Author Topic: Sully's Journal  (Read 138678 times)

Satya

Re: Sully's Journal
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 11:50:40 pm »
If the chicken has been in the freezer for 7 days at 0 F or longer at higher temp, any parasites will be dead.  Bacteria and such might be an issue, but you could marinate in citrus or vinegar for a couple hours to kill that.  In your situation, regardless of how you eat the meat, I would use the bones and make a stock to stretch the food source for more nutrients.  Eggs are an inexpensive source for protein and fat too.  Can you gather any nuts or anything now?

Best wishes!

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 11:51:25 pm »
Mixing low quality meat with high quality fat is what i will do for now. I just got to work with what I got. It will all work out.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 11:57:16 pm »
In your situation, regardless of how you eat the meat, I would use the bones and make a stock to stretch the food source for more nutrients.  
The chicken I have is boneless. But mixing that with my rendered fat lex sent me will do for now. i can get black walnuts. They take a bunch of energy to get, smash the husk with a brick, then smashing the shell, then some of the bitter husk stuff gets on the nuts sometimes, but sometimes all that energy is fun to blow off to get a tasty nut. Low quality meat mixed with the high quality fat will be OK for now.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 12:09:09 am »
At school today I wore a sleeveless shirt with the sides slit all the way down. The school made me wear my sweater for gym. I have to wear my sweater all day. or maybe I'll find some pins to pin together my shirt on the side.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 05:41:27 am »
I noticed that some butchers around me who when haven't sold all their meat for the week will grind it up and package and freeze as raw pet food and sell it for $3 a kilo.

I supermarket near me sells ok tasting 'budget' fatty hamburger mince for $1.99 a kg!

So if I was ever in financial difficulties i've got these to fall back on.

It's taken me a couple of years to notice these cheap meats.

I local butcher also gave me fat for free! ask around be cheeky you may find some generous butchers or claim your a bit short of money and need to feed your dog.. Or even go dumpster diving, I did when I was really poor.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2008, 06:58:54 am »
I noticed that some butchers around me who when haven't sold all their meat for the week will grind it up and package and freeze as raw pet food and sell it for $3 a kilo.

Sully,
As Andrew says, many markets will mark down their meat substantially in price when it starts to discolor.  Anything they can't sell is usually put in the waste bin (along with fat trimmings etc) that goes to the rendering plant.  You might ask your local butcher to save this meat for you, telling him you want it for your dog.  Selling it to you at 1/2 price or maybe even less is far more than they get from throwing it in the waste bin. I've gotten meat this way many times.  Sometimes I get turned down, but you'll never know unless you ask.  If one butcher says no then try another.

Persistence can really payoff...

Lex

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2008, 08:27:52 pm »
I have 20 dollars from baby sitting, i was thinking about giving it to my sisiter so she can get me some slankers pet food with her credit card. Any suggestions? Is their pet food leen?

Before I got this 20, i was really thinking about hunting rabbits at night.

Anyways, my mom is broke so I can't rely on her, she won't buy me anything. This 20 is all I got until I get food stamps on the 5th.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2008, 08:50:47 pm »
Nevermind, I think their shipping cost makes it not worth it.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 08:54:24 pm »
I believe Slanker's has a minimum order of $75 for shipping.

coconinoz

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 07:33:56 am »
"life seems neither long nor short, & we take no more heed to save time or to make haste than do the trees & stars. this is true freedom, a good practical sort of immortality.
"... 1 is constantly reminded of the infinite lavishness & fertility of nature -- inexhaustible abundance amid what seems enormous waste. & yet when we look into any of her operations that lie within reach of our minds, we learn that no particle of her material is wasted or worn out. it is eternally flowing from use to use, beauty to yet higher beauty, & we soon cease to lament waste & death, & rather rejoice & exult in the imperishable, unspendable wealth of the universe, & faithfully watch & wait the reappearance of everything that melts & fades & dies about us, feeling sure that its next appearance will be better & more beautiful than the last"

(from 1st summer by john muir, who was born in scotland & relocated to wisconsin at age 11)

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 08:00:34 am by coconinoz »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 11:34:26 pm »
i'm going to do zero carb pretty soon. After apples and walnut are out of season zero carb will begin. I will post when I begin and how I feel along the way.

I am very active and exersize twice daily. Actually three time if you count gym at school.
It will be interesting to see how I, a very active person does on zero carb.   I will be eating one meal a day. At 6 or 7pm

Tonights meal.

2-4 apples, 2 eggs,  a little over 1 pound of 85% lean ground beef, then about 8oz of walnuts.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 11:29:10 pm »
Started zero carb. been doing it for 2 days now. No noticeable changes in energy.

Although after I consumed my one meal at night the last past days I get pretty tired like. Although, in the morning I feel rejuvenated.

I didn't poop as usually this morning, perhaps I am constipated from the fat. I'm sure my body will adapt to that soon though.

No problem lifting weights or exercising.

Getting leaner, and my face complexion is getting even clearer.

It's funny though, I'm satisfied with only about 2 pounds of meat a day, even less sometimes. I'm eating 85% lean ground beef, sometimes a bit of grass fed fat, Its rendered fat lex sent me, because i have no source of raw pasture fat due to money issues.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2008, 02:47:51 am »
It's funny though, I'm satisfied with only about 2 pounds of meat a day, even less sometimes. I'm eating 85% lean ground beef, sometimes a bit of grass fed fat, Its rendered fat lex sent me, because i have no source of raw pasture fat due to money issues.

Boy Sully; a meat and fat diet is not just "sometimes a bit of grass fed fat" - lean ground beef AND quite a bit of fat!!!!!!!

Nicola

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2008, 06:40:06 am »
Although after I consumed my one meal at night the last past days I get pretty tired like.

I also get tired after fatty meals since zero-carbing. Interestingly, since dropping estrogen, my health has improved and the fatigue factor is improving. I suspect it has something to do with our body's difficulty digesting fat, from not being used to it or something wrong with the liver/gallbladder or pancreas or even small intestines.

I didn't poop as usually this morning, perhaps I am constipated from the fat. I'm sure my body will adapt to that soon though.

Yes, I think so, if you are healthy. After dropping the estrogen, I no longer get constipated.

It's funny though, I'm satisfied with only about 2 pounds of meat a day, even less sometimes.

Yes, I don't eat much also. That is totally normal. Same with Lex.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2008, 12:04:06 am »
I went off Raw paleo recently.
I ate a bunch of junk the past few days. Don't even want to say what it was.

I am sick right now with a sore throat and sniffles.  -v
I am glad to experince this and it motivates me never to eat cooked or processed foods again. I would rather eat by myself and stay healthy than eat with others and destoy my body.

I worked out this morning even though I am sick. I'm eating a small plate of cauliflower, with 8oz ground beef, and some fresh coconut tonight. I'm staying away from sweet foods for a while. Even fruit, I can't control myself when I eat too much sweet foods.

I'm going to stick with very low in sugar vegetables from the farmer markets for my only plant consumption with the occassional fresh coconut (only if I'm not satisfied with the 8 - 10 oz of meat a day that I can afford).

All symptons of sickness will go away in 1-2 days!!!! Lets make some bets???? Anyone? ;D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 12:07:39 am by Sully »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2008, 12:06:32 am »
Boy Sully; a meat and fat diet is not just "sometimes a bit of grass fed fat" - lean ground beef AND quite a bit of fat!!!!!!!

Nicola
I know this. I will eventually try carnivore again when i can afford quality animal foods. That will be when I get a job.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2008, 12:08:25 am »
Another thing to add,

I'm glad I'm young, and heal quickly...

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2008, 12:18:58 am »
hope you feel better soon man

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2008, 11:22:13 pm »
hope you feel better soon man
I'm feeling fine today. The soar throat went down dramatically. My noes stopped leaking too.

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2009, 11:04:05 pm »
If you started when you were born, you might be healthier stronger. But perhaps at the loss of other things that are benefitial.

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2009, 05:42:37 am »
If you started when you were born, you might be healthier stronger. But perhaps at the loss of other things that are benefitial.

but crytic, i kinda just meant, "oh well, but it was probably fun anyway" kinda thing.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2009, 12:20:49 am »
Its been a lot of ups and downs with diet and motivation these past months, I am slowly working my way back up mentally. I plan on being more truthful with the way things are going for me.

I first started eating only raw paleo foods and eating six meals a day. I joined the forum and have learned of the success of eating one meal a day. I did it. I had one big plate of food around 7pm every day. 3/4 of the plate was filled with fruit, 1/4 with nuts. And I ate a small piece of meat too, about 3oz to 6oz. I ate the raw meat first cause I didn't like the taste, then the fruit, then my nuts. I felt much better than before and lost a lot of weight. I noticed improvements in my health but it seemed to stop progression after a while. My acne on my back did go completely away and my complexion was very clear. I pooped every morning too. I was very thin, and pretty toned too. I practiced martial arts every day I believe, at the time. I also lifted light and heaving weights with multiple sets, many of them were kinda unnatural movements in unnatural positions but most were OK. After this I experienced a lot of ups and downs on trying new things I learned about diet, I learned of food combining, anti-nutrients in nuts, grass fed meat and its importance and superiority to grain fed meats, zero carb etc, etc. I became addicted to carbs and was frustrated with what was best for me and binged a lot, ate grains, cereal milk cheese, whatever, highly processes candies, even a caramel apple ate once. I witnessed returning acne and increase of fat, but also increased muscle mass, but even though I never looked fat by today's standards. My highest was 160 or over. Compared to my one meal a day when I got to 135 or lower.

Present:
After months of ups and downs I truly want to adapt to zero carb and relinquished this food addiction I created through confusion and emotional eating. I have been eating fruit this past month but have been eating more meat. Acne cleared up again and I feel better. I made some changes in exercise and feel and look good. My addiction to carbs is pretty much gone mentally.Been doing pretty good these past few weeks, I have just started zero carb yesterday. After lowering fruit consumption slowly.

My Current Exercise Regimen:(I still practice martial arts because I love it, but have lowered it down to a few simple and effective techniques that are more natural movements, and of course I do other exercise that appear in my regular life and I walk alot)

Monday: Hand and Elbow Strikes. (standing only)

Tuesday: Leg and knee strikes. (standing only)

Wednesday: Pull-ups, dips, push ups. (one set each as many reps as I can do) Gripper machine one set as many as I can do. I run up and down stairs, up once and down once counts as 1, I do a certain amount depending on how big the flight of stairs or grassy hill is.

Thursday: Ground strikes, wrestling, and submissions.

Friday: Sparring or or just mixing everything together when training.

Saturday: I take 2 dumbbells in each hand, get in squat position, dumbbells just above floor, squat up, curl, than push them over my head, reverse movement, and repeat until I can't do anymore, one set. Gripper machine one set as many as I can do. Stair/hill exercise again.

Sunday: No planned exercise.

I gain more and maintain muscle with less weight lifting and more meat and less carbs
I will soon put pictures of my physical transformation and my current exercises. Thanks for reading.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2009, 01:50:35 am »
Great to see you back Sully!  Yup, carbs are a tough habit to kick and few are successful.  In the wild, carbs are few and far between so our ability to eat them is self limiting.  Unfortuantely, in our modern world, carbs are easier to obtain (and appear to be cheaper) than good quality meat. 

Take it one day at a time. It will not be easy, but, for me, the end result has been well worth the effort and the social inconvienence.  I trust you will find the same if you stick it out.

I wish you all possible success in your journey.

Lex

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2009, 09:22:21 am »
Thanks for your support Lex. I am  in Green Bay visiting my sister with one of my sisters who lives in Milwaukee close to me. They picked wild raspberries. I came close to eating them,I went the whole day without eating because I visited my sisters friends house.  I got back to my sisters house finally I ate three very very rare grass fed burgers with 2 organic eggs & olive oil because the meat seemed kinda lean.  I just ate around 8pm. I am determined to stick it out.  I found a local health food store in Green Bay that will supply me with grass fed meat while I am in Green Bay.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2009, 04:15:26 am »
How's things going?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk