Author Topic: aajonus doesn't believe in drinking water?  (Read 10723 times)

Offline pelham32

• Forager
    • View Profile
aajonus doesn't believe in drinking water?
« on: December 28, 2009, 02:38:40 am »
I've just recently bought recipe for living without disease, I think it's a great read with a lot of new information but most of it I knew just from reading here and searching the internet. The book does lack a lot of scientific credibility, in the book he references a few scientific studies, but alot of the times he says just from his observations. for example he says water isn't cellular usable, only the water from milk , or vegetable juice, and the raw meats are 90 percent cellular usable while water actually leeches nutrients from the body. I know this is true if too much water is consumed, but he doesn't provide any scientific ground to support his statement. He just says that fats are what lubricate and hydrate the body. This does make sense in my mind but how do you guys feel about just plain water?. I mean Its better that soda, and probaly better than pasteurized milk, I'm not talking about city water but water from a well.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: aajonus doesn't believe in drinking water?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 02:58:30 am »
It seems absurd to me.
I drink well water. The quantity has decreased since changing my diet to 100% raw meat, which I attribute to an easier time digesting & processing versus cooked foods, but I do still need it and my body will crave it if I've been too lax about it. My diet is limited enough now that if it was bad for my body I'd know practically instantly after consumption. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 08:24:20 am »
I've just recently bought recipe for living without disease, I think it's a great read with a lot of new information but most of it I knew just from reading here and searching the internet. The book does lack a lot of scientific credibility, in the book he references a few scientific studies, but alot of the times he says just from his observations. for example he says water isn't cellular usable, only the water from milk , or vegetable juice, and the raw meats are 90 percent cellular usable while water actually leeches nutrients from the body. I know this is true if too much water is consumed, but he doesn't provide any scientific ground to support his statement. He just says that fats are what lubricate and hydrate the body. This does make sense in my mind but how do you guys feel about just plain water?. I mean Its better that soda, and probaly better than pasteurized milk, I'm not talking about city water but water from a well.

I agree with Aajonus on the matter of plain old water being the lowest form of water and is mostly unusable.  I've done my pure water time and I didn't like it. Pure distilled, reverse osmosis, well water, spring water, etc.

My other teacher Barefoot Herbalist MH also agrees with the opinion that plain old water is just plain hard on the kidneys and not bio available as much as real food.

My fruitarian experiment showed to me that plain water sucks compared to the structured water in hydrating fruit like watermelon, melons, fresh coconuts, or even calamansi / lemon juice (diluted with distilled or filtered water).  And my high raw fat paleo diet showed that Aajonus is correct in the lubrication and hydration with fat.

As a result I live my raw paleo diet in avoidance of plain water.  If I'm thirsty I pop in a raw fertilized egg, or slice a watermelon, or at worst juice some calamansi in water and add some raw honey to taste.

As long as I'm on raw paleo diet, I'm not thirsty.  When I do eat cooked meat, that makes me thirsty.  

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 12:24:41 pm »
I agree with Aajonus on the matter of plain old water being the lowest form of water and is mostly unusable.  I've done my pure water time and I didn't like it. Pure distilled, reverse osmosis, well water, spring water, etc.

My other teacher Barefoot Herbalist MH also agrees with the opinion that plain old water is just plain hard on the kidneys and not bio available as much as real food.

My fruitarian experiment showed to me that plain water sucks compared to the structured water in hydrating fruit like watermelon, melons, fresh coconuts, or even calamansi / lemon juice (diluted with distilled or filtered water).  And my high raw fat paleo diet showed that Aajonus is correct in the lubrication and hydration with fat.

As a result I live my raw paleo diet in avoidance of plain water.  If I'm thirsty I pop in a raw fertilized egg, or slice a watermelon, or at worst juice some calamansi in water and add some raw honey to taste.

As long as I'm on raw paleo diet, I'm not thirsty.  When I do eat cooked meat, that makes me thirsty.  

bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 12:44:58 pm »
    Plain water used to give me gas sometimes, and other times it just flowed through me doing nothing for me but dehydrating me too much.  Doesn't matter what the quality water, water just gives my son gas and used to dehydrate him.  He mostly uses fruit for hydration.  AV says to eat cucumbers, avocados, tomatoes, (raw) milk and maybe some other fruit for hydration.  My body's hydration got so much better by eating primal and also it got better by eating a diet that is good that doesn't require extra water.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

William

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 05:08:05 pm »
The purpose of slaking thirst is to replace lost body juices.
These juices are never pure.
If you replace your body juices with pure water, you dilute the blood/make yourself sick, and in an extremely sweaty condition such as the Boston Marathon in hot weather, dead.

The body juice we hear the most about is blood, so it follows that we should replace the lost electrolytes. Raw meat contains those electrolytes, unless the blood has been drained from it (you must ask the butcher).
Chemical analysis of blood tells us that electrolytes are the same as the composition of an ancient ocean, so add some dried seawater to your drinking water if you are thirsty and not hungry.

I tried this. It works, meaning it slakes the thirst, calms the heartbeat and all that good stuff.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 05:23:09 pm by William »

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 05:47:58 pm »
Wild animals drink water when they are thirsty. Are we so different from them, that water is unhealthy for us? That's really ludicrous for me.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 06:05:04 pm »
I wouldn't drink the same water wild animals are drinking today.
But I will drink an animal's blood.
Freshwater springs that come out of the mountain firsthand I do drink at times. (very rare, I'm an urbanite)

Check this out:

"Gorillas rarely drink water; the water contained in their diet is apparently enough to sustain them."
from http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/apes/gorilla/

Same with the other apes who get their water from rainwater in the leaves or holes in trees. Which isn't much.  They don't chug 8 glasses of water a day.  Henry Bieler in 1965 already cited that these are water seller marketing tactics.

If I had kidney problems I'd give them a rest and reduce the consumption of plain old water.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 06:13:38 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 06:50:28 pm »
I think Aajonus is mostly wrong re claiming that mineral-water isn't needed. Granted, chlorinated, processed tapwater is bad for you, but mineral-water(preferably alkaline) is useful - after all, carnivores in the wild drink lots of water after a heavy meal.

Plus, the foods that Aajonus recommends in order to increase your fluid-intake are raw dairy and raw veggie-juice which rawpalaeos generally tend to have major health-problems with.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 08:28:49 pm »
Wild animals drink water when they are thirsty. Are we so different from them, that water is unhealthy for us? That's really ludicrous for me.

Domestic animals drink water and lick salt blocks; wild animals have another source for the missing electrolytes, and they must replace water lost during a high energy chase/kill.

They can't put dried seawater in their drinking water, but I can.

If you don't sweat or piss too much, most of the water and electrolytes you need are in raw meat.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 08:33:55 pm »
Only a few (herbivores) go in for salt-licking. It's not an all-pervasive trait, I believe.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 09:25:29 pm »
If you don't sweat or piss too much, most of the water and electrolytes you need are in raw meat.
For me there is not enough water in raw meat. I need to drink water to be not thirsty, but it's quite small amount.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 05:57:15 am »
Would watermelon be considered too sweet to use regularly (eg one daily) as a thirst quencher?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 06:27:19 pm »
Would watermelon be considered too sweet to use regularly (eg one daily) as a thirst quencher?

I would say so. You could try it and measure how much watermelon you eat in a day to quench thirst, then calculate the sugar contained in that amount. Seems to me almost like drinking juice for hydration.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 08:23:10 pm »

It would depend on the watermelon.

"One watermelon" in our markets is something like 7 to 10 KG.  Can you eat that much?

Our summer heat these days is something like 35 celcius.  With high humidity.

Another best seller is coconut water and coconut meat with ice to cool down.  It's got fat to satisfy thirst.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 10:57:54 pm »
Watermelon is 90% water, so isn't too bad a replacement for drinking real water; but I wouldn't dream of eating it all the time as a substitute.
" Ron Paul.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 12:22:47 am »

Kefir is also an alternative for those not too sensitive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk