn7VRvb8 (part 1 of ...)

I'd been searching for Susun Weed content, mainly because I'd just caught an interview with her on Patrick Timpone's One Radio Network podcasts and found her to be quite charming, albeit somewhat over-animated (like a witch in a Disney film or something).

It would've been nice to see a counter-argument from a RAFer, who I'm sure would've looked less bedraggled than the raw vegan lady.

Incidentally, I wonder if anyone has any critique on the apparently healthy raw vegans David Wolfe, David Jubb (allegedly more breatharian) and the rather scornful Brian Clement...(amongst others) I find all of these to be very much less-than-placid and markedly over-animated, which some probably translate as healthful, but I reserve judgement.

Also, I didn't really think that Aajonus Vonderplanitz ever looked that youthful/well-preserved, by comparison, considering he's a RVAFer.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 01:55:21 am »
Her teeth do not look good.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 02:15:54 am »
I've been using this one for years, it always works, and you can get an additional filter for it that removes compounds of fluorine.
http://www.jmccanneyscience.com/SecWebOrderPg.htm

Thank you so much William!

I'm glad too, I've gotten my husband to realize fluoride does integral damage.  This may be the perfect time to get him agreeable about this filter.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 04:40:59 am »

Incidentally, I wonder if anyone has any critique on the apparently healthy raw vegans David Wolfe, David Jubb (allegedly more breatharian) and the rather scornful Brian Clement...

They are all liars.  None of them are vegans.  One of the Essene priests did an interview a few years back where he said (without naming names) that nearly all of the raw vegan gurus had contacted him because they were having terrible panic attacks.  He suggested raw goat dairy to all of them, and it got rid of their panic attacks.

Seriously, veganism is way broken.  At its best, it is a slow deterioration into serious, hard-to-reverse brain degeneration.  At its worst, it's a fast deterioration. 

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 05:32:02 am »
Hehe, liars seems pretty damning...;-))

I agree, it's the incarnation of idealism as its sadistic half-wit self - driving people down a very slippery slope into simply another eating disorder. Of course, if there's a void to be filled, people will fill it...

I just can't understand why vegetarianism is so self-perpetuating (or other pseudo-ethical/spiritual movements for that matter), given its undermining effect on human health. As goodsamaritan says, everyone eventually hits the wall - better sooner-realised rather than later...(of course, there's the "don't knock it 'til you've tried it principle"!)

Nevertheless, I did learn some valuable memes from the raw vegan community - namely, try not to use excess thermodynamics, especially around certain fatty acid chains!

Also, it makes one confounding of this generally over-emphasised ethic that creating pastures destroys forest (likewise monocrop fields!), which interrupts the hydrological cycle, thereby driving water away (no shade) and stifling biodiversity (not to mention the argument about excess methane gases!).

Efficacy rules (let that be recorded for all time)...Nobody has all the answers, except maybe the innate (very quiet) wisdom somewhere coded covertly in our epigenetics/memetics, which this community is potentially manifesting through its experiential knowledgebase (I know it's the reason that I gladly began eating raw meat).

It seems to me like the cooked meat vs raw meat efficacy is something bordering on the truest dichotomy at our culture's core.

Going back to the innate voice thing, it reminds me of how the Amazonian shamans simply intuited (apparently direction from the plants' consciousness(es) themselves/itself) which plants (and plant parts) to combine (from tens of thousands of plant species) to subtly pharmacologically produce an orally active form of complexed DMT/MAOI for their psychedelic rituals (some may speculate trial and error, or copying animals, which is very unlikely). It really testifies to the epigenetics/memetics that's coded somewhere deep within/without...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 06:30:06 am »
Hmm, very long posts but I'll do my best to address some of the points:-

Re detox./feeling unwell during transition from cooked to raw:- Most people seem to feel this when they transition, it's very common(after decades of eating very unhealthy processed foods, it's natural for poisons to be got rid of as soon as the body is largely switching over to raw. of course, a runny nose could be allergy- based(I had that big time with raw dairy on a RVAF diet). You might consider other options such as increasing/reducing carb-intake as well to see what happens.

Re urine therapy:- Definitely not RPD canon. I myself don't do well on london tapwater(which reputedly goes through 8 human bladders, on average, before reaching people).

Re body odour:- I noticed this myself, my body-odur on raw vegan was even less than on RPD. But the body odour I got from RPD(once I quit the raw dairy) was  much less than on cooked diets.

Re "Has anyone had this experience on any paleo protocol, or is it simply sensationalised story-embroidery?":- I hear these claims but I'm a hardened sceptic as it hasn't happened to me re my 1 filling. Still, miracles may be possible, I've experienced some unexplainable phenomena in my time.

Re "Does anyone here from the UK know a good source for healthier, traditional, unpasteurised beer? I have real/pale ale pubs in my locality, as well as international pubs, but I can never identify what's pasteurised/processed or otherwise...(sometimes I'll do the ethanol thing intermittently in social scenarios - like drinking wine on a date, for instance).":-  Pubs are a waste of time, and most pubs advertising real ale never seem to have genuine(ie unpasteurised) real ale in the, from my own experience - organic, pasteurised ale etc. isn't good enough. That said, I've had good experience re buying real ales with Waitrose, and even Sainsbury's, to a lesser extent. The key is to look for those bottles with a metal cap on them and metal wires(like you find on metal-coat-hangers) which circle the bottle an inch or two from the top(to keep the gas in, as pasteurised beer doesn't have such fermenting gases).

re climate:- I love the climate of the British Isles with its rain, fog etc. if we had snow in southern England as well, my joy would be complete.

re self-mutilation:- What's the point? It's one of those characteristics of all savage societies that has no place in the modern world, whether in the form of circumcision or body-piercing or anything else. The worst example must be that tribe which forces its women to put rings around their necks to unnaturally elongate them over time(these rings are removed if the woman is found to be adulterous, having unpleasant consequences).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 06:54:50 am »
Re mention of pork:- Avoid it as raw pork, judging from others' reports,  is almost universally fed in 100% grain-filled diets(I think some farmers claimed to me that there were stupid UK regulations banning pigs being fed healthy omnivorous diets). In the unlikelihood that you ever find a genuine pastured source of raw (organic or free-range) pork, please call me as I'd love the chance of getting hold of the real thing.

Re Aajonus:- i think he looks OK for his age. Mind you, he consumes a lot of raw dairy which doesn't help(Primal Dieters are frequently described as being overweight/bloated, which is unsurprising as raw dairy is one the few ways one can easily gain weight on an RPD diet. I've heard claims that Instinctos looked the healthiest of the larger RVAF communities - unsurprising as they follow our dietary guidelines(ie no raw dairy. no raw veggie-juice etc.), even if they consume fewer raw animal food(usually not always).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 08:08:49 am »
Hehe, am I not the master of my own journal?! (long live long posts!) Just kidding, I'll moderate my posts a little in future...

I'm not transitioning from cooked to raw - I'm transitioning from exclusively raw vegan who initially went through a period of heavy detoxification and then was never unbalanced/ill, which means never experiencing cold/flu-like symptoms. Currently, I have the symptoms of a "cold", which implies to me that there's some immuno-compromise since changing to RVAF - hence my question, did anyone experience immuno-compromisation when transitioning from a typical short-medium term raw vegan (2 years) to primarily raw animal food.

I asked about the pig forage already and was told that they were mainly in the woodland (birch trees) and pastures, although their diet was supplemented with arbitrary things like potato peelings and some minimal cereals. I could see the pigs in the fields and there're pictures around the farm shop of the pigs in the woods. My plan was certainly never to form a staple from pork, although I did enjoy it seared for my brunch, which I easily may repeat...

The British Isles is undoubtedly very green on account of its weather, which I appreciate to the extent that I'm regularly in nature (hence the MTBing to the office off-road), although my contrast was to that of my warm, well-established cave, which I'm oft loathe to leave! ;-)) I also love the warmer climes, but admittedly, it's refreshing to return to the rain, mist and blustery winds!

Haha, I loved pictures of those neck rings on women - fascinating cultural practices. Funnily enough however, those savages had a much more harmonious/intuitive relationship with their ecosystems - quite unlike Western civilisation's (if you can call it that) barely reconcilable self-injurious, capitalistic/materialistic presence (someone said "like a loaded gun pointed at the head of the Earth").

Must fly - witching hour has begun...

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 07:35:10 pm »
Hmmm, I reckon I'm going to kick the cooked starch habit/experiment for now - my mood is starting to be affected (old depressive mindsets are creeping in again from pre-raw) and in the last couple of days, my teeth have become very weak and sensitive, which I always accept as the indicator that I'm on the wrong path. Also, I don't know if it's my imagination, but my eyesight has deteriorated slightly, even though I've been eating grated frozen raw liver with every square meal.

There were some upsides - namely, a nice increase in adiposity, particularly in my face...increased body temperature (never cold all of the time)...

This experiment has definitely brought me to a new and interesting place, where I'm more conscious of my metabolic rate in terms of my body temperature.

Given that it's pretty much fruit/honey, meat/organs and fat for most around here, does anyone here eat bananas everyday for good energy, or banana smoothies with other fruit like berries? Does anyone sweeten their fat+meat with fruit?

What does anyone here think about fruit being a seasonal item, whereby on most land bases, it's not available all year round?

Another practice I've adopted is freezing heart and liver (and now some fresh thyroids), which I can then easily grate into my muscle meat and fat mix for more optimal sausage-style mix. Does anyone here make some kind of sausages or burgers with herbs and egg yolks (or other seasonings/binders)?

For all the meat/fat/organs that I've been eating since last August, I still don't think I've completely developed the taste for it without some kind of seasoning.

I'm experimenting now to completely cut out unrefined sun-dried sea salt, replacing with freshly ground bone meal.

Just for the record, I have been totally unsuccessful in healing any of my conditions thus far on a mainly raw diet, so I'm always seeking new avenues to discover what I'm doing wrong at the micro level. I have active cavities in virtually every tooth now, which beggars belief, given that people around me drinking soda pops and sugared-teas have nice pearly whites.

I'm wondering if there's a point of critical mass, which I've yet to reach following 2 years as a strict raw vegan.

Also, I've been off the forum for a while because I didn't quite feel like a worthwhile part of the community, given that I wasn't exactly strictly raw paleo.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 09:22:43 pm »
I sometimes eat raw fruit like bananas as a main meal as bananas really fill me up. I only do this when raw meats of a suitable standard are not available. I prefer raw berries but it's difficult for me to get hold of organic berries in my area.

I do eat more raw fruit in the summer but that's more to do with the fact that raw meats heat me up too much if I overindulge in them during the summer-months.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 12:56:27 am »
Please help...

I've recently secured some raw venison thyroids, which have been in my freezer for a couple of weeks.

Yesterday evening (for some reason), I decided to cut a slither off one of the thyroids, which worked out at roughly a teaspoon.

Subsequently, in the middle of the night while I was enjoying a rather surreal dreamscape, I was awoken by a very fast, but not exactly thumping heart beat. The high heart rate has continued since then (maybe 15 hours now) and I'm feeling extremely restless with some aching in my chest and shortness of breath. I'm presuming that the conservative teaspoon measure constituted something of an overdose - ouch!

Does anyone know how long this could take to pass (serum half life or whatever) and what I can do in the meantime to calm things down (anything that can transform hyperthyroid back to normal thyroid)?

Or have I ramped up my thyroid foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?! Arrrggghhh!  :'(

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 07:00:01 am »
I've never taken any glandulars, I might have had pancrease awhile back...

anyway, unless you've had previous hyperthyroid/graves symptoms, I would try to chill out and see if it passes.

if not, make sure you continue doing things to slow down your metabolism,

probably increase fat, and sat fat and if you are juicing or cooking foods still maybe include broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, mustard greens, spinach and turnips. or peaches and pears which are supposed to suppress thyroid hormone.

I don't know much about supplements or remedies, but L-Carnitine is supposedly very helpful, and I took that recently for something else and it seemed to do good in my body. Castor oil is another thing that tends to work well and is listed as being good for hyperthyroid.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 04:28:23 pm »
Hey KD,

Thanks for the tips, which I really appreciate. I more or less fasted yesterday, plus I boogied last night at a party.

Increasing saturated fat for me at the moment, without corresponding carbs, seems to increase my heart rate, so keeping the fat lower in the short term would've been the better idea methinks.

The hyperthyroid state seems to be passing now, except for the slight residual aching in my chest. I have certainly learned the power of raw glands and the prob'ly narrow therapeutic dosing that should be carefully administered.

It reminds me of the terrible experience I had with Carlson's synthetic K2 supplement (5mg per cap), which seemed to overcoagualate my blood, damaging my motor cortex (leaving me with the very slightest of tremors - I would probably not be the best marksman now).

Interesting about the castor bean oil. I use castor packs for disturbing sludge and stones in my biliary system (before a biliary flush), so I have plenty of the oil around. I will remember that, thanks. Castor bean oil is a pretty amazing substance...(and a potent laxative!)

Best,

Scotty

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk