Author Topic: TylerDurden: Accident & offline for weeks  (Read 21146 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
TylerDurden: Accident & offline for weeks
« on: March 01, 2010, 11:23:43 pm »
I am posting this on behalf of Geoff:

He had a severe skiing-accident and will not be available for several weeks.

We wish him all the best.

Alex
mail@ajk.at
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: TylerDurden: Accident & offline for weeks
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 11:36:02 pm »
That's really sad to hear.
I hope he will recover very soon.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 11:45:21 pm »
Ooh, so sorry to hear that. Best wishes to Tyler for a speedy recovery.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 12:59:58 am »
Well, I am in a provincial town which only has 1 internet access which appears to be dial-up so largely useless. This will be my last post for weeks. Some idiot skied into me on Wednesday , I suspect one of those male helmet-wearing psycho  skiing fashonistas we see nowadays on the slopes. I don't have a recollection of the accident due to shock but I've had issues with such before, as helmet_wearers for obvious reasons can't hear or see as well as other skiers and don't generally care as they are protected by the helmet. Other skiers like me aren't which is why I have a little blood in the brain, stitches below my right eye and 1 or 2 minor facial bones broken so that my right jaw feels pain whenver I eat the crappy hospital food. Now all I have to is wait endlessly while the hospital decides to do the necessary operation, and in the meantime, I have to submit to 3 daily drips of RPD-unfriendly antibiotics. What makes it worse is that, apparently, my veins are extremely  difficult to use/get access to, so not only do those injections have to be deep and therfore rather painful but the injection site has to be changed frequently as well, I've been injected in 6-10 different sites on each arm by now.

Oh yes, I had a delightful time that wednesday where they stitched me up, awfully painful as the painkillers they gave, if any, didn't work.

Interesting; I seem to see 728 members listed. I'd thought there were only 686 members a few day ago.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 01:09:05 am »
Heh, heh. If you see this, it's good to see your in your usual grumpy spirits. I think that's a good sign.  ;D

I'm a bit under the weather too, apparently due to having experimented with ghee. It tasted good, but I woke up ill in the wee hours of the morning, probably due to a combination of not getting all the milk solids out and slightly overcooking it. I'm improving though and didn't react as badly as I have in the past to certain foods like milk.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 01:25:46 am »
I am posting this on behalf of Geoff:

He had a severe skiing-accident and will not be available for several weeks.

We wish him all the best.

Alex
mail@ajk.at

Oh my gosh.
How is he?
How can we help?
Can we send him get well cards or gifts?
Where?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 01:32:56 am »
Don't worry. By the time any messages came I'd have had the operation, I think, and will be off to the UK. I'm just annoyed at being an invalid as I'm an excellent skier and avoid such situations normally with ease. I suspect those helmet_wearing psychos as I've had various mini_incidents before where they hit me with no side-effects.Oh, I forgot to mention re symptoms, and my right eye is completely bloodshot so I'm hoping that will eventually go away; somehow.

OK, absolute last post as the hospital will start suspecting that I'm trying to avoid their antibiotic drips etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 01:41:22 am »
Can we send him get well cards or gifts?
Probably he needs a lot of raw meat and fat so that the recovery will be much faster. ;)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 01:52:04 am »
Other skiers like me aren't 
It's very important to wear the helmet - it's a great protection of the brain.
I use it all the time - esp. on the bike, because I ride quite a lot. 

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 04:48:57 am »
    Get well soon, Tyler!  I'm sorry you're not feeling good :(
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 05:42:09 am »
Really sorry to hear about this :( Maybe you can test those tissue regrowth claims by taking baths in ground beef or whatever it is aajonus does.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 10:05:09 am »
Good luck with getting well fast. 

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 11:12:09 am »
LOL@ take a bath in ground beef

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 12:37:11 pm »
I'm with Tyler.  I hate helmets and the outfits that accompany them - especially those spandex Spiderman get-ups that the cyclists seem to favor.  My generation didn't wear helmets or knee pads, or arm protectors, or any of that other stuff and most of us lived to tell about it.  Today we are far more likely to be thrown in jail for not making sure that our kid is wearing a helment on his tricycle than the chances of him getting hurt.

Much of the joy of life is embracing the risks,

Lex

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 02:18:05 pm »
you're in our thoughts TD

bests to your speedy recovery!!!

alphagruis

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 05:43:26 pm »

Lex

I agree.

Absolute protection against risks is impossible anyway. I'm fond of sailing and by far prefer to do it without any protection. IMO best protection is to do ones best to anticipate the various possible consequences of human stupidity.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 06:55:39 pm »
I'm with Tyler.  I hate helmets and the outfits that accompany them - especially those spandex Spiderman get-ups that the cyclists seem to favor.  My generation didn't wear helmets or knee pads, or arm protectors, or any of that other stuff and most of us lived to tell about it.  Today we are far more likely to be thrown in jail for not making sure that our kid is wearing a helment on his tricycle than the chances of him getting hurt.

Lex

Well, I've managed to sneak out for a 2nd time. As for previous comments, the helmets on skiers are very dangerous as they greatly limit vision to the sides, and make hearing more difficult. It also means that some helmeted character can easily headbutt another skier and just go on regardless. The key with skiing is to be fully aware of your surroundings not just your immediate surroundings but much farther off as well(that's why poor skiiers should really be banned from going on anything but very easy runs as they only focus on their skiis, basically). At any rate, helmets just make things dangerous for everybody else.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 07:40:16 pm »
At any rate, helmets just make things dangerous for everybody else.
That's not true.
I've have used ski helmet and it hasn't limited my vision or my hearing whatsoever.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 07:49:38 pm »
That's not true.
I've have used ski helmet and it hasn't limited my vision or my hearing whatsoever.

Well, I know the above comment not be true as a) I was forced to wear ski-helmets before in younger days(where at least people had the sense to make fun of me) and experienced a definite reduction in all-round vision and hearing. Plus, in tis last season I'd already had minor run-ins with helmeted characters, so I know that they are dangerous.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 08:09:27 pm »
Plus, in tis last season I'd already had minor run-ins with helmeted characters, so I know that they are dangerous.
Blame those reckless skiers not the helmets.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 08:33:45 pm »
One thing to consider - hypothetical scenario here- is that if all other people are wearing helmets and that you are the only one without one then, although you will not be able to manuever around as well, it might be a better decision to go ahead and where a helmet as well as the overall advantage is in your favor (well I guess it depends on how much utility you put in fun vs. safety). Motorcyclists put themselves in this kind of situation everyday. If everyone was riding a motorcycle they could very well end up being very safe and choosing to wear a helmet could possibly be a poor decision.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 12:02:10 am »
I've personally found that wearing bike helmets make me feel both unsafe and obstruct my vision and sense of whats around me. That said I've cracked my head pretty bad snowboarding before and would probably wear a helmet on slopes myself, as it can be much for of a free for all of factors and people than even a wet rode with heavy traffic.

I've been hospitalized after long periods of raw myself, I know how frustrating it can be to have the knowledge of the side effects to various medical procedures can be, having to eat their junky food etc...and still recognize that allopathic stuff has its place esp in physical emergencies, accepting that alone is hard and admirable. I hope you are able to easily go back to doing what is most healthful for your recovery, and have no doubt that your eye should be one of the first things to be healed completely.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 12:35:09 am »
Blame those reckless skiers not the helmets.
  That's just it, they were simply average skiers whose skill at skiing was greatly reduced by wearing helmets. Without those helmets, certain mini_accidents such as being hit by a helmet in passing couldn't have happened as an unhelmeted skier would have seen me well in advance and swerved away or would only have minorly glanced my skull with his skull or his hat.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 12:40:31 am »
I've personally found that wearing bike helmets make me feel both unsafe and obstruct my vision and sense of whats around me. That said I've cracked my head pretty bad snowboarding before and would probably wear a helmet on slopes myself, as it can be much for of a free for all of factors and people than even a wet rode with heavy traffic.
What kind of bike helmet have you got?
I rode over 10 thousands km in the last 3 years wearing this helmet - http://www.alpebike.pl/sklep/images/oscgt/1505_1144_49eaf29fe7816.jpg
It's so comfortable and definitely do not obstruct my vision and sense of what is around me.
I had got one mild accident with a car and the helmet saved my head, especially my head, which is not so strong because I've got cranioplastic implant in my scull (over 4 years ago I was hit by a car, as a pedestrian, and have got acute epidural hematoma and my scull has been trepanned )

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 12:57:43 am »
Re biker helmets(I remember 1 article some time back):-   http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/somerset/5334208.stm

My current situation is just ghastly. I have an operation on Friday which is fine(the only possible side-effect could be worse vision but they seem remarkably competent) and am waiting for them to get rid of my stitches which should have been done today, IMO. The ghastly bit isn't all that but the fact that the person who does my antibiotic drips has to periodically spend c.20 minutes a day trying to find a deep place in 1 of my arms to shove the syringe in so as to make a constant hole for the drips. This hurts when the blasted thing is pushed in and it also hurts when the (3 times a day)drip starts as the pressure of the liquid is most uncomfortable in the first 10 minutes. Well, I've been told I could leave on Sunday most likely, so the end is in sight.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk