Author Topic: Raw Chicken  (Read 49676 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Raw Chicken
« on: July 12, 2008, 12:09:47 am »
I havn't tried any raw meat besides different cuts of organic beef.

What does raw chicken taste like, do you like it compared to beef?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Raw Chicken
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 01:43:24 am »
I loathe the taste of raw chicken, even after years of going rawpalaeo, I far prefer things like raw turkey or raw goose, or better still wild mallard duck.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 02:07:42 am »
I loathe the taste of raw chicken, even after years of going rawpalaeo, I far prefer things like raw turkey or raw goose, or better still wild mallard duck.
i'll keep that in mind.  ;)

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 07:16:43 am »
I'm not eating raw meat any more, save for egg yolks and sushi/sashimi now and again, but I liked raw chicken. And there are several ways to eat it. One is to marinate it in lemon juice over night. I know, you're kinda cooking it that way, but it's quite tasty. And some dip the chicken in boiling water for 60 seconds, just to whiten the outside and perhaps kill off any possible salmonella- it also makes it easier to slice for dipping in sauces.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/jdworetz/RPJcxNOVABI/AAAAAAAAAwI/cc7ejLqAkBE/IMG_0236.JPG?imgmax=512

Best wishes,
Avalon  :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 10:31:53 am by avalon »

xylothrill

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:07:38 am »
perhaps kill off any possible salmonella

I hear it only comes from vegetables and then it's a large investigation to figure out which vegetables it came from and then where those veggies came from.

Avalon,

I once asked "whatever happened to The Bear"? in another forum and you replied, "OMG, you haven't heard what happened?"
Scared the crap out of me! But, I'm glad you've made a post!

From what I know of you, the Wai Diet might be a good choice for you.  :)

Craig aka RawNut

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 09:59:57 pm »
The raw organic chicken I get from my supplier tastes great.  Tough skin though.
I get salt to rub out the slimy coating off the muscle first.
Then wash.
Tastes great.
Raw chicken liver tastes great too.

My raw organic chicken has a distinctly different taste and smell from beef.

It will depend on where you are, your taste, and your sources.

Taste and see what's good for you.

I havn't tried any raw meat besides different cuts of organic beef.

What does raw chicken taste like, do you like it compared to beef?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 11:40:18 pm »
The raw organic chicken I get from my supplier tastes great.  Tough skin though.
I get salt to rub out the slimy coating off the muscle first.
Then wash.

I'll try your technique.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 11:17:57 pm »
Hi Craig!

I hope you know I was just messing around. Honestly.

I like the Wai Diet, but not all of it. Some of them were too much into Orange Juice and Olive Oil. And don't get me started! It did however, get me eating raw yolks regularly, so I think, I owe them that. They kind of changed doctrine and went very strict 'Sample Diet' which I just didn't believe in long term. If you know of them, I believe Wai, not RRM had a better understanding of human nature. I haven't been there in a while, so maybe he's come around?

I do like Raw Chicken Livers with Soy and spices. I've hated liver my whole life until eating it raw. Didn't see that coming  ;D

Best wishes,
Avalon  ::)

xylothrill

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 01:05:48 am »
Hi Craig!

I hope you know I was just messing around. Honestly.

I like the Wai Diet, but not all of it. Some of them were too much into Orange Juice and Olive Oil. And don't get me started! It did however, get me eating raw yolks regularly, so I think, I owe them that. They kind of changed doctrine and went very strict 'Sample Diet' which I just didn't believe in long term. If you know of them, I believe Wai, not RRM had a better understanding of human nature. I haven't been there in a while, so maybe he's come around?

I do like Raw Chicken Livers with Soy and spices. I've hated liver my whole life until eating it raw. Didn't see that coming  ;D

Best wishes,
Avalon  ::)

Yes Avalon,

I know you were only kidding and it was funny and relieving after the fact.  :D

I STILL can't get myself to eat raw chicken! I can eat the livers and gizzards but for some reason, I just can't overcome the conditioning that chicken flesh has to be cooked or you'll die.

Craig

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 01:24:34 am »
I tried raw chicken early on in the diet but found it so unappetising that I gave up on it forthwith. I suspect that this was primarily because virtually all chickens in the UK, like pigs, are fed on an all-grain diet - I've checked recently, though, and there may be at least 1 farm which sells not only grassfed offal cheap, but also sells genuine grassfed chicken and grssfed pork. I don't believe in the scare-stories re chicken, IMO, the only fresh raw meats I'm still put off by are maggots.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 03:25:39 am »
Yeah, maggots  :-\

xylothrill

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 12:32:18 pm »
I tried raw chicken early on in the diet but found it so unappetising that I gave up on it forthwith. I suspect that this was primarily because virtually all chickens in the UK, like pigs, are fed on an all-grain diet - I've checked recently, though, and there may be at least 1 farm which sells not only grassfed offal cheap, but also sells genuine grassfed chicken and grssfed pork. I don't believe in the scare-stories re chicken, IMO, the only fresh raw meats I'm still put off by are maggots.

Bear Grylls recommends biting the heads off from the maggots as they are the nasty tasting part. I could probably stomach them now. When I was a raw vegan, my sister was growing papayas in her back yard. We took a few in and cut them up. I started to put a piece in my mouth when I noticed something moving. I reacted by throwing it across the room. They were full of larvae of a type of fruit fly but they were the same color as the papaya so weren't very noticeable. Now, I'd probably pick them out of the papaya and eat them, then discard the papaya!

As for raw chicken flesh, I don't think it's the smell, taste, or texture but I just can't get it down without gagging. I think it's psychological. In fact, I'm almost positive. If I were to be given a dish such those presented by Satya, and didn't know it contained raw chicken, I could probably eat it with no problem.

Similar things have happened before. My Chinese friend and former co-worker, who spoke limited English, fed me some good tasting soup. When I asked her what the gelatinous, fatty balls were, she responded with, "frog love." Upon further questioning, all I could get out of her was that it had something to do with frog reproduction. I'm thinking eggs, embryos, ovaries, testicles...something along those lines. I felt sick after that. That was then and this is now. I'd try it now. Of course, it may have been a total mistranslation or transliteration for something having nothing to do with the reproduction of frogs at all. But, my understanding and the psychology was still there regardless of what it was I'd just eaten.

Craig

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 06:50:14 pm »
I think she meant  frogspawn(ie the eggs). This brings back memories:- I remember the horrible school-food recipes we had, one of which (tapioca) we renamed "frogspawn" because it tasted so foul.
" Ron Paul.

xylothrill

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 01:28:05 am »
That must be it. Frogspawn!  :o

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 10:39:05 pm »
I'll try just about anything once... ehh, I mean like, something edible  :o and if I'm not the only one eating it  ;D

I never thought that I could drink a whole raw egg from a brandy glass, and enjoy it. Or eat raw yolks on a daily basis.

Has anyone read 'Eating Awake' by Mo Lohaus? It's a pdf book, can't find it online easily anymore, but about his journey eating raw from sickly to healthy. And he has a a blended raw chicken drink recipe if anyone's interested. In fact I'll email you the pdf.

Best wishes,
Avalon  :)

xylothrill

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 03:41:01 am »
Avalon,

Can you email me the PDF? Is it a free e-book?

Craig

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 08:07:53 am »
A year or two ago it was online for downloading. I believe there was a server error or something and it was going to be re-posted again. I've never found it again but it might be out there. It's a very good read.

Will send it on over :)

xylothrill

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 09:05:19 am »
Thanks Avalon,

I haven't read it yet but I see he's given permission to freely distribute the pdf version so I'll host it here for anyone interested:
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/EatingAwake1.pdf

Craig

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 11:40:08 am »
Cool  :)

Offline TruthHunter

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 10:29:21 am »
Chicken doesn't age well.

I remember when I lived in Morocco, we'd go down the street, pick out a chicken, watch it lose it's head, then go through the plucker. It was still warm when we took it home.  I never thought of eating it raw. After that I realized people it the developed world don't know what fresh chicken tastes like.  Don't assume chicken tastes bad until you've had it fresh.

John

xylothrill

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 10:47:29 am »
Hi John,

Now that's fresh! Like picking out your own lobster.

I can't say that it's the actual taste, smell or texture that puts me off so much as the conditioning. Chicken (and I just realized pork) were the only things we didn't eat raw, or nearly so growing up. I'm thankful for that though. Some people are brought up eating all their animal foods cooked to death. It must be tremendously difficult for them to eat any of it raw at first.

Craig

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Jackie’s Raw Organic Chicken tastes great, smells great, very tender
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 10:24:57 pm »
Jackie’s Raw Organic Chicken tastes great, smells great, very tender

I heartily recommend my friend Jackie’s raw organic chicken.   Wherever she gets them, my review this evening is that the chicken I got tonight was the best raw chicken I tasted.  I came home late tonight; hungry of course.  I knew I had told our cook to leave me the raw breast of the whole chicken she was going to cook.  To my satisfaction the raw breast of chicken was waiting for me in the refrigerator.

I got my trusty knife and started filleting on one side.  Got my scissors too.  Snipped away and ate happily.  I thought I could only finish one half of the breast, but my hunger kicked in and I knew I could finish the whole thing.  On the second half I said to myself that these scissors and knife was only such a hassle and I bit away like a caveman.  Really good chicken… yum…. better than all those chicken soups I tasted.  This raw organic chicken was finger licking good.  This is the best breast of chicken ever, and its raw, cooking makes breasts tough and dry.  I did not forget the skin and the fat on the chicken skin, salty and yummy.

My hats off to you Jackie.  Show this review to your friends and I hope you sell more of your organic chicken.  Make sure you leave some for me.  Until next time…

from my blog at http://www.myhealthblog.org/2008/09/01/jackies-raw-organic-chicken-tastes-great-smells-great-very-tender/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 09:05:46 am »
so i think im gonna try some raw chicken soon, but i was wondering if it is ok to eat the skin. anyone know?

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 10:18:44 am »
so i think im gonna try some raw chicken soon, but i was wondering if it is ok to eat the skin. anyone know?

AV says not to eat it but there is one RAF'er I know who doesn't post here but is mentioned occasionally, Paul Lundkvist a bodybuilder/personal trainer now living in Stockholm, and he says the chicken skin and fat are the tastiest part to him and he eats them first.

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 11:34:10 am »
I once purposely spoiled raw chicken to see if it would make me sick.  I was still a little fearful that one day I would come down w/ salmonella, even though I had eaten spoiled raw ground beef and never been sick - I actually like the taste of not so fresh beef) - basically I wanted to prove to myself that salmonella is not a source of disease. 

Made my gf smell b4 eating (just to make sure it was spoiled).  She gagged for the entire time I ate it, swearing up and down I'd be sick as a dog, but I never did get sick.  Felt just fine.  In fact, tho it smelled not so great, I enjoyed the taste much better than normal chicken.  After that day I've been pretty much fear free about this diet, though I tend to eat most everything fresh.     

When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk