Author Topic: Sully's Journal  (Read 138676 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Sully's Journal
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2009, 05:15:00 am »
Now I am currently doing martial arts 3 days a week, and weight lifting 3 days too(lifting tues, thurs, sat). Taking sunday off. I do different weight lifting exercises each day consentrating on different muscle groups. I started zero carb a while ago, but started over again a week ago because of traveling to Jordan. I met my father for the first time. I ate unseasoned rare and cooked meat with raw fruit while traveling. They actually gave me the kidneys of the sheep right after slaughter. :) Nice huh?

I feel good starting over about 5 days in with no noticable fatigue. Which I think Is unusual. Perhaps because I fasted about 1 day and a half or 2 days before starting zero carb again. I expected to get hit with fatigue. Only fruit carvings on day 1 &2.

My food consist of plain meat with no seasonings. I ate alot of jerky but plan on starting todays food transition to nothing but raw meat when I eat tonight. I will stick to zero carb for my whole life. I will not let traveling get in the way again.

I will put up pics of my travel to Jordan soon. ;)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2009, 05:31:37 am »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2009, 05:33:56 am »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2009, 05:35:44 am »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2009, 05:38:22 am »

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2009, 05:46:31 am »
Sweet pics! that picture with the sheep is pretty awesome. so you got to eat the kidneys right there? were you able to get any good fat while traveling?

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2009, 05:55:51 am »
Sweet pics! that picture with the sheep is pretty awesome. so you got to eat the kidneys right there? were you able to get any good fat while traveling?
Yup the kidneys were actually very good. I think they were kidneys... But good taste. I ate mainly lamb in the begginning, in the middle chicken (which I didn't like because it was probably on a grain based diet), and in the ending days of being in jordan red meat. My father paid for evrything. But there was plenty of fat served with my meat, I'm guessing definitly better qualty than corn fed beef in the usa.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2009, 05:57:09 am »
Yup the kidneys were actually very good. I think they were kidneys... But good taste. I ate mainly lamb in the begginning, in the middle chicken (which I didn't like because it was probably on a grain based diet), and in the ending days of being in jordan red meat. My father paid for evrything. But there was plenty of fat served with my meat, I'm guessing definitly better qualty than corn fed beef in the usa.
Even the fruits I ate were local.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2009, 06:19:52 am »
cool, so im guessing the lamb and stuff was probably grass fed or at least not fed grain? how'd they react when you ate the raw kidney?

William

« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2009, 06:42:48 am »
"A rose-red city,
half as old as Time"             

wrote an English poet of Petra. Was that it in the second-last photo?

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2009, 10:12:43 am »
cool, so im guessing the lamb and stuff was probably grass fed or at least not fed grain? how'd they react when you ate the raw kidney?
My aunts husband who is killing the sheep just offered it to me, and said it was good. I ate it, and it was good. Thats pretty much it. Than they gave me some more later because I told them I beleive its healthy to eat it like that. I was talking to my aunts husband, he seemed to know about the animals eating only grass and it being the best way to produce tasty healthy meat. Some meat is grainfed. But many guys are to poor to offord grains on that scale I think, not sure. Next door a man had goats, I think they ate grains and leaves or grass. But most likley no injections of growth hromones or antibiotics.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:19:56 am by Sully »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2009, 10:15:09 am »
"A rose-red city,
half as old as Time"             

wrote an English poet of Petra. Was that it in the second-last photo?
Yup thats it, I'm actually in the picture leaning against the pillar.

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2009, 06:12:56 pm »
awesome pics man

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2010, 06:12:24 am »
Wow haven't posted here in a while. Was going to start raw zero carb. But came across some fruit in my neighborhood. ;)
Well, I had only some raw wild salmon yesterday with skin of course. Today, just some grass fed beef liver right from Wisconsin, and the fruit you see here in the pictures. I think I'll try a seasonal thing with fruit, and then try zero carb in the winter. I am thinking about meat one day, fruit the next.
That's not a guaranteed plan though. I change my mind a lot. :D One things for sure though, I'll be staying 100% I mean 99% raw for a while. Was doing a mixture before cooked and raw. 100% raw for a couple days. Already seeing improvements.

I will definitely post some before and after pics in the weeks to come if there is some notable changes besides me not shaving. lol

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2010, 03:42:52 am »
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JfffItPyOlQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JfffItPyOlQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2010, 07:48:49 am »
Wild Black Raspberries & Wild Garlic Mustard Greens

Trout

Trout

Killed A Rabbit Today With Pellet Rifle

Rabbit Heart

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2010, 08:53:57 am »
Your thumb lunula is a bit low

Seriously though, good shit

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2010, 10:50:11 am »
thumb lunula? haha i had too look that up

thanks though

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2010, 08:02:13 pm »
great stuff, that heart is tiny.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2010, 04:04:50 am »
great stuff, that heart is tiny.
yeah about the same size as a chicken heart, rabbit meat actually looks like chicken meat too, it turns white when you cook it also

Offline actionhero

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2010, 04:47:00 am »
Killed A Rabbit Today With Pellet Rifle

Did you drink the blood and if so how did your body react?

I plan to kill a rabbit just to try warm blood and living organs.

A P E X   P R E D A T O R

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2010, 09:49:57 am »
Well, I hit it in the shoulder. I removed that because the pellet was made of lead. It seemed like blood clogged up in the area where I hit it.(forming a bruise? There wasn't tons of blood. I tried to slice an artery in the neck to see. Not lots of blood when I was cutting meat up. I Just butchered it then washed some fur off then froze it. I got meat, testes, some brain(tiny), liver, kidneys, heart. Blood might be in my meat still. It's something you have to experience yourself. I am thinking about getting a sling shot and using stones so I don't have to worry about the metals in bullets. I didn't eat anything on spot, was kinda early in the day and I wasn't hungry.

Next time I will start off the butchering process by slicing the throat over a bowl to see how much blood I can get.

The heart was tender and good btw. I got some beef heart now. Delicious.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2010, 07:18:17 am »
WILD VS DOMESTICATED RASPBERRIES

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2010, 09:52:58 am »
These exact same wild black raspberries grow in great abundance where I live. I gathered tons of them in the past month, and froze a good portion for the winter. However, they're guarded by thorns, and bloodthirsty mosquitoes. My arms and legs still have scratch marks on them. However, since going raw paleo, mosquito bites don't bother me much anymore. They itch for a few minutes, and then stop itching. When I was a kid eating a standard diet, mosquito bites would itch for days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk