Author Topic: Raw Chicken  (Read 49751 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Raw Chicken
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 06:13:47 pm »
AV says not to eat it but there is one RAF'er I know who doesn't post here but is mentioned occasionally, Paul Lundkvist a bodybuilder/personal trainer now living in Stockholm, and he says the chicken skin and fat are the tastiest part to him and he eats them first.

Why does AV recommend against eating chicken skin?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 07:46:42 pm »
From my days of following AV's primal diet, I seem to recall he didn't recommend eating the skin as most chickens are dipped in boiling water to aid feather removal.  Hence, it isn't raw!  I'm not sure how accurate that is but just how I remember it.

Just for the record, I find raw chicken breasts (marinated in lemon juice) one of my favourite raw meats - especially when eaten with homemade raw salsa!!  However, due to the extortionate cost I very rarely eat chicken.  I have recently discovered a great source of extremely fatty 100% grass-fed organic mutton which is not only delicious but incredibly affordable.   :)
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 07:48:59 pm »
I've heard some people can't digest chicken skin. I worked in a chicken factory in Uni holidays. The chickens go through a vat of chlorine after they have be plucked.

I love chicken it tastes good, just can't find any good sources so I stick to beef which is slightly better.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 06:48:16 am »
Guittarman03, hi, uhm you might want to, just for fun, hold a mirror to your nose and breathe out some- see if you are like breathing. Often times one can become undead rather quickly and not even have a clue that it happened. Often happens around this time too.  -d  ;) :D

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 07:28:04 am »
Why does AV recommend against eating chicken skin?

I remember it being a digestive issue. Of course he has compromised digestion so that's one area he would exaggerate dangers. From the sounds of it (chlorine and boiling water) maybe staying away from chicken skin unless you know the source intimately is a good idea.

Offline igibike

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 06:11:02 pm »
I sometimes eat raw chiken/turkey, but the only part I can eat raw is breast.
I ususally put it in a dish, put some grinded garlic, curry powder and olive oil, then ieat it.
Sometimes I put lemon on it, but don't wait for it to get marinated.

It is goos to my taste, but I have to eat a lot of it to get hungry satisfied.
Bye bye

Luigi

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2009, 08:04:40 am »
had my first raw chicken thighs and legs today... i don't like the smell but they tasted pretty good. the little fat there is is actually really good. also, the darker meat is WAY better. i probably won't be eating too much of it regularly but every once in a while i'll get it as it is really cheap where i am.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2009, 08:10:51 am »
raw chicken is at the bottom of my list (taste wise), but once in a while I eat it for variety.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2009, 08:38:46 am »
chicken is tasty just not very filling.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2009, 08:51:39 am »
by the way, how is it nutritionally? is there anything especially good in it?

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 10:04:34 am »
so i bought a whole chicken the other day and it's really got me loving raw chicken right now. tastes pretty amazing with all the fat. it's strange how things used to gross me out and now im loving them. i cant get another chicken til saturday but i've got a serious craving.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2009, 09:25:33 am »
tastes pretty bad and gave me a horrible mucus reaction for days plus the fact that the chicken is put in boiling water to remove feathers so it's not actually even raw.

Offline spear of destiny

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 12:29:40 pm »
so i bought a whole chicken the other day and it's really got me loving raw chicken right now. tastes pretty amazing with all the fat. it's strange how things used to gross me out and now im loving them. i cant get another chicken til saturday but i've got a serious craving.

O0 fucking great

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 02:05:55 am »
Are you talking about normal supermarket chicken?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 02:36:20 am »
no i get chicken from the farmer's market. it's pastured chicken not fed grain. they eat grass and bugs. really good stuff

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2010, 02:53:10 am »
I ate a small pastured, locally raised chicken this past weekend.  Dark meat tasted great, but white meat was very bland tasting.  I ate it all, though.  Liver had a surprisingly sweet taste.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2010, 03:14:36 am »
I'm very unlucky in the UK as government laws force all pigs and domesticated fowl to be fed on 100% grain-filled diets(a few farmers allow them to graze on their own, which allows the consumption of earthworms on occasion and the like, but that's about  it). That said, I do have access to raw wild mallard duck quite often and the taste of it is absolutely divine(all dark-red meat, not white).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2010, 04:42:21 am »
I really want to keep eating just raw meat but the stuff that doesn't taste horrible is expensive... =/ Just normal supermarket Rump Steak is £1/100g. Then the beef mince, which is a good price, has some horrible added chemical which doesn't disappear unless you cook it or something =/
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2011, 04:38:28 pm »
I want to try raw chicken but I am terrified of eating it because of how terribly chickens are kept even if organic and all, and this boiling water and chlorine thing isn't helping.  But everytime I see a chickenbreast in the store, it looks delicious.  I really want to try it, but I'm scared of getting salmonella or something.. I don't want to get sick again.  I just don't know how trustworthy the sources of chicken are. 
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2011, 05:11:35 pm »
I really want to keep eating just raw meat but the stuff that doesn't taste horrible is expensive... =/ Just normal supermarket Rump Steak is £1/100g. Then the beef mince, which is a good price, has some horrible added chemical which doesn't disappear unless you cook it or something =/
  You need to look at local farmers' markets. Raw wild game is cheap, and often found in those markets(but often only on request as they are not allowed to display it outside the hunting season). Also check out grassfed meat farms in your local area. There are UK online organic and/or grassfed meat directories available as well, some of which show how far away the farm is from your post-code etc.

I can get grassfed/organic ground meat for 7 pounds per kilo, which is pretty good value.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 09:34:45 am »
We tried raw chicken once. Didn't like it.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2011, 02:55:09 pm »
We tried raw chicken once. Didn't like it.
Most chicken are fed on very unhealthy 100 percent grain-filled diets. Try a pastured chicken, it should taste great. I can't find any pastured chicken so what I do is buy raw wild mallard duck. It tastes fantastic. Since it's wild, the flesh is dark red instead of the stark, unhealthy white of grainfed fowl.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2011, 05:52:21 pm »
Most chicken are fed on very unhealthy 100 percent grain-filled diets. Try a pastured chicken, it should taste great. I can't find any pastured chicken so what I do is buy raw wild mallard duck. It tastes fantastic. Since it's wild, the flesh is dark red instead of the stark, unhealthy white of grainfed fowl.

I totally agree. The taste of grain-fed fowl is SO disgusting whereas wild fowl is fabulous.

I never got really grass fed chicken anywhere. Is it possible at all? Due to overbreeding those birds are too weak to survive without grains, one farmer told me.

Can you get 100% grass-fed chicken in the UK??

Löwenherz

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2011, 06:27:34 pm »
Interesting.

I know where I can get some pastured chicken. Maybe we'll try it.

There is also a place where we can get some chickens freshly hatched to raise in the backyard. We thought about doing that last spring but we......... chickened out.  ;D

I have a friend that has about 9 chickens in his yard in the city in a very nice neighbourhood. They sleep in his garage. Gets enough eggs for his family. He's in our cowshare group.
Cheers
Al

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2011, 09:44:23 am »
Can you get 100% grass-fed chicken in the UK??

When they are free to eat in the open pasture all day, what they eat there is mostly insects I believe.  I've seen chickens run from grass and chase after and eat lizards instead.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk