Author Topic: Zero carb Euphoria  (Read 29725 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Zero carb Euphoria
« on: July 08, 2008, 06:25:08 pm »

Last week I  had euphoria, it started late one night and probably ended 24 hours later.

I had one  drink all  day before it started and it was warm and I was working in the sun. I'm even having trouble remembering it now.
I want to go that way too..no food, no water...

Andrew
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Zero carb Euphoria
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 06:52:07 pm »
Sorry, are you saying that the zero-carb meals gave you euphoria, or was it the fact that you were not eating that gave you the euphoria?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:54:29 pm »
Not sure because I'm eating zero carb, once a day.

Albert Camus

xylothrill

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 04:06:05 pm »
What do you mean by "euphoric"? A calm, clear mind? Where every sense is noticeable in detail? Where colors are more colorful and sounds aren't so loud? I have that too. You'll get used to it.

Craig

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 09:06:45 pm »
Last week I  had euphoria, it started late one night and probably ended 24 hours later.

I had one  drink all  day before it started and it was warm and I was working in the sun. I'm even having trouble remembering it now.
I want to go that way too..no food, no water...

Andrew

Do you pee much; one drink / no water? What about the cramps? Do you add extra salt to your beef?

Andrew, beef and fat is good - but don't forget a little organs / high meat for extra nutritions and taste!

Nicola

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 10:32:32 am »
What do you mean by "euphoric"? A calm, clear mind? Where every sense is noticeable in detail? Where colors are more colorful and sounds aren't so loud? I have that too. You'll get used to it.

Craig

I felt intoxicated but better because I could still drive etc.

spontaneous, social/connected to people, nothing bothered me for long, just buzzing all day cracking jokes didn't get stressed even though I had a test operating a crane.

Do you pee much; one drink / no water? What about the cramps? Do you add extra salt to your beef?

Andrew, beef and fat is good - but don't forget a little organs / high meat for extra nutritions and taste!

Nicola

Beef and fat are good and I'm still eating small amounts of liver. My beef certainly gets a bit high towards the end of the fortnight. Pee normal. Drink when thirsty. Don't add salt to beef but I've ordered azomite. I have been sipping sea water to stop cramps but haven't noticed anything yet.

Albert Camus

Satya

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 09:53:04 am »
Here's some evidence that hunger makes you happy!  ;D

http://tinyurl.com/5k2896

xylothrill

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 11:34:23 am »
That explains why I have more energy when I don't eat.

Satya

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 10:16:29 pm »
How's the zero carb going for you, Andrew?  I hope all is well with you.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 11:01:36 pm »
Hi Satya still going but social situations have stopped me being 100% but only in really small amounts. Half a beer etc... it's way too hard to be 100% in social settings. I also been trying pickles and pickle juice for cramps.
I've had some fantastic results with all carnivore with some skin problems clearing up which I thought I was stuck with for the rest of my life.. My dandruff and cracked heels are 90% better..I'm really happy. I've had these non stop for 15+ years! 

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 03:06:52 am »
Hi Satya still going but social situations have stopped me being 100% but only in really small amounts. Half a beer etc... it's way too hard to be 100% in social settings. I also been trying pickles and pickle juice for cramps.
I've had some fantastic results with all carnivore with some skin problems clearing up which I thought I was stuck with for the rest of my life.. My dandruff and cracked heels are 90% better..I'm really happy. I've had these non stop for 15+ years! 

I had cracked heels, which is supposed to be one of the many symptoms of adrenal burnout. You might consider getting hold of raw adrenals or a supplement thereof. Of course, cracked heels are undoubtedly a symptom for many other health-conditions, but I seem to recall that you mentioned recovering from anxiety(which is most definitely adrenal-related).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 05:10:01 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 08:59:25 am »
Hi Tyler

Anxiety is a problem I still get unfortunately, I started getting low anxiety about the same time I got severe dandruff about 14 years old. The dandruff (dermatitis)/cracked heels problem has been really stubborn which raw carb paleo only produced a  limited improvement. I also know that there is a link between these skin problems and anxiety and said to myself a long time ago that my anxiety would not heal until these problems healed also..candida has been implicated in adrenal problems.
Over the last month I cut out 99.9% of carbs/sugar I have had some pretty bad candida symptoms come to the surface. These included severe eczema, severe thrush, tinnitus, severe sugar cravings, dry peeling skin on my face, nervousness. Now the thing is I was pretty low carb according to most thinking on the subject but once I went all meat I realised the hold carbs had on me. Once I got through the really bad patch my candida symptoms have subsided and scalp and feet have become smooth and supple, and I'm pretty happy with that! and feel this way of eating may also start to help out with my anxiety.

Cheers Andrew

Albert Camus

Satya

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 08:50:04 am »

Yes, well I understand about social issues.  And really, I think social times are important and that every little bit of food should not make or break a situation.  Really, a beer or some cooked meat on occasion is not going to matter in the long term, is it?  With carbs, I may do them on a rare festive occasion, and I just exercise it off and resume on track following.  Why be too anal about anything?

So how is the fermented food helping with cramps?  As you may know, I ferment plants foods regularly, though it waxes and wanes like the moon.  Are there nutrients present in them that help with that?

How do carnivores get enough iodine if they eat only land animals?  I am not asking you in particular, Andrew, but I think you avoid fish.  I like a bit of seaweed a couple times a week, and I just thought of that.  Iodine is really important, but only needed in trace amounts.  I will take pictures of the seaweeds I eat soon for fun.  And since I miss the ocean and looking longingly at your surfing shot ...

coconinoz

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 12:29:30 pm »

i put bladderwrack & kelp (among other things such as a celtic salt brine, etc.) in my anaerobic meat fermentations
the seaweeds disappear in 24 hr, eaten by the bacteria i presume, but the iodine should still be there somewhere (in the meat, the juice, or the bacteria)

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 01:24:48 pm »
i put bladderwrack & kelp (among other things such as a celtic salt brine, etc.) in my anaerobic meat fermentations
the seaweeds disappear in 24 hr, eaten by the bacteria i presume, but the iodine should still be there somewhere (in the meat, the juice, or the bacteria)

I'd love for you to put up a recipe in the recipe section of one of your "anaerobic meat fermentations." Complete with bladderwrack and kelp if you will  :D

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 07:05:30 pm »
Yes, well I understand about social issues.  And really, I think social times are important and that every little bit of food should not make or break a situation.  Really, a beer or some cooked meat on occasion is not going to matter in the long term, is it?  With carbs, I may do them on a rare festive occasion, and I just exercise it off and resume on track following.  Why be too anal about anything?

So how is the fermented food helping with cramps?  As you may know, I ferment plants foods regularly, though it waxes and wanes like the moon.  Are there nutrients present in them that help with that?

How do carnivores get enough iodine if they eat only land animals?  I am not asking you in particular, Andrew, but I think you avoid fish.  I like a bit of seaweed a couple times a week, and I just thought of that.  Iodine is really important, but only needed in trace amounts.  I will take pictures of the seaweeds I eat soon for fun.  And since I miss the ocean and looking longingly at your surfing shot ...

I was way more relaxed on eating cooked food/carbs/beer socially previous to zero carb even though I would feel pretty average the next day but it is important to eat out with people and worth it too. Just get straight back into it when you can.

I've always hated pickles but I liked the ones I just bought that were really tasty! anyway I'd heard people mentioning that eating pickles was good for cramps so I did a bit of research and seems cramps can be brought on by a acetylcholine deficncey, it's not the minerals in the pickles but the acetic acid from the vinegar combining with choline (B vitamin). So I thought I'll bolt down some raw liver (contains heaps of choline) and wash it down with some pickle juice.  Haven't fully tested how good it works yet but I couldn't bring on any cramps in my jaw which I usually can.

Iodine could be like vitamin 'C' where if you eat all carnivore you don't much? I sip seawater occasionally and also eat oysters occasionally I wonder if that's enough.
I might also try some seaweed next time I find some, there's a green one which looks like lettuce which I think aborigines would eat so I will give that a go.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:10:09 pm by wodgina6722 »

Albert Camus

Satya

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 06:26:07 am »
I'd love for you to put up a recipe in the recipe section of one of your "anaerobic meat fermentations." Complete with bladderwrack and kelp if you will  :D

I second it.  I have not done high meat (aerobic fermentation), but I have years of experience anaerobically fermenting vegetables (sometimes even with anchovies in kimchi).  Please give us iinstructions on it, Andrew.  And maybe take pictures and place it in the recipe gallery.  Pretty please.

xylothrill

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 01:51:10 am »

Thirded.

Offline Felicie

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 07:14:33 am »
I did a bit of research and seems cramps can be brought on by a acetylcholine deficncey, it's not the minerals in the pickles but the acetic acid from the vinegar combining with choline (B vitamin).

I've always connected cramps with the lack of magnesium. When I got cramps (especially during pregnancy), I would start taking magnesium pills, and the cramps would be gone right away.

It's interesting that acetylcholine defficiency could also bring on cramps. I haven't heard about it. have you considered taking L-tyrosine as a supplement. I recently started taking it in order to help me quit smoking. It is said that people who are addicted to smoking are also defficient in acetylcholine. The tyrosine pills really helped. They both made it easier to go through the withdrawal as well as relieved the "foggy brain" syndrom.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 08:42:03 am »
Hi Felicie

I also have heard evidence that muscular people are more likely to suffer cramping problems.

But yes the acetylcholine deficiency could be the way to go in fixing cramps as I've taken magnesium before and doesn't do anything I haven't tried adding heaps of salt yet I used to eat heaps of salt in my SAD days and this did nothing to my cramps.

For me I suspect cramps are caused by candida. I've been struggling with candida ever since going zero carb. I''m not far off two months now and symptoms of candida are still causing problems.

As far as smoking goes I craved cigarettes occasionally and find it helped me think.

Tyrosine, is that an amino acid? I eat plenty of raw protein so I doubt it would do anything!.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 08:45:39 am by wodgina6722 »

Albert Camus

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 05:02:53 am »
You're still having candida symptoms after not eating any carbs for almost two months? I would think all the candida would be dead and gone by now with nothing to feed on for so long.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 07:25:27 am »
You're still having candida symptoms after not eating any carbs for almost two months? I would think all the candida would be dead and gone by now with nothing to feed on for so long.

You would think so wouldn't you? Now I'm  starting to believe the 'Gurus' AV says 2 years, self appointed candida god, Bee Wilder,  proposes 1 month for every year you've had the overgrowth. So 28 months to go.

I had been resigned to the fact that I would suffer certain health issues for the rest of my life. Especially after trying Raw Paleo for a reasonable period of time did not solve these issues. I had massive improvements in all areas but I still had some stubborn health issues which did not seem to heal. Zero carb, all carnivore has given me hope. I think some of us are so ill that any carbs in whatever form are a big no no. Healthy people can handle these because there bodies are strong. I think Lex mentioned this also. I would also like to add that being athletic/lean does not mean your healthy. I've always been athletic my whole life, even when my health problems had me at rock bottom. Look at Lance Armstrong.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 07:38:18 am by wodgina6722 »

Albert Camus

Satya

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 08:16:52 pm »

I just had dry skin myself, but it is totally gone now.  It must be the fat and collagen in meat that helps this, as well as removal of carbs.  At least for me, I didn't notice these changes until cutting out the fruit and veg (which are the only plant foods I had eaten in a year).  We are not the only ones experiencing these positive changes either - there are just dozens of others who report the same things switching to zc.  My sleep is so sound and solid - much more so than on a raw mixed diet.  I think semi raw is important, but I also feel that dropping the non essential carbs is more important to my overall health.  Having experimented with both, I can see the difference clearly now.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 09:24:35 pm »
I just had dry skin myself, but it is totally gone now.  It must be the fat and collagen in meat that helps this, as well as removal of carbs.  At least for me, I didn't notice these changes until cutting out the fruit and veg (which are the only plant foods I had eaten in a year).  We are not the only ones experiencing these positive changes either - there are just dozens of others who report the same things switching to zc.  My sleep is so sound and solid - much more so than on a raw mixed diet.  I think semi raw is important, but I also feel that dropping the non essential carbs is more important to my overall health.  Having experimented with both, I can see the difference clearly now.

Dry skin is a candida issue.

Carnivore sleep is deep and brief, its amazing! No nightmares no 'bad nights'.

Albert Camus

Satya

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 09:49:50 pm »
Dry skin is a candida issue.

Carnivore sleep is deep and brief, its amazing! No nightmares no 'bad nights'.

Thanks, Andrew.  Well, at least the dry skin is gone.  But now that you mention candida, I am feeling all itchy, lol.  The sleep is amazing!

I sent a pm to you on the other forum, btw.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk