Author Topic: Gained 10lbs. of MUSCLE in less than a week!  (Read 82627 times)

Offline Christopher

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Gained 10lbs. of MUSCLE in less than a week!
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 11:14:18 am »
oh Katelyn, Katelyn, Katelyn... It seems like no matter what forum I go to or what specific thread I open, I am guaranteed to see your little one paragraph post about how great eating nothing but ground beef has been to you, how flat it has made your stomach and how much it has increased your energy, performance and those muscles that only you are able to see in your pictures. I know, I'm sounding like an asshole right now but you have to excuse me since It gets a bit tiresome/annoying after the 15th time of reading it. Honestly, It wouldn't surprise me if you actually have that specific paragraph saved as a word document so you can just open it up and copy paste it whenever needed.
Don't get me wrong, I don't discredit your success story and I'm really happy that all these aforementioned improvements are your results; However, it's really frustrating to see that same post over and over again in threads that you don't even read. What do I mean? Well you've obviously failed to read or at least comprehend this threat in its entirety. Let me explain to you what you should have realized, should you have read this thread:
You and redfulcrum are not doing the same thing AT ALL. You are eating raw 80/20 and 75/25 ground beef that is providing you with around 70% of your calories in fat while the rest is protein. Secondly, and less important than the first reason, is the fact that you actually measure your ground beef bowl so that it's the same every day.
On the other hand, redfulcrum is talking about eating lots of lean animals. Now, I know he even specifically stated  that he doesnt just eat one of the same thing all day but I need to phrase my example so you can understand the difference. Redfulcrum is doing what would be the equivalent of eating 11 pounds of 95% lean ground beef which is providing him 1000 grams of protein and not very much fat. In fact according to fitday he is getting almost 70% of his calories from PROTEIN and the other 30% through fat. So you Katelyn are actually fat/ketones adapted while redfulcrum is still a glucose burner.
I might be mistaken on this next part but it seems that redfulcrum is basically talking about switching the macronutrients fat and protein so that in reality a person is getting the minimum amount of fat to avoid rabbit starvation while getting the majority of his/her calories from protein. However, if the protein to glucose conversion really is 70% or less and if heavy protein does take a strenuous toll on the kidneys then this form of eating sounds highly inneficient and perhaps dangerous.
However, at the same time it really is amazing, if in fact redfulcrum did put 10 pounds of muscle in less than a week, which I guess we should all believe cause otherwise why would he waste his valuable time posting about it here? I mean after all he is just trying to share his success with other even though he won't provide any photos, or some type of actual evidence to really make the reader believe him... But it's okay, he doesn't care cause he'll get all the girls  ;D

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 11:36:00 am »
I might be mistaken on this next part but it seems that redfulcrum is basically talking about switching the macronutrients fat and protein so that in reality a person is getting the minimum amount of fat to avoid rabbit starvation while getting the majority of his/her calories from protein. However, if the protein to glucose conversion really is 70% or less and if heavy protein does take a strenuous toll on the kidneys then this form of eating sounds highly inneficient and perhaps dangerous.
Exactly. :)

However, at the same time it really is amazing, if in fact redfulcrum did put 10 pounds of muscle in less than a week, which I guess we should all believe cause otherwise why would he waste his valuable time posting about it here? I mean after all he is just trying to share his success with other even though he won't provide any photos, or some type of actual evidence to really make the reader believe him... But it's okay, he doesn't care cause he'll get all the girls  ;D
I like your style Christopher. Welcome to the board. ;D
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 12:56:43 pm »
I don't see how photos will prove anything.  I can just show photos from another time, photoshop or whatever.  You guys do what you want.  I showed you the water hole, I can't make you drink it.  The only way I can prove it to you, is to have someone hang around with me for a whole week.  Other than that, it's anecdotal.  I can care less what you guys think.  I just wanted to post up an experiment's results.  I proved it to myself and that's what matters the most to me.  I love figuring things out and solving problems. 

You guys got to get that whole macronutrient ratio thing out of your head.  There's no ratio.  Your body has needs according to what is deficient in.  The body is dynamic and chaotic.  You can't say you need this and that in this amount day in and day out.  That makes no sense.  This isn't the former Soviet Union rationing food.  I don't see cows keeping a caloric record, they just eat and eat less other times.    What lion eats all the time?  Nothing wrong with eating tons of protein on short term.  You're not going to burn it for fuel, you're gonna save it as muscle just like fat stores.  People eat lean meat all the time, they just don't do it continuously or exclusively to get rabbit starvation.  You don't see people fainting after eating a chicken breast salad.  It took me a while to develop fat hunger, and I gave in.  My body is back to normal again because I was lacking something apparently in fat.  Listen to your instinct.  Drop the dogma! 

The whole ketosis thing is getting old.  I know what ketosis is and that is when you're not consuming enough anti-ketogenic macronutrients.  Enough with it.  HIGH PROTEIN WILL NOT CAUSE KETOSIS!!!!  There is no way that girl can be lifting weights in a state of ketosis.  Face it, protein is used for glucose in carnivores.  GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULLS PEOPLE!  Your body doesn't care about some ratio, all that matters is the properties of your BLOOD STREAM in that one point in time. 

If the girl thinks she's hot from her new found diet, let her be.  Don't rain on her parade. 

To all you non-believers, more meat for me.  I ain't staying stuck in some neolithic pupa stage.  Good luck attracting mates with your weak bodies.  KLOWCARB, you better eat up to develop that ASS!  LOL!!!!  PROTEIN BABY!  Why do you think some black chicks have some nice asses?  Must be the genes or the water, huh?

Opening Pandora's boxes, one box at a time.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 02:58:02 pm »
Klowcarb  wasn't off topic in the slightest. We are a very accommodating bunch over here. If she's stoked and constantly posting about eating meat and pumping iron good on her, if  you feel it's trolling please contact one of the mods.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Midnight

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 03:54:16 pm »
redfulcrum how much money would you say you spend on meat a day at 10lbs of meat?

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 08:20:21 pm »
About $8/lb average.  It's a bulking diet, not maintenance.  I don't want look crazy big like those steroid users.  Never said it would be cheap.  Starting to consider getting a hunting license.

Offline Christopher

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 08:21:21 pm »
wodgina actually Klowcarb was off topic but I guess you too failed to also read the original redfulcrum post. However, it's true that at least this thread is not the most off topic place she has posted that SAME EXACT PARAGRAPH. I guess since both redfulcrum and klowcarb are talking about raw meat then I guess that means the topic the same to you even though they are doing the complete opposite... Either way, I don't think she's a troll, It's hard to explain but I've actually gotten to know her after 8 months of reading her posts and I think she just craves online attention... but I could definitely be wrong

Redfulcrum, I don't even know where to begin on answering your comments. You've brought such great arguments to the table:water holes and not being thirsty, former soviet union, cows and lions and black girl's nice asses. I especially like that last one about black girl's nice asses, wtf? first it depends on a persons definition of nice and secondly from what i know most Americans (so including black girls) eat high carbs and not 1000 grams of protein a day so I'm not even sure how that argument backs you up.
The sad part is that, you might actually be telling the truth about your experiment and about the results you've found by overeating protein. Yet the more I read your counter arguments the more this seems like just a joke...

carnivore

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 08:25:23 pm »
I don't see how photos will prove anything. 

Understand that putting almost 2lbs of muscle per day is not common and deserves proof !

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 08:34:14 pm »
Lighten up dude!  I don't want to sound like a college professor the whole time.  We all know what kind of nice black girl asses I'm talking about, like Beyonce, not Monique.  LOL!!!!  Nitrogen and sulphur, the other just plain old hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen.  Does anyone get that analogy? 

Keep doubting me, I don't care.  Obviously you're not a thinktank like I am.  I'm just kidding around, don't take me too seriously with my playful comments.  But really, I don't care. 

Offline Christopher

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 08:48:31 pm »
College Professor? They actually make sensible arguments... so Beyonce has that nice ass because she eats 1000 grams of protein from lean meat?  -\ ooops never mind you don't care I'll  -X

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 08:50:54 pm »
Redfulcrum, may I ask in what state your intestines are - 10 days...it may take longer put your system will get in a mess; have you gone swimming yet? What about going for a run - things might look a little different -\

Nicola
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 09:05:24 pm by Nicola »

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 09:00:53 pm »
No, your body upregulates.  You really need to hang out with morbidly obese people or bodybuilders.  There's really no difference on the amount we eat, just the type of food is different for the two groups.  It's fun.  I can probably out eat that hotdog eating Kobayashi guy.  Although, I would probably die from high blood sugar from all those buns.

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 09:32:16 pm »
Christopher, Christopher...

I feel like I failed to explain the process of putting on muscle quickly.  I guess I do have to put on my scholar cap back on... Christopher. ;)

Okay now.  Got my 80's music in the backround.  A bowl of meat... Check! Here we go!

Let's talk about life.  What is life?  At least life on Earth.  It all started in this primordial soup... Blah, blah, blah... Fast forward.  Ok, now onto the subject of nitrogen.  Why is this element so damn important?  Without nitrogen there would be no amino acids, without amino acids there would be no golden showers.  Sorry for the joke, I'm sure we're all old enough in here.  Is that too dirty?  Get ready Christopher.  I want you to picture a cow eating grass in the pasture.  Why is this cow eating grass?  OH, grass is cow food.  Stay with me, now.  So what else is she doing?  Is she doing push ups?  Deadlifts?  Nope, she's just standing around eating grass.  That's a realistic concept to you, right?  Ok, so the more she eats the bigger she gets right?  Is grass fed beef as fatty as grain fed beef?  Hmmm... Redfulcrum might be on to something here...  What is the difference between grass and grain?  MAYBE, the macronutrients differ...  Hmmm...  Maybe more PROTEIN and less CARBOHYDRATES.  So if a cow eats more grass, than could it be possible that she'll grow larger at a faster rate, all without doing deadlifts or bench presses?  Keep pondering about it.  Apply the same concept to humans, how do we get our protein?  It's ain't celery. 

I hope this clears things up for some of you guys.  Christopher, did you learn something today? ;)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 11:23:16 pm »
At the risk of sounding politically incorrect(which I absolutely adore), might I point out that black americans are notoriously overweight by comparison to other ethnic groups, due to excessive ingestions of highly processed junk-food diets so might well have large asses(arses we call them in the UK). Whatever the case, for nefarious purposes of my own, I'm always pleased to find that raw zero-carbers are more conspiracy-theory-oriented than other RPDers. It makes us other RPDers look good by contrast.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 11:41:47 pm »
Interesting..

So you're eating 10 pounds of lean meat per day? And when your body feels it needs fat you binge on fat?

One thing I'm worried about is putting a load on my digestive system like that. What is your skin and bowel moments like after you started doing this? To me those 2 are always the strongest indicator if somethings right or not.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 11:43:26 pm »
I agree with ya.  Maybe my idea of a black girl's ass is skewed more since I am from San Diego.  On another note, black girls tend to have bigger butts not just from fat, but also from protein.  On the flip side, look at the white girls.  Most of them around DC are just skinny fat girls because they believe meat makes them fat.  I rather be with a fat chick with muscles than a stick of blubber.  That's so nasty looking.  Black chicks are just straight up gluttons, they don't have the white girl anorexic mindset, but they devour everything.  I too am a glutton, but I only eat meat so my body fat never gets out of hand.  I only get chunky when I'm drinking too much.  When I see a paleo body, I know what I'm talking about.  Big muscles and low body fat.  That's the ass I'm talking about, at least in the high end clubs in San Diego.   You'll see white girls like that every now and then around here in DC, but nothing compared to the amount in San Diego.  Everything is better on the west coast.  

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 11:46:17 pm »
Black people have larger butts genetically, on average.  It has nothing to do with diet.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2010, 11:50:27 pm »
- just in case you missed this

Interesting..

So you're eating 10 pounds of lean meat per day? And when your body feels it needs fat you binge on fat?

One thing I'm worried about is putting a load on my digestive system like that. What is your skin and bowel moments like after you started doing this? To me those 2 are always the strongest indicator if somethings right or not.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2010, 12:04:21 am »
Everything is normal.  You eat and go to bathroom as needed when you need to make room, just like my cow example.  It's actually not so bad, until rabbit starvation sets in.  That's when your body is rejecting it and you're going all the time.  Which took me a good 5 days.  I guess I had enough of that mystical micro-nutrient to handle pounds and pounds of lean meat for 5 days.  Imagine if I rationed that meat out further.  It might have taken a few weeks for it to set in.  That's just me though, I'm a healthnut, so I'm properly nourished and built up a good amount of stores.  I can't say the same for the average Joe.   Most of the meat is assimilated into your body.  That's how you pack on weight.  You eat more than you shit and piss.  

The amount of food causes you to burn up like a furnace.  Had to turn the heat off because I was so thermogenic.  Slept in the nude.  

Skin is glowing and hair shines.  I look younger.  Faster heal rate for zits and blemishes.(I was experimenting with sourdough whole wheat before this, bad idea.  Very allergenic and androgenic.)  Looks like I reversed a lot of the damage I done from last year's drinking and that damn bread.  

I would definitely do it again once my stores are built back up, minus the diarrhea part.  I think I'm just gonna do it for 4 days, return back to eating normal and repeat until I get to the size I want to be.  

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2010, 12:05:51 am »
Well, there I would disagree. During my disastrous RZC phases, I felt far hotter  during periods where I consumed a lot of raw animal fat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2010, 12:09:45 am »
You're wrong pal.  Diet is everything.  People look different around the world because of diet and how they use their bodies.  Mexicans look short and unattractive and Chicanos are more like your standard american.  Same blood line, why the difference in height and build?  Look at bodybuilders, they mostly eat the same diet, same workout, they look pretty much the same.  Don't give me that BS about genes.  Weston Price already proved that crap wrong back in the day.  

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2010, 12:17:25 am »
Everything is normal.  You eat and go to bathroom as needed when you need to make room, just like my cow example.  It's actually not so bad, until rabbit starvation sets in.  That's when your body is rejecting it and you're going all the time.  Which took me a good 5 days.  I guess I had enough of that mystical micro-nutrient to handle pounds and pounds of lean meat for 5 days.  Imagine if I rationed that meat out further.  It might have taken a few weeks for it to set in.  That's just me though, I'm a healthnut, so I'm properly nourished and built up a good amount of stores.  I can't say the same for the average Joe.   Most of the meat is assimilated into your body.  That's how you pack on weight.  You eat more than you shit and piss.  

The amount of food causes you to burn up like a furnace.  Had to turn the heat off because I was so thermogenic.  Slept in the nude.  

Skin is glowing and hair shines.  I look younger.  Faster heal rate for zits and blemishes.(I was experimenting with sourdough whole wheat before this, bad idea.  Very allergenic and androgenic.)  Looks like I reversed a lot of the damage I done from last year's drinking and that damn bread.  

I would definitely do it again once my stores are built back up, minus the diarrhea part.  I think I'm just gonna do it for 4 days, return back to eating normal and repeat until I get to the size I want to be.  

So you feel that eating such a high amount of lean proteint with high fat intervals is doing you a lot better than when you were eating regular and set quantities of meat higher in fat? Personally I feel a lot better since I started eating raw meat besides the fact that I've been having a looot of brainfog. Also my temper has been extremely short and basically anything tiny makes me rage.

I'm thinking this is because I'm not eating enough of protein thus my brain is not getting enough fuel.

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2010, 12:18:37 am »
I call BS about the fat being hotter.  There's about a 3% thermogenic effect for fat.  No way you'll generate that much heat digesting it.  It goes right thru the intestinal walls.  Barely any work for the digestion system.   Where do you people come up with this stuff?  If it makes you so hot why don't you just drink oil and not eat meat.  Maybe people don't realize how much protein is contained in an ounce of meat.  Whatever, I'm getting tired of ignorant comments about fat and ketosis.  I think I need to write a whole new post on this subject.  

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2010, 12:21:03 am »
I am trying to gain MUSCLE and not FAT.  I love to eat the normal ratios, but normal ratios is going to put too much body fat on.  That's where manipulating your intake comes in.  I really should've started this post in the workout/bodybuilding section. 

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2010, 12:21:36 am »
You're wrong pal.  Diet is everything.  People look different around the world because of diet and how they use their bodies.  Mexicans look short and unattractive and Chicanos are more like your standard american.  Same blood line, why the difference in height and build?  Look at bodybuilders, they mostly eat the same diet, same workout, they look pretty much the same.  Don't give me that BS about genes.  Weston Price already proved that crap wrong back in the day.  

No, there are actual scientific studies about the genetic differences in body part size and shape between the races and subraces. Please don't argue this with me.  I'd like to leave you with a shred if credibility, and you won't have any left if you keep going.  I can link studies all day, my friend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk