Author Topic: Daylight Diet? Have you tried it?  (Read 9214 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Daylight Diet? Have you tried it?
« on: January 06, 2010, 10:25:41 pm »
I'm interested to try this daylight diet.
The simple instruction to eat only during daylight ours.

Has anyone tried this?  Feedback please.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Daylight Diet? Have you tried it?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 11:52:10 pm »
Well, I usually eat up until 8:00 pm so in the summer there is daylight until 8:00 pm. That means I've been on this diet for most summers, by that logic.

I think this is trying to respect specific organs circadian rhythm.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 01:31:15 am »
    I didn't read his book, but there are plenty of times in my life I didn't snack and didn't eat outside of normal mealtimes.  If I wasn't snacking, it's most likely cause I felt fine without extra food.  So, I'd say it works, for vegetarians.  I don't think I've ever felt good eating cooked meat nor good at night during those times without snacking or night eating too.  I'm not sure I've ...well, yes, I have not eaten at night most of the time with RAF.  I have used raw dairy most of RAF time.  I have wondered if some hunters, if it would be more natural for them to eat at night and healthier?  I know I need to eat less often when I don't eat as many carbs.     
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 05:15:12 am »
I know katelyn/klowcarb has reaped much success following something like 'the warrior diet' protocol (as such) eating 1 large meal in the evening, she said between 5-10pm. I must admit I like this idea, although i would e'r (sp?) on the earlier side of those times, simply because i have it ingrained into be still that going to bed on a full stomach is not a good thing. However thats based on little experience with RZC...yet. Nice idea of finishing a day with your earnt meal, and i do know in that respect I function alot better when I work and have my day and then eat, as opposed to eating and trying to go back to work or whatever it is I'm doing. That said I don't think paleo people would follow any such rules, but, I would think after a succesful hunt with plentiful food, a group would (in my opinion) have certainly relaxed and not jumped straight back into 'work'. After all, what would be the need.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 10:20:22 am »
I do the opposite--the Warrior Diet. We were designed to be light and alert during the day, and feast at night.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 02:40:39 pm »
I do the opposite--the Warrior Diet. We were designed to be light and alert during the day, and feast at night.

Sounds interesting.  I will have to experiment with this as well.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 07:30:26 pm »
I used to eat my 1 large meal of the day in the evenings or even late at night(11pm, going to bed usually around 1am/2am). Because it was raw food, it wasn't an issue for me(the daylight diet, I think, subscribes to the modern notion that sleep interferes with digestion, but I think that's only an issue with cooked diets).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 08:32:49 pm »
If I eat late, I wake at 1 or 2 AM feeling too hot to sleep. This might be a detox, but how to know?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 08:36:59 pm »
If I eat late, I wake at 1 or 2 AM feeling too hot to sleep. This might be a detox, but how to know?

You've over eaten. Pretty easy with pemmican.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 09:37:24 pm »
re: william's hot food sleep,

i think this is a nice inbuilt survival mechanism.  i know that when i have lived places with no heat during the winter i would have a huge urge to binge on fat for dinner and then i burn it up in my sleep keeping me nice and toasty(even in the coldest sleeping situations, and often a little too hot)...same with bike commuting/hiking in below freezing weather, always want to eat a lot of fat and then always feel my body heat up to digest it.  its nice to think how serendipitous this is with the availability/storeability of food, especially animal source, that we should have fat stored to eat in the winter because that is what is easiest to render and keep and the natural inclination to eat lighter far in warmer seasons

Re:  mealtime:  i usually eat two meals, one between 11-2 that is pretty small and then a dinner meal between 4-8,  i prefer to eat my last meal quite a few hours before bed though so on the earlier end of that range if its possible, the sleep is more refreshing

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 12:07:02 am »
I used to eat my 1 large meal of the day in the evenings or even late at night(11pm, going to bed usually around 1am/2am). Because it was raw food, it wasn't an issue for me.

You write this in "the past"; I thought you still eat 1 meal in the evening?

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 12:33:25 am »
You write this in "the past"; I thought you still eat 1 meal in the evening?

Nicola
  Yes, I normally do, it's just that it's more usually 5pm to 8pm in the evenings.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 01:58:46 am »
i think this is a nice inbuilt survival mechanism.  i know that when i have lived places with no heat during the winter i would have a huge urge to binge on fat for dinner and then i burn it up in my sleep keeping me nice and toasty(even in the coldest sleeping situations, and often a little too hot)...same with bike commuting/hiking in below freezing weather, always want to eat a lot of fat and then always feel my body heat up to digest it.  its nice to think how serendipitous this is with the availability/storeability of food, especially animal source, that we should have fat stored to eat in the winter because that is what is easiest to render and keep and the natural inclination to eat lighter far in warmer seasons ...

I've done that.  When outdoors all night in the snow (and no sleeping bag tent blanket or pillow), before I fall asleep I eat like a pound of raw animal fat.  I sleep fine with no stiff joints in the morning.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

William

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 03:20:18 am »
    I've done that.  When outdoors all night in the snow (and no sleeping bag tent blanket or pillow), before I fall asleep I eat like a pound of raw animal fat.  I sleep fine with no stiff joints in the morning.

I give up - how did you sleep in snow without shelter?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 05:49:37 am »
I give up - how did you sleep in snow without shelter?

I wore jeans, a t-shirt, a jacket with a hood and sneakers, no long johns or any warming apparel.  I didn't sit in the snow.  I sat on a dry spot.  If the snow was coming down, I sat in a spot with a thin roof above.  Otherwise, the raw fat I ate seemed to work.  I might pull my arms in my jacket or whatever I needed to just stayed warm.  It wasn't very windy though.  I bent a little, didn't lay flat as if it were warm, laid against whatever (not heated), to block a little wind.  I can't guarantee with lowered wind chill factor that it would have worked.  It probably would have been a lot warmer if I wasn't alone, Idk.  I don't know why it worked, but it did.  I did this a bunch of times last Winter. 

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 09:07:54 am »
Gnarly rawzi!

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 10:40:56 am »
I used to eat my 1 large meal of the day in the evenings or even late at night(11pm, going to bed usually around 1am/2am). Because it was raw food, it wasn't an issue for me(the daylight diet, I think, subscribes to the modern notion that sleep interferes with digestion, but I think that's only an issue with cooked diets).
Interesting hypothesis, but then how do we explain Paul Nison, a mostly-raw, mostly-vegan who says he does better on a daylight diet. I'm not convinced of the value of eating only in the daylight, but he seems like an honest person, so I believe that he believes he feels better on it. He has interviewed other all/mostly-raw-vegan dieters who also claim they do better following a daylight diet.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 05:46:12 am »
I try to do a Warrior type diet myself, I think it makes more evolutionary sense, which to me is what raw/paleo is about. I think people would do well on the "daylight diet" when eating "normal food" because it would give them all night to digest things that are hard to digest and rest their bodies against that digestion. I might add detox, but I'm not too keen on that concept right now. I think things like grains, cooked and for some people raw dairy, etc (neolithic foods mostly) are very hard on digestion and the body does much better when given a good long break from them. If there's one thing I can say about eating raw meat (muscle, fat and organs) it's that it digests more quickly and easily then anything else I've ever eaten.

Also for me I work during the day and can't eat all my food then. It's so much easier to eat lightly during the day and then eat a large meal at night after your work is done and before bed. This seems to really jive with the natural human condition. Right now with work I take a lunch sometime between noon and 2:00 pm, which is usually raw meat and fat with some kind of sauce. I usually eat the same thing at night but more of it, as I have time to eat more. I might eat several things and wait a little bit in between each one. This wouldn't work at all during the day for me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk