Author Topic: TylerDurden: Accident & offline for weeks  (Read 21147 times)

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: TylerDurden: Accident & offline for weeks
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 03:37:31 am »
Re biker helmets(I remember 1 article some time back):-   http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/somerset/5334208.stm
I don't see how that proves or disproves a helmet being helpful during a bike crash. All that study proves is that already inconsiderate drivers get more so when a biker has a helmet on.

Quote from: Hannibal
What kind of bike helmet have you got?
I rode over 10 thousands km in the last 3 years wearing this helmet - http://www.alpebike.pl/sklep/images/oscgt/1505_1144_49eaf29fe7816.jpg
It's so comfortable and definitely do not obstruct my vision and sense of what is around me.
I have a similar helmet. At no point has it ever obstructed either my vision or hearing. The only problem I have with it is it makes you sweat more on a hot day.
I personally used to think helmets were dumb when I was younger. I've seen too many people messed up when they wipe out though to eschew one when riding a bike. I would feel very differently though if it was a full head/face helmet, like a motorcyclist's, as that would be more detrimental than beneficial.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 04:13:19 am »
The only problem I have with it is it makes you sweat more on a hot day.
I haven't got any problems with this.
My helmet is ventilated very well.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 04:43:02 am »
So there's no way to get your own food there? If I was stuck in the hospital I would try and get a friend to bring food, or bribe someone.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 06:37:27 am »
You could get William to send you some pemmican.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 06:39:13 am »
Yeah, I've usually worn a more obstructive and cheaper model I suppose, but I still feel uneasy with them. I would ride alot in NYC and I do believe drivers (if they see you) have some kind of subconscious fear of hitting you more if you don't have a helmet. But I may indeed get a helmet similar to this if I start biking regularly again.

I would think hospitals and airplanes would be the least hospitable places on earth to open raw meat. Perhaps you could hire a private nurse that makes raw egg shakes. I personally would try to get alot of avocado, but not sure if you eat those.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 07:33:47 am »

priceless

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 07:52:18 am »
Aajonus smuggled raw beef in to help his son.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 10:12:04 am »

I was just about to post this in 'minor issues' thread, lol! 

TD is there anyone who can bring you food?... your body needs the best nutritionally especially right now, no? 

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 11:58:34 am »
Aajonus took raw honey and raw eggs into family and clients in hospitals. You could even have someone bring in egg-honey shakes or egg-fruit smoothies.

What say we spare Tyler the debates about helmets and such until after he's out of the hospital? He could get in trouble for cursing at the computer. ;)
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 07:12:36 pm »
I don't see how that proves or disproves a helmet being helpful during a bike crash. All that study proves is that already inconsiderate drivers get more so when a biker has a helmet on.
I have a similar helmet. At no point has it ever obstructed either my vision or hearing.

What the study proves is that in this case the dangers(ie car-drivers) are not prevented by wearing a helmet but indeed helmet-wearing actually encourages  the likelihood of accidents. In a similiar fashion, helmet-wearing psycho skiers feel invulnerable but couldn't care less what the negative effects of wearing their helmets have on other more sensible skiers re the accidents the former cause.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 07:20:23 pm »
  Considering that pemmican is ghastly heated animal fat, it would be the most harmful thing for me to eat right now(or at any other time). I'll settle for the low-fat stuff like cooked fish etc. Suddenly, crap hospital food sounds almost enticing by comparison.

All in all, things are looking up. Today I had my stitches removed, I'm off the dreadful antibiotic drips until the friday operation so no injections right now(still have to take antibiotic pills) and could leave hospital on Sunday. The only catch is that I now find I have to have 2  or 3 tiny titanium plates inserted inside my face during the operation, which will make  me a sort of cyborg I guess.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2010, 07:28:34 pm »
I've been trying to find out about the accident, but the doctor didn't know nor did the ambulance crew who sent me. I suspect a conspiracy as it's impossible for none of them to know, and indeed medical guidelines would at least require detailed knowledge of how someone got injured. They are probably afraid of people launching lawsuits or getting revenge or some such nonsense, so quietly drop all mention of any criminals involved in such accidents. At the very least, I'd like the guy who crashed into me to be banned from skiing for at least a decade, and from the more difficult slopes, for life.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2010, 09:00:15 pm »
I know how you feel; I had an accident riding (my helm did not help much) and spent more than a month with a lot of pain and doctor's. It was not me that caused the accident and I will be getting money to compensate (I will probably have to watch my knee for the rest of my life).

Many years ago I had a fracture under my eye; I can't remember having to take them out - perhaps they dissolved :o

As you are in Austria - I have a friend for you...

Alle unsere Tiere werden extensiv gehalten, sie leben das ganze Jahr unter freiem Himmel, genießen von Frühling bis Herbst die Weide, und im Winter Heu, Silagen und Stroh. Seit Oktober 2008 bieten wir unseren Mädels und Buben noch einen besonderen Luxus für die kalte Jahreszeit, das „BOA Kuhhotel“ (siehe "Über uns") Somit wird der ohnehin kurze Weinviertler Winter noch gemütlicher!

http://www.galloway.at/

I can get some good fat in Switzerland too

http://www.galloway-world.org/

Look on the bright side!
Nicola

Offline Ouchburns

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2010, 10:45:41 pm »
I hope you have a speedy and full recovery!

William

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2010, 01:04:00 am »
  Considering that pemmican is ghastly heated animal fat, it would be the most harmful thing for me to eat right now(or at any other time).

Only Tyler has ever eaten "pemmican" made of ghastly heated animal fat, so if he ever makes any more and offers it to you, don't eat it.
His failure proves that he is not a chef de cuisine.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2010, 02:47:19 pm »
damn, get well soon!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 07:33:00 pm »
Only Tyler has ever eaten "pemmican" made of ghastly heated animal fat, so if he ever makes any more and offers it to you, don't eat it.
His failure proves that he is not a chef de cuisine.
Rubbish as usual. I have never claimed to have eaten pemmican at all. I have eaten crappy heated animal fat which is heated much like pemmican(but isn't pemmican), so am understandably rather wary of the inevitable health-problems reported by other RPDers who have indeed eaten the revolting genuine pemmican.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 07:39:46 pm »
I just had an eye-test. I think it was to safeguard the doctor or me,  as the only real nasty side-effect that can occur as a result of this operation is worse vision in my right eye. Well, the doctor seemed very competent and the operation seems rather simple.

Anyway, tomorrow is my operation. Not sure if I can use the Internet until Sunday. Depends on circumstances. I have to slip out of hospital in order to access it. And they do these checks every 3 hours on patients' blood pressure etc. which I'm supposed to be present for. My only regret is that I have to once more have that vicious antibiotic needle shoved into my arm, tomorrow. Those needles gave me a very inflamed right elbow for a time.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 11:36:38 pm »
  I have eaten crappy heated animal fat

I have not.

There is a difference between what makes us sick, and what makes us well - I hope you discover it sometime.
Until then, anyone who takes your advice is living dangerously.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2010, 05:45:00 pm »
I have not.

There is a difference between what makes us sick, and what makes us well - I hope you discover it sometime.
Until then, anyone who takes your advice is living dangerously.
  Given your trollish advice to eat pemmican and ghee, people are already living dangerously if they follow your "advice". I choose to recommend healthy foods instead.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2010, 05:45:56 pm »
I have not.

Yes you have eaten  crappy heated animal fat. It's called pemmican(oh and ghee).
" Ron Paul.

Offline Taste Sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2010, 05:59:40 pm »
Hey Tyler how's the hospital food? Can anyone sneak you raw, like in that play "We want to live'.  I would assume that going from all raw to all cooked would have some kind of an impact on you.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2010, 01:01:10 am »
Hey Tyler how's the hospital food? Can anyone sneak you raw, like in that play "We want to live'.  I would assume that going from all raw to all cooked would have some kind of an impact on you.
  It's not so bad. Hospitals don't like offering cooked animal fat so I'm safer than in other non-RPD situations. I'll be out on Monday, it seems, so from then on I'll be eating raw stagmeat etc.

Operation went ahead, I still have a swollen right eye, with it being bloodshot, but I'm told it will pass. In the meantime, it's giving me a dull ache.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2010, 01:51:18 am »
  It's not so bad. Hospitals don't like offering cooked animal fat so I'm safer than in other non-RPD situations. I'll be out on Monday, it seems, so from then on I'll be eating raw stagmeat etc. ...
That's great. Has your tolerance for cooked foods other than cooked animal fats improved? What kind of fats are they using?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2010, 01:49:20 am »
That's great. Has your tolerance for cooked foods other than cooked animal fats improved? What kind of fats are they using?
  Oh, it was just lean cooked meats plus lots of fruit and veg and endless soups with some gunk in them. Those just make me more tired but I would not notice such differences when lying constantly in a hospital bed.  It is cooked animal fat which really fouls up my day if I have it. Anyway, I am now recuperating outside hospital so am back to RVAF diet as usual.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk